Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hikari06 So here's the error I get:
System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Char[] data, Int32 length, Int32 invCharPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Nice job with the gamecube games, the boot picture for Kirby Air Ride looks awesome! Thank you!
Is it possible to play with a classic controller on the wiimote for the 2nd player?

PikaArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Hikari i just wanna let you know im 2 times in the hall of fame lul:iM|?Lenni? and lennart1911. you can remove 1 (idc which) and rename 1 to PikaArc .-.

Reactions: Dekirai

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 So here's the error I get:
System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Char[] data, Int32 length, Int32 invCharPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
Can you try with this alternate installer?
http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/setup.exe

Nice job with the gamecube games, the boot picture for Kirby Air Ride looks awesome! Thank you!
Is it possible to play with a classic controller on the wiimote for the 2nd player?
I have not tested it but it should be possible I think.
Hey Hikari i just wanna let you know im 2 times in the hall of fame lul:iM|?Lenni? and lennart1911. you can remove 1 (idc which) and rename 1 to PikaArc .-.
Alright, thank you for letting me know.
Is it possible to download and install them on the SD CARD?
Are you referring to Wii U games or Gamecube injections?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Yes, just select the games you previously had, and right click / download them.

The app will check size, and so integrity in regards to what the app should download.

edit : well, as the app separates updates DLC games, and eshop and retail, and sometimes regions with EUR, ALL, etc.
the best thing would be to first begin a download in wii usb helper to have the good location and name,, then stop it, and put in that folder what you previously had, and repeat process.
If you want my opinion, you'll never have something better as the good stuff coming directly from big N servers ^^, so maybe it's better to redownload it all -- except only CD's retail games (I'm thinking about Call of Duty , Guitar Hero, etc.) and the exception of fatal frame, that is just a demo if downloaded through this app.

Of course only to make backups of games you already have ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I think your method would work on encrypted files but not on extracted, decrypted ones, as the check is done before the extraction process.
I'll make a separate post regarding the checking of extracted files.

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have not tested it but it should be possible I think.

I have just tested it with a normal wiimote + classic controller... and it works! but, oddly, it connects to the third player (second light on the wiimote). Everything works fine aside from that.

matruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have one question guys. in which order i install the game, an update and a dlc?
is everything installed automatically with the game? or is the procedure this one: game -> update -> dlc

or doesn't it even matter?

on wiiu btw with wup installer

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this straight, the Gamecube and Wii games in Wii U USB helper can be directly installed using WUP just like Wii U games method and will work straight away without any need of vWii hacking and Nintendont?

I'm afraid to try and brick, heh.

EDIT: Ok couldn't wait any longer and just went for it. And wow, it worked! Tried my Sunshine ISO and it actually worked! The awesome part is USB helper prompted all the steps needed to be done. Asked me to provide the ISO, then checked I didn't have Nintendont and if it can install it for me (I didn't know this works without vWii), etc. All so seamless!

Great work @Hikari06

Wii U currently is my favorite machine :D This is what I imagined my Switch to be.

EDIT: I don't know where to ask this so I'll ask here. Can I inject my own DS games? If possible I'd love to inject my DQIX. And is it possible to move my save from DS to to Wii U?

Last edited by titaniuml,

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
OK then, it is me doing something wrong?
I download, select the iso or the gcm, let it do its thing. Then copy across to a working SD card.
All I did was within Wii U USB Helper I select download for the Gamecube title, within the pop up message I browse to the folder containing the iso file, and it does all the conversions. Afterwards I highlight the game which now shows as 100% downloaded and use the copy to SD function and it works great.

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok couldn't wait any longer and just went for it. And wow, it worked! Tried my Sunshine ISO and it actually worked! The awesome part is USB helper prompted all the steps needed to be done. Asked me to provide the ISO, then checked I didn't have Nintendont and if it can install it for me (I didn't know this works without vWii), etc. All so seamless!

What if I already have many gc iso games that I downloaded many years ago? Do i need to download them again?

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
What if I already have many gc iso games that I downloaded many years ago? Do i need to download them again?

It doesn't actually download the gamecube iso, just prompts you for one you have downloaded and then uses that to produce the version that can be used within WUP installer.
Your old iso images should be ideal for this purpose.

Wii U USB Helper also checks the iso you point it to is correct, so you cannot use a different region or a different game's iso.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm still trying to find this out too, There must be something obvious that im missing, there is no point to all this if you cant save your game. Can anyone advise?
The default configuration file "nincfg.bin" provided by USB Helper automatically creates a virtual memory card for your games.
Be sure that your configuration, if you don't use the one provided by USB Helper, does the same.

Yeah you should be able to use them just fine.

Are the "new" GC games gamepad supported?
Yes, they all work with the gamepad.

i have one question guys. in which order i install the game, an update and a dlc?
is everything installed automatically with the game? or is the procedure this one: game -> update -> dlc

or doesn't it even matter?

on wiiu btw with wup installer
You have to install the update, dlc and game but the order does not matter.
I have just tested it with a normal wiimote + classic controller... and it works! but, oddly, it connects to the third player (second light on the wiimote). Everything works fine aside from that.
Hmm, that's weird, I don't have a classic controller at hand to test but it should be the second payer since the gamepad is the first one. Perhaps you have another controller like a Wii U Pro controller or another wiimote which is already connected ?

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: matruka and OrGoN3

QwertyRX78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. Every time I try to download one of the new GC games i get to step 4 and get this error.
error.PNG

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

spotfek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The default configuration file "nincfg.bin" provided by USB Helper automatically creates a virtual memory card for your games.
Be sure that your configuration, if you don't use the one provided by USB Helper, does the same.

Right I realised why I have never done that, attached is what I get when I click the prepare SD card button :( My SD card is plugged in via a USB card reader and is the J:\

Attachments

• screenshot.28.jpg
    screenshot.28.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 166

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey there. Every time I try to download one of the new GC games i get to step 4 and get this error.View attachment 102352

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Is java installed?

Can you post the result of the following command ?

Code:
java -version

Right I realised why I have never done that, attached is what I get when I click the prepare SD card button :( My SD card is plugged in via a USB card reader and is the J:\

In that case your sd probably does not appear as an external drive to the application.
Anyway, just unpack this at the root of your sd and you should be ready to go :)

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    960.9 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: titaniuml

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any easy way to inject my own games?

I remember injected back in the loadiine days but that was a while ago and can't remember what I did anymore. Is it easier now?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Hikari06 im just curious what you are setting for each gcn game for nintendont. are they all set as widescreen for example? because some have weird issues with widescreen. or are you doing case by case

EDIT: I just noticed the force 4:3 option - i guess that's the same as not enabling widescreen?

Last edited by Nomelas,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed