Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megagamercr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved !! thank you so much!! You were right, the special characters were causing the problems!! thanks !! :)

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I started it asked me for an update and...

CANNOT START APPLICATION
Application can not be started. Contact the application vendor.

:hateit:

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Windows 7 here, it seems the app now supports Windows 10 and DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE ON Windows 7! :(

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, How does it work for alot of VC content (like NES/SNES) isn't available through the usb helper app? Is it because 'that site' doesn't contain info to locate the files, or something else? Found alot of great stuff, but just curious why alot of old games don't seem to exist or be retrievable this way. Still though, thanks for all the great work on this!

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It WORKED! If anybody has this problem UNINSTALL Wii U USB Helper and run the SETUP.exe again on ADMINISTRATOR! it worked for me and a friend.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I 've using the program since the beta stage, never had a problem (Win7 x64). Just a couple of bad downloads, maybe

I think a great feature could be a filter by type (SNES VC, NES VC, WiiU Games, etc). It is possible?

Last edited by Patodox,

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Windows security problem, it seems that running the installer with adm mode makes it to work again.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
er what??? I already said it was working fine for me in reply to the guy that said it did not work in Windows 7
Sorry, I replied to the wrong person :blush:

Windows 7 here, it seems the app now supports Windows 10 and DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE ON Windows 7! :(
As I replied above (to the wrong post), make sure .NET 4.5 is installed

Reactions: AmandaRose

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... this is called the Wii U USB Helper. But... I only see options to install / move to SD.

I'm used to using WUP installer to install my games to my external drive (SD is too small,) -- that said, should these games from Wii U USB Helper be formatted or converted for this?

If so, what tool has slipped my nose?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... this is called the Wii U USB Helper. But... I only see options to install / move to SD.

I'm used to using WUP installer to install my games to my external drive (SD is too small,) -- that said, should these games from Wii U USB Helper be formatted or converted for this?

If so, what tool has slipped my nose?
You download them with wii u usb helper
Put on sd card
Then put sd card in wii u
Use wup installer to install to hard drive

Reactions: thorasgar

xtremegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small feature request I think users would like: how about once files are copied to the sd card using the copy to sd card, in the "ok" dialog ask if the user wants those automatically installed (in the order it copied them in). If so, just check it, and press ok, and it'll write the info the homebrew app needs to a file and then when the sd card is inserted and the app is launched it'll read it and install those as a batch operation. Would be very useful, and I think it's a bright idea nonetheless

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small feature request I think users would like: how about once files are copied to the sd card using the copy to sd card, in the "ok" dialog ask if the user wants those automatically installed (in the order it copied them in). If so, just check it, and press ok, and it'll write the info the homebrew app needs to a file and then when the sd card is inserted and the app is launched it'll read it and install those as a batch operation. Would be very useful, and I think it's a bright idea nonetheless

What difference does it make what order they are installed in a batch operation?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is for the computer. An app for the wii u like wup installer would be the one that would need that feature. But why would it matter what oder you install them

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is for the computer. An app for the wii u like wup installer would be the one that would need that feature. But why would it matter what oder you install them
On top of that couldn't the app just read the time the file was written to the SD instead of messing around with another data file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there