Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiinDeX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Small question:

I am going to a LAN party and want to have my Wii U Games on my flash drive. So how can I start the games on the flash drive (for example Mario kart 8) with all updates and DLCs WITHOUT installing Wii USB Helper?

Lucaorom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can not install wiiu usb helper in any pcs of my local network, after the selection of the instalation folder the percentage in the updater does not leave 0%

I already verified the firewall and the anti-virus, none of then is blocking the updater.

Sorry for my bad english, i speak portuguese

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Small question:

I am going to a LAN party and want to have my Wii U Games on my flash drive. So how can I start the games on the flash drive (for example Mario kart 8) with all updates and DLCs WITHOUT installing Wii USB Helper?
I am a bit confused, you can't install USB Helper on a Wii U, it's a desktop-only app. Once you have downloaded the content with the app, you install it on your HDD via wup installer and a sd card but you don't need Wii U USB Helper to actually launch the games.

I can not install wiiu usb helper in any pcs of my local network, after the selection of the instalation folder the percentage in the updater does not leave 0%

I already verified the firewall and the anti-virus, none of then is blocking the updater.

Sorry for my bad english, i speak portuguese
Hello,
Can you try with this alternate installer?

http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/setup.exe

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small question:

If you're asking about using CEMU without installing Wii U USB Helper, that's more a question for the CEMU thread. If you mean something else, please rephrase your question.

Lupinthe3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys I am a bit confused, I did install and used WiiU USB Helper to update MK( on CEMU, but beside downloading Updates and DLC for wii U games, what does this thing do?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I am a bit confused, I did install and used WiiU USB Helper to update MK( on CEMU, but beside downloading Updates and DLC for wii U games, what does this thing do?

it can download 3ds stuff as well. just select the cia option to get into installable format.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been in the mood to replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I went and installed a "Wii" game on my Wii-U via WiiU-USB-Helper->SD->Haxchi->Mocha->WUP-Installer. The install itself went fine, but then when I launch the game, it reboots into Wii then immediately dies out and puts me back to the non-Mocha original firmware.

How do I get around this and play Metroid Prime Trilogy? Or do I have to remember how to WBFS and pull out my old Wii system etc? :(

Reactions: bixxewoscht

Mikola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to to use the Wii U USB Helper Gamecube Injection Tool to inject a different game other than the default one paper Mario the thousand year door? If so, how

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've been in the mood to replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I went and installed a "Wii" game on my Wii-U via WiiU-USB-Helper->SD->Haxchi->Mocha->WUP-Installer. The install itself went fine, but then when I launch the game, it reboots into Wii then immediately dies out and puts me back to the non-Mocha original firmware.

How do I get around this and play Metroid Prime Trilogy? Or do I have to remember how to WBFS and pull out my old Wii system etc? :(

I haven't installed this title personally but I believe I have already heard of people who actually managed to get it running. By the way does this happen on other Wii VC titles as well?

Is it possible to to use the Wii U USB Helper Gamecube Injection Tool to inject a different game other than the default one paper Mario the thousand year door? If so, how

No, the Injection Tool is designed to simplify the process as much as possible.
In order to make the process as easy as possible for the end user, I have to manually generate the different templates and test every game before adding them to the database, which takes time.
I do intend to release new titles regularly though (Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine have been made available today).
By the way I'm open to suggestions regarding what games you guys might be interested in seeing first.

Mikola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In order to make the process as easy as possible for the end user, I have to manually generate the different templates and test every game before adding them to the database, which takes time.
I do intend to release new titles regularly though (Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine have been made available today).
By the way I'm open to suggestions regarding what games you guys might be interested in seeing first.

It doesn't seem to do anything after it goes the command prompt stuff. Just opens a black java window and just sits there with a balancing cursor. What do I do about that?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It doesn't seem to do anything after it goes the command prompt stuff. Just opens a black java window and just sits there with a balancing cursor. What do I do about that?
Have you installed the latest version of Java?

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't installed this title personally but I believe I have already heard of people who actually managed to get it running. By the way does this happen on other Wii VC titles as well?

There's supposedly a way to make it work, but I am a little overwhelmed by it: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-vc-games-w-mocha.485660/ And no answers to my posted topic, heh. I just know I need to change something with my Mocha. I'll give things another day to see if someone can assist before digging in further and taking risks.

mcplayer9999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg this is awesome that it's got the ability to inject GC games.

Any rough ETA on what the next batch of games are going to be? Got my fingers crossed for KAR and the sports games specifically. Also Smash Bros.

spotfek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No matter which of the 3 gamecube ones I try to build it hangs on splash screen saying USB helper is building your game. I have latest Java installed and the longest I left it was probably 4 hours! Any ideas?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
omg this is awesome that it's got the ability to inject GC games.

Any rough ETA on what the next batch of games are going to be? Got my fingers crossed for KAR and the sports games specifically. Also Smash Bros.

There's no specific ETA actually. Right now I'm doing the ones for which I already have the isos (cause my connection is so bad it takes me a while to download them).
But yeah the games you are mentioning will come soon.

No matter which of the 3 gamecube ones I try to build it hangs on splash screen saying USB helper is building your game. I have latest Java installed and the longest I left it was probably 4 hours! Any ideas?

Did you see a command prompt open at some point or did it just stay on the dialog?

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: fluffykiwi

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to download the EUR update for BOTW. Every time I try it says failed to get content.

Deleted member 433769

Trophies
XP

Thanks a bunch for this, it's exactly the level of simplicity I was waiting for. All three games released so far work great.

As for which game I'd like to see next, perhaps Animal Crossing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8