[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Did you install it on your Wii U or on Cemu?

Wii U USB Helper can only download games that have been published on the eShop.

Did you install the seed as weel?

DaTank45 likes this.
  2. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Did you install the seed as weel?[/QUOTE]
    The seed from wii u usb helper? All I did was download and convert to cia, then I took the cia and copied it to my sd card then I installed it with fbi. Is that not correct? Also I should note that this only happened with a few of the games. I did the same process with other games and they work flawlessly!

Last edited by DaTank45, Mar 9, 2018
  3. justinwebb

justinwebb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2013
    United States
    Columbus, OH
    It’s on my Wii U

4. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Good to know, excellent information. Thank you for the reply!

Last edited by ca032769, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Senoue

Senoue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2011
    United States
    So I am having a bit of an issue. I have the smash dlc but it isn't being recognized in game after installation and using mocha.

6. Joyer7319

Joyer7319 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    New York
    The seed from wii u usb helper? All I did was download and convert to cia, then I took the cia and copied it to my sd card then I installed it with fbi. Is that not correct? Also I should note that this only happened with a few of the games. I did the same process with other games and they work flawlessly![/QUOTE]
    Turn on wifi if it's off. Open FBI. Go to titles. Choose the game throwing the arm 11 error. Click on "import seed". Exit FBI. Try the game. Betcha it works now!

DaTank45 likes this.
  7. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Turn on wifi if it's off. Open FBI. Go to titles. Choose the game throwing the arm 11 error. Click on "import seed". Exit FBI. Try the game. Betcha it works now![/QUOTE]
    ok will try this!

Edit : This worked! Amazing! thank you so much! I love this community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DaTank45, Mar 10, 2018
  8. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    I've run out of room on my Laptop.

If I move the files from my set download directory to an external HDD and keep my current laptop download directory, will Wii U USB Helper still show the games as downloaded, or does it read the download directory set, in my case C:\Wii U Games, and only show the files still in the directory as downloaded?

Edit: Ok, I did some experimenting and I see that if the files are moved out of the designated download directory they don't show as downloaded anymore.

Last edited by ca032769, Mar 10, 2018
  9. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Ok, so I download the selected files and the copied them to my SD using the COPY TO SD button.

Before I go any further, what is the SET EXTRACTION DIRECTORY for? I didn't see a reference to it in the tutorial video. Was I suppose to EXTRACT anything first before copying to SD?

Edit: Looks like the EXTRACT DIRECTORY is used to format files if using Loadiine?? Which we're not doing here so that's why it's not mentioned in the tutorial?

Last edited by ca032769, Mar 10, 2018
  10. Joyer7319

Joyer7319 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    New York
    ok will try this!

Edit : This worked! Amazing! thank you so much! I love this community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
    You are very welcome. Enjoy!

11. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    So I guess you have to start Mocha/CFW to play games you installed though e.g. WUP Installer? What happens if you try to start them without CFW enabled?

12. Joyer7319

Joyer7319 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    New York
    Depends on the game. WiiUUsb Helper shows you if CFW is required when you download. F you aren't on CFW the games requiring it don't work. Nothing bad happens.

Last edited by Joyer7319, Mar 12, 2018
    Xen0 likes this.
  13. ZekromGB1

ZekromGB1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    So i was about to download and use wii u usb helper, but meanwhile i heard that it forces you to mine coins is this true? i dont really like apps who fuck around with my pc is this thing really safe to use? is it possible to not let it mine coins:D? please dont hate on me i just barely got into cemu stuff so i would love if someone explain this nicely thank you.

14. Joyer7319

Joyer7319 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    United States
    New York
    As far as I know this software is clean and "forces" shit on the user. My PC has zero issues, and I use this program. A lot. However....I could be sadly mistaken.

15. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    It will ask you if you want to donate. You can select something on the line of yes, maybe later or I don't have money show me how. Something like that. If you click on the last one I believe you can KNOWINGLY have it mine, but it is up to the user and NEVER forces you.

16. Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Is there any way to download specific DLC? There only seems to be the option to download all of a game's DLC in one shot, not specific packages.

17. ZekromGB1

ZekromGB1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    ok thank you for answering i just thought that even if you say "maybe later" it stil somehow mines in the background:D nut if it doesnt than its ok

18. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    No the application does not mine unless it's told to do so.
    In fact the miner is only downloaded if the user has consented so there is no way the application can mine if the user has not agreed to it beforehand.

No that's not possible.

USB Helper can only look for games in one location at a time.

I'm not sure what tutorial you are referring to (The video on the main post? which is very old by the way ) but indeed the extraction directory can be used for loadiine or simply to access the files of a given title.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you install the dlc in the same location as the game (i.e nand or external storage)?
    Are the game and dlc of the same region?
    Did you forget to run Mocha once before launching the game? Doing so would disable the DLC and you would have to install it again.

Last edited by Hikari06, Mar 13, 2018
    ca032769 likes this.
  19. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Spent the last week on and off using this program, thank you very much HIkarI06!! Now I just have to mod my Wii U and install some of these.

I had this question earlier and for those interested. The Wii U titles, with only the latest update file available (not all if there were older ones offered) & not counting injects take up about 1.18TB. The 3DS titles (all of them) take up about 246GB. That's just downloaded and stored on a hard drive, not installed onto the Wii U or 3DS.

Seeing I have a regular Wii I'm not sure if I'll download the titles needing to be injected. I do have the ISO's, so knowing my OCD it might not be long before I get those setup as well. If I do I'll update the size those injected titles add to the overall HDD space needed.

DaTank45 likes this.
  20. DaTank45

DaTank45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2017
    United States
    Great Info thank you!

ca032769 likes this.