Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pressplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Hikari06 Congratulations for this awesome application. Would you mind if I ask you to give the possibility of setting parameters for proxy connection (IP, port, username, password)? Type is HTTP. It may be useful also for who would like to use VPN or something like this.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: popal

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is absolutely awesome! It has saved me so much time and energy that I can't even believe how easy to use it is. Thank you so very much for this!

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a lot of 404 errors while trying to download digital versions of my games. Is this normal? More failures than successes right now.

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a lot of 404 errors while trying to download digital versions of my games. Is this normal? More failures than successes right now.

Right after my last post I noticed this too. Attempts are failing however, this is the first time for me. I've been using this for a couple of days now.

Report your problem at the bottom of USBHelper under "other" then "Bug Tracker"

Last edited by ronopotomus,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This issue probably came from Nintendo's servers, maybe they were under maintenance or something.
In any case I don't think it was directly linked to the app but keep me posted if this happens again.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 Congratulations for this awesome application. Would you mind if I ask you to give the possibility of setting parameters for proxy connection (IP, port, username, password)? Type is HTTP. It may be useful also for who would like to use VPN or something like this.
Thanks in advance.
You don't need to configure the app to use a VPN. If set up properly, your traffic will automatically be rerouted and your ip address hidden

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to configure the app to use a VPN. If set up properly, your traffic will automatically be rerouted and your ip address hidden
Please clarify.

I believe you mean that an app does not need any special configuration in order to use a VPN link, provided the VPN's route is set as default, as it normally would be. As written, your statement could be understood as "You don't need to use a VPN with my app, because if my software is set up properly, your address will be hidden anyway."

VPN aside, I suppose a proxy configuration might by helpful to people with multiple ISPs.

Reactions: pressplay

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Please clarify.

I believe you mean that an app does not need any special configuration in order to use a VPN link, provided the VPN's route is set as default, as it normally would be. As written, your statement could be understood as "You don't need to use a VPN with my app, because if my software is set up properly, your address will be hidden anyway."

VPN aside, I suppose a proxy configuration might by helpful to people with multiple ISPs.
No I meant that setting up a VPN is the only thing one has to do. I have never said that the app will hide your ip address

Reactions: nexusmtz

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
This is a minor complaint, but any reason this looks so "pixelly" when running in Bootcamp on a Retina MacBook Pro? Quite a lot of apps are the same

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a minor complaint, but any reason this looks so "pixelly" when running in Bootcamp on a Retina MacBook Pro? Quite a lot of apps are the same
Any chance you're running Windows 10 on your high-resolution screen? If so, Windows has probably automatically selected a scaling factor greater than 100%.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Any chance you're running Windows 10 on your high-resolution screen? If so, Windows has probably automatically selected a scaling factor greater than 100%.

Yes, Windows 10 on a Retina MacBook Pro. Thing is, my desktop icon text, etc, looks great - any way to apply that look to apps that look pixelly?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Windows 10 on a Retina MacBook Pro. Thing is, my desktop icon text, etc, looks great - any way to apply that look to apps that look pixelly?
First you should confirm that the problem is being caused by scaling. Go into display properties and make note of what your scaling is set to. You have to keep in mind that the game icons are just going to be stretched from the 100% size, even if the 100% size was a scaled-down version of a higher-res screen shot.

Second, yes, apps can be written to specifically react to different scaling factors by providing higher-resolution assets. That's probably not a priority for the developer though.

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The next release will enable you to resize the banner ;)

Thanks for making this change.
Question: Will those of us that have already donated get a PM with a Donor Key?

...and to those that have not yet donated, please do.
This app must take a ton of work to keep up to date and is well worth it!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for making this change.
Question: Will those of us that have already donated get a PM with a Donor Key?

...and to those that have not yet donated, please do.
This app must take a ton of work to keep up to date and is well worth it!
Yes, of course!
Just send an email to the address specified here http://registration.wiiuusbhelper.com/donation.php and I will send you your Donator Key :)

popal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was wondering if you can add some kind of option that lets you ignore the limit of number of times the software automatically attempts to "Retry Download"?? Can be helpful for people who have bad internet connections when they want to have a large queue and be away from the pc...
Also is there a chance you could at some point add the feature of being able to move titles up and down the download queue list??[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your message, your suggestions will be taken into account.

Can you add this? Because I also have a bad slow connection and it disconnects every while
Thanks,

pressplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

@Hikari06 I agree with nexusmtz: proxy configuration could be very handy for different purpouses, not just VPN. Would you mind if I kindly ask you to consider adding this feature in the next release, if it is possible? Thanks in advance

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 I agree with nexusmtz: proxy configuration could be very handy for different purpouses, not just VPN. Would you mind if I kindly ask you to consider adding this feature in the next release, if it is possible? Thanks in advance
Yeah I'll try to add that option in the next release then.

I was wondering if you can add some kind of option that lets you ignore the limit of number of times the software automatically attempts to "Retry Download"?? Can be helpful for people who have bad internet connections when they want to have a large queue and be away from the pc...
Also is there a chance you could at some point add the feature of being able to move titles up and down the download queue list??
I will increase the max attempts to 100, it should be more than enough.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would prefere a protable version. Where every setting is saved into the program dir.
Istead of AppData dir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM