[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. jimmydabosh

jimmydabosh Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    Middleboro, Massachusetts
    Hi all. I´m just now discovering Wii U USB Helper and I want to use it on my PC which is running Ubuntu 16.04. I try to open the .exe in Wine and it hangs on 0% loading screen every time. I Have Nintendo completely blocked on my router, could this be why it is hanging? It needs to connect to Nintendo´s servers to get info, content etc? If this is the case, the solution would be to reset my router to remove the block to Nintendo´s servers, make sure DNS is blocked to avoid updates and then try again?

Any help offered appreciated, any info needed let me know, thanks!!

2. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Hello,
    Having Nintendo's servers blocked will indeed be a problem but not during installation. (You could easily bypass this problem by modifying your host file).
    Most likely the reason the installer hangs is because you are using the Mono Runtime which is not compatible with the application.
    I recommend that you try using the .NET Framework through Wine instead. I've had some people tell me it works but the application is mostly intended to run on Windows so you might experience issues.

Last edited by Hikari06, Aug 10, 2017
  3. jimmydabosh

jimmydabosh Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    Middleboro, Massachusetts
    Hikari06, thanks for the reply, for some reason my Wine configuration will not install .NET 3.0 and keeps telling me Mono is not found when I have it installed. I´ve tried doing it with winetricks and followed a tutorial on here on how to get it working in Playonlinux with no success. I have most of the games worth playing on my HDD now anyway so maybe I´ll just skip Wii U USB Helper until I get a windows machine again.

One more question and then I´ll be out of hair:

Iḿ playing US games using Mocha on a US machine, I have found a few games out there I wanna play but the format is EUR, can Mocha play EUR games? I´ve seen the words rednand and sysnand dotted around but Iḿ unsure what that means. Again, thanks for taking the time!

Hikari06 likes this.
  4. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Yes Mocha can run out-of-region titles.

On a side note, this might sound quite extreme but you can always run USB Helper on a virtual machine.

Last edited by Hikari06, Aug 10, 2017
    jimmydabosh likes this.
  5. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    is anyone else having issues with 3ds games right now. im getting "Error TMD not found" and then it just keeps attempting download.

6. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Seems to be working fine on my end. Can you tell me the title and region of one of the games you are having trouble downloading?

7. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    anything USA region

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nevermind some how my firewall got turned back on

8. nintendofan86

nintendofan86 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Wheres metroid fusion(usa) and metroid zero mission?

9. IgnoreMyName

IgnoreMyName Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Bay Area, CA
    I want to download Pokemon Omega Ruby but it's not listed under the USA region. It is however listed when Europe is selected as a region. Do I need to do something to my 3ds to enable it to play games from all regions before installing this particular EUR version or can I install right off the bat?

10. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    These are available in the application, I've just checked.
    Make sure "CFW" is checked and please also check your filters to make sure you haven't hidden vrtual console titles.

Yeah you can install it without anything else, it's just an oversight I'll change the region to ALL, sorry :)

11. nintendofan86

nintendofan86 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States

12. WiiFoundLove

WiiFoundLove GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Hm. Why does Zombie U appears twice in the list?

13. kid sampson

kid sampson GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    Do new DLC or updates appear in the What's New lists upon startup? If not, how does everyone manage those to ensure they have the latest files installed? Through the eShop?

14. gbatempaccount

gbatempaccount Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    United States
    Since this program utilizes nintendo servers does it cost nintendo money by the GB to actually download stuff using it?

15. IgnoreMyName

IgnoreMyName Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Bay Area, CA
    It's fixed, thank you!

One more thing though. I downloaded a bunch of games and made sure to tick "Pack to CIA" in the download manager. However, I did download several games without ticking the option so have a bunch of unpacked, non-CIA games. When I select them and manually select the "Pack to CIA" option in the right-click menu, I get an unhandled exception. How do I pack those games into a CIA?

16. Djordje

Djordje Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi!I will be factory reseting my pc,so is there any way that I can save my unlocked cups in mario kart 8?Thank you!(like saving it to usb or something..)

Послато са Nexus 5 уз помоћ Тапатока

17. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    New updates will be shown upon start if the game is "Ready for emulation" or "Installed".

I don't know that depends on their agreement with the content provider.

If you play with CEMU you can backup DATA/EMULATORS/BIN/CEMU/mlc01/usr/save

18. kid sampson

kid sampson GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    @Hikari06 Thanks for the confirmation. I guess that means not deleting the downloads. I wish there was some way to manually mark an existing collection or follow certain games for updates.

19. natanqb

natanqb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Im having problems with pokken, i downloaded it and when i try to install it always fails, is anyone having this problem?

20. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    You have to remove the special characters in name. Or you can use the copy to sd function and it'll do it for you

Last edited by jbuck1975, Aug 14, 2017