Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rechwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So recently I've been having problems with downloading games. I tried downloading TMS #FE and it keeps coming up with messages like Error: Downloading content failed, then it tries again 100 times but it fails and then aborts. I also tried MH3U and I got the same message.

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to backup USB Helper games FROM the Wii U that have already been installed with WUP installer?

Perhaps using FTP Everywhere? Would they be installable again in the future? I've deleted the original files from my PC but now wish to have backups without re-downloading.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi @Hikari06 ,

1st of all thank you for your great application, time and expertise!!! You have done such a great job with your app and still continue to improve it, thank you!!!

Now if I may make a request that perhaps has been already requested, the ability to download updates and DLC content from games that are not available in the eshop such as Lego Dimensions, Calls of duties, etc., but their updates and DLC are! Also, the "import games" function, how does it work? It would be great if you could import games in "USB format that are not available in the eshop, again such as the same 10-12 disc titles (call of duties, walking dead, etc).

I'm mainly interested in Lego Dimensions DLC (USA) USB format.

Thank you!
Warm regards

Last edited by Pepois,

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just a heads up, I have received a reply from Avira. They told me the file has been analyzed and deemed safe by their lab. It shouldn't be detected anymore so long as you have the latest virus definitions.

Terrific! tbh I sort of gave up on Avira (it started complaining about another harmless file, then I got fed up with it and got Kaspersky instead), but thanks for your help on whitelisting it. It'll help many others, I'm sure!

Now, on to feedback, I got some demos there to test, and USB Helper crashes when I try to emulation-prepare the Triforce Heroes demo. I assume the other two converted nicely, the Smash demo crashed in Citra but that's probably because of the emulator, and Puzzle & Dragons ran (albeit very broken). Finally, a question... Looks like the software already ships with the required emulators. Where can I find them?

Otherwise, this tool is pretty well made, I'm surprised. Nice work!

Rechwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So recently I've been having problems with downloading games. I tried downloading TMS #FE and it keeps coming up with messages like Error: Downloading content failed, then it tries again 100 times but it fails and then aborts. I also tried MH3U and I got the same message.

Here's an image of the error that pops up.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 161

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Here's an image of the error that pops up.
Try deleteting the download and starting over.
You may have had a corrupted download.

Terrific! tbh I sort of gave up on Avira (it started complaining about another harmless file, then I got fed up with it and got Kaspersky instead), but thanks for your help on whitelisting it. It'll help many others, I'm sure!

Now, on to feedback, I got some demos there to test, and USB Helper crashes when I try to emulation-prepare the Triforce Heroes demo. I assume the other two converted nicely, the Smash demo crashed in Citra but that's probably because of the emulator, and Puzzle & Dragons ran (albeit very broken). Finally, a question... Looks like the software already ships with the required emulators. Where can I find them?

Otherwise, this tool is pretty well made, I'm surprised. Nice work!

Thanks, I'll investigate the problem with the demo. The emulators are fetched when required and stored in DATA/EMULATORS
Hi @Hikari06 ,

1st of all thank you for your great application, time and expertise!!! You have done such a great job with your app and still continue to improve it, thank you!!!

Now if I may make a request that perhaps has been already requested, the ability to download updates and DLC content from games that are not available in the eshop such as Lego Dimensions, Calls of duties, etc., but their updates and DLC are! Also, the "import games" function, how does it work? It would be great if you could import games in "USB format that are not available in the eshop, again such as the same 10-12 disc titles (call of duties, walking dead, etc).

I'm mainly interested in Lego Dimensions DLC (USA) USB format.

Thank you!
Warm regards

v354 of the app finally added the ability to download updates or dlc for disc only games :)
As for the import feature it's quite old and doesn't work vey well. It will only allow you to import raw content. I do plan to improve it in future updates though.

Is it possible to backup USB Helper games FROM the Wii U that have already been installed with WUP installer?

Perhaps using FTP Everywhere? Would they be installable again in the future? I've deleted the original files from my PC but now wish to have backups without re-downloading.

Although technically possible it would take quite a while to download the files with FTP Everywhere. You may be better off redownoading the files from USB Helper.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have a lodiine game in sd... i can transform this to install in a usb with this application... is possible...??? In other applications they give problems... :(

thanks...

darkkitten24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be doing something wrong, I downloaded a 3ds game with an update and dlc , it allows me to play the game in citra, but it doesn't apply the dlc or the update.. is there a setting or something Im missing?

Edit: DLC and Updates work for Wii-U games..

Rathmasterx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to fix this issue? I can't make it so the text is readable and even at full screen it shows ....... I have tried changing my display text and my desktop size.
upload_2017-9-2_12-5-34.png

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded 4 games today but I can't find them in the games folder. I can see other games that I downloaded before but not this ones I downloaded today. I move them manually to the sd card because it doesn't work from the tool.

Last edited by Kladde,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I downloaded 4 games today but I can't find them in the games folder. I can see other games that I downloaded before but not this ones I downloaded today. I move them manually to the sd card because it doesn't work from the tool.
Do the games appear as Downloaded in the app?
Have you tried the Copy To Sd feature?

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do the games appear as Downloaded in the app?
Have you tried the Copy To Sd feature?
Yes they appears in the app. I tried to download another game now but it doesn't appear in folder either. I can't use the copy to sd feature because I getting error messages. It never worked for me. I send you the error message some months ago but there where no solution.

Benku84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hy Guys,
I get an error when i start WiiU Usb Helper. It says:
System.Net.Web.Exeption: The remotserver get an error back: (403) illegal (Dont know if its correct what i have write, because i get the error in german and have to translate it)
When i click ok, it close immediately.
I Hope anyone can help.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 167

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes they appears in the app. I tried to download another game now but it doesn't appear in folder either. I can't use the copy to sd feature because I getting error messages. It never worked for me. I send you the error message some months ago but there where no solution.
Well most likely you are downloading CFW titles, in that case they are in the directory named 'ESHOP'.
Hy Guys,
I get an error when i start WiiU Usb Helper. It says:
System.Net.Web.Exeption: The remotserver get an error back: (403) illegal (Dont know if its correct what i have write, because i get the error in german and have to translate it)
When i click ok, it close immediately.
I Hope anyone can help.
Looks like your antivirus and/or firewall is preventing the app from fetching the data. Try adding it to the whitelist.

Benku84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is/was whitelisted in my AV and the firewall. And when i deactivat both, i get the same error.

BTW: It is fetching the key for 3ds/wiiu. the error comes when the window with "now loading... (The first launch might take some time)" appiers (and this is not the first time i star it, i use it a long time).
I test it on my laptop and PC and on both comes the error.

Last edited by Benku84,

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well most likely you are downloading CFW titles, in that case they are in the directory named 'ESHOP'.

Looks like your antivirus and/or firewall is preventing the app from fetching the data. Try adding it to the whitelist.
No I don't download cfw games. For example wind waker and twilight princess and Mario party 10.
I know how to use this app and which game to download.
So this apo has stopped to work for me.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It is/was whitelisted in my AV and the firewall. And when i deactivat both, i get the same error.

BTW: It is fetching the key for 3ds/wiiu. the error comes when the window with "now loading... (The first launch might take some time)" appiers (and this is not the first time i star it, i use it a long time).
I test it on my laptop and PC and on both comes the error.
Are you able to open wiiuusbhelper.com in your Web browser?
No I don't download cfw games. For example wind waker and twilight princess and Mario party 10.
I know how to use this app and which game to download.
So this apo has stopped to work for me.
If the application marks the games as Downloaded it means the files are there. Make sure you are actually looking in the location where the application stores its data, you may be looking in a an old location.

Last edited by Hikari06,

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you able to open wiiuusbhelper.com in your Web browser?

If the application marks the games as Downloaded it means the files are there. Make sure you are actually looking in the location where the application stores its data, you may be looking in a an old location.
Wrong location? Where can I find "new" location? I even searched the whole hard drive. The games are not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol