Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Awesome. Thanks.

Did telerik update the UI dlls? I haven't looked into it but if your VS was updated then the dlls may have been swapped and then included with one of your updated builds. That's just a guess but it's very possible.

You didn't change anything and I didn't change anything but clearly something changed.

I'll look forward to the UI updates as they come.

Thanks again for your help.
Yeah indeed the only change was an update to the latest revision of telerik. It could indeed be the cause of the problem...
@lukands @SuperSayianGod
upload_2017-5-25_10-19-41.png

Reactions: franchy and mofukr

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you like just Read between the lines or What? I never said the Creator Infected his Program with a Virus. I said I find it strange that it's worked all this time without any Issues but now it's getting RED FLAGGED as Virus. My concern is Should I be okay with using the program now since I never had a Problem before. Nortons NEVER SHOWED IT HAD A VIRUS BEFORE SO WHY NOW.

Virus definitions are updated all the time and due to the way heuristic analysis works and changes in code bases due to updates, the AV software in question (Norton 360, Norton Antivirus, Norton Security (all still referred to collectively as Norton Antivirus)) may have picked up on something it doesn't like and flagged it. This is the reason why it never picked it up previously.

Instead of getting wound up and angry, look into heuristic analysis and learn how updates for software change the code base of existing applications.

On a side note, get rid of Norton and swap it for something that actually works. I never understood why people still use Norton. Garbage application

Reactions: franchy

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah indeed the only change was an update to the latest revision of telerik. It could indeed be the cause of the problem...

Okay, well at least we have a likely answer as to what changed.

If nothing else, it inspired you to make some headache reducing changes to the way the UI layout works. :)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Okay, well at least we have a likely answer as to what changed.

If nothing else, it inspired you to make some headache reducing changes to the way the UI layout works. :)
Yeah I've gotta admit Winforms realllllly becomes painful when the layout gets too complex :/
I've just published a new update by the way and rearranged the download manager tab. Lemme know if it helps.

Reactions: mofukr

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've gotta admit Winforms realllllly becomes painful when the layout gets too complex :/
I've just published a new update by the way and rearranged the download manager tab. Lemme know if it helps.

Okay, will do. I'll be able to check in a couple hours and I'll get back to you.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding back to bed only the usa ticket is available at the moment.

I'm not super knowledgeable about Gateway3ds but I believe one would have to convert the .cia to .3ds first, which I believe is quite tricky but again I don't know much about the 3ds so correct me if I'm mistaken.
Hello again, i was using iosu, but now that i can not play back to bed on my console (eu), i need to change my region.
What are my options can someone guide me on what i can do? Like changing game region or changing my cfw ? Which is better for me?

Thanks

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lukands @SuperSayianGod
View attachment 88039

Thanks for the Update but like a Said in my 2nd to comment I Fixed the Problem for now by Exmpting the program from being scanned so Nortons Security don't remove it anymore. I'll have to wait for the next Live Update to past before the whitelisting thing will apply Automatically since I don't know and Can't Find what version 22.xx of NS I'm running. All i know is it's 2017 Nortons Security for Windows and it don't have a Version number to look up to apply the Rapid Release Whitelisting myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Virus definitions are updated all the time and due to the way heuristic analysis works and changes in code bases due to updates, the AV software in question (Norton 360, Norton Antivirus, Norton Security (all still referred to collectively as Norton Antivirus)) may have picked up on something it doesn't like and flagged it. This is the reason why it never picked it up previously.

Instead of getting wound up and angry, look into heuristic analysis and learn how updates for software change the code base of existing applications.

On a side note, get rid of Norton and swap it for something that actually works. I never understood why people still use Norton. Garbage application

Thanks for you Input but it was not Needed. Okay I'll tell you what I'll Cancel my Subscription to Nortons , Remove it from my System if you Pay to have Something Better Installed after reading this post otherwise NO. I've used Norton Products for over 15yrs in all my PC's and it's all I trust and this Issue was the only one I've ever had with Nortons but if you believe there is anything better that has ALL IN 1 Protection including Randsonware please feel free to enlighten me on it and I'll think about changing software once my yearly Subscription is Up. I don't pay 79.99 to get a digital code that works of 5 other Devices for nothing.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, nice aggressive tone!

You asked why it was working before but not know so i felt it necessary to answer your question. I know now that was wrong of me and I amVERY sorry for trying to help you. It won't happen again. BELIEVE ME.

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for you Input but it was not Needed. Okay I'll tell you what I'll Cancel my Subscription to Nortons , Remove it from my System if you Pay to have Something Better Installed after reading this post otherwise NO. I've used Norton Products for over 15yrs in all my PC's and it's all I trust and this Issue was the only one I've ever had with Nortons but if you believe there is anything better that has ALL IN 1 Protection including Randsonware please feel free to enlighten me on it and I'll think about changing software once my yearly Subscription is Up. I don't pay 79.99 to get a digital code that works of 5 other Devices for nothing.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice aggressive tone!

You asked why it was working before but not know so i felt it necessary to answer your question. I know now that was wrong of me and I amVERY sorry for trying to help you. It won't happen again. BELIEVE ME.

nothing you said Helped answer the question with a Solution to the Problem. You Just Restate what was already Implied. So your Comment was not needed to begin with then adding the Side Note just Pissed me off further. Well still waiting on the Enlightenment for a Better Program then Nortons and you can send funds to Paypal if you think the Hundreds of Thousands of People Using Nortons Everyday should just do what you say. You might not have liked using Nortons product but not everyone is you.

And to you Franchy I would have a few choice word for you but they would get me Banned so I just end the Topic with keep you mouth shut and remarks to yourself before I Say what I was about to you sob piece of :shit:.

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi
why my speed limit to 500-600 KB ?
when i download by IDM my speed is 2MB
how to download with your program on 2MB speed ?
thanks

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....Norton... 15 years.... Trust...

You don't come off as the friendliest person so I'm not sure why I'm still compelled to help you but Norton/Symantec products have (generally) not been very good for at least the past 15 years.

In the DOS days, Norton Utilities was an incredible package of tools. Post 1998, they have only had a few notable products worth much and none of them have been in the consumer end of the market, only enterprise.

ESET Smart Security would provide a comparable feature set without the bloat and lackluster performance. Kaspersky also produces a good product, in general. F-Prot has always had a fairly reliable track record as an antivirus.

At one point, Symantec was caught installing malware (rootkits) as part of their installation process which made it damn near impossible to cleanly remove from systems which you would want to do as soon as you tested it because the overhead it produced would drag your PC to a crawl.

You will do as you please, I'm certain but I am offering you sound advice based on over 30 years of computer experience with more than 20 of those years in a professional capacity.

Some personal advice, which I also fully expect you to ignore, is that you should treat others as you want to be treated and consider the good advice and information that those around you so graciously provide.

Best luck.

Much improved! It looks much better. The only thing I'd point out is that at the bottom of the download manager, where the actions are listed, the first block of actions is still cut off and half of the button to the far right is also cut off. Basically, the area directly following the sentence, "Action to perform..." is still too wide.
It doesn't really change usability for me though but I thought you'd appreciate the info.

Good work! Thank you! :D

One other thing I forgot to mention...
If you refresh while items are on the download list, they disappear but the titles remain in the queue.

Last edited by mofukr,

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't come off as the friendliest person so I'm not sure why I'm still compelled to help you but Norton/Symantec products have (generally) not been very good for at least the past 15 years.

In the DOS days, Norton Utilities was an incredible package of tools. Post 1998, they have only had a few notable products worth much and none of them have been in the consumer end of the market, only enterprise.

ESET Smart Security would provide a comparable feature set without the bloat and lackluster performance. Kaspersky also produces a good product, in general. F-Prot has always had a fairly reliable track record as an antivirus.

At one point, Symantec was caught installing malware (rootkits) as part of their installation process which made it damn near impossible to cleanly remove from systems which you would want to do as soon as you tested it because the overhead it produced would drag your PC to a crawl.

You will do as you please, I'm certain but I am offering you sound advice based on over 30 years of computer experience with more than 20 of those years in a professional capacity.

Some personal advice, which I also fully expect you to ignore, is that you should treat others as you want to be treated and consider the good advice and information that those around you so graciously provide.

Best luck.

Much improved! It looks much better. The only thing I'd point out is that at the bottom of the download manager, where the actions are listed, the first block of actions is still cut off and half of the button to the far right is also cut off. Basically, the area directly following the sentence, "Action to perform..." is still too wide.
It doesn't really change usability for me though but I thought you'd appreciate the info.

Good work! Thank you! :D

One other thing I forgot to mention...
If you refresh while items are on the download list, they disappear but the titles remain in the queue.

Well thanks for the Information and Yes I'm not the Friendliest Person when people like the One's above you who give Bad Advise expect me do what they said and not ask question but Believe them without any Proof to there Claim. I give Respect when I'm Respected so it goes in both Directions. If I've never had a Problem with Nortons before Popper Up with a Threat to a Program that I've had installed awhile over Three months and People out of nowhere tell me it's Safe but Norton's Shows it's not anymore What would you think and how would you react to all the BS and none Related Comments Regarding a Topic meant for Help and not peoples Opinions and it's an Opinion when I'm begin told to Remove My PC Protection without question. What would you believe the Security Program in front of you RED FLAGGING the Updater.exe file or Someone you don't even know half way around the World telling you it's safe? But long story short I went into settings and Exempted-ed it from Begin Scanned again so it don't get Removed anymore.

Anyways to move on and you said you have over 30yrs of Computer Experience What could you tell me about a Program called Bitdefender. I've been looking into that for awhile but don't know anyone who has it to tell me if it's worth buying once my current Subscription to Nortons Security 2017 in up in 230days.

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could you tell me about a Program called Bitdefender. I've been looking into that for awhile but don't know anyone who has it to tell me if it's worth buying once my current Subscription to Nortons Security 2017 in up in 230days.

BitDefender is another one of the top rated AVs. I would say that is probably a good choice but I haven't personally used it in many years.
Based on independent testing over the past few years, it looks like ESET, KasperSky, and BitDefender would all be good choices.

In those tests, Norton performs abysmally in terms of performance impact and false positives.
System performance is so effected that Norton is off the bottom of the scales.
ESET, BitDefender are on the other end of the scale with the least false positives and the least impact on system performance. Kaspersky tends to do well too. Avira also specs out like a champ but after being burned by them some years ago, I just won't even consider them, the same goes for Panda (avoid).

Hope that helps. Try submitting some executables that are from independent developers or smaller companies and you know are clean to virustotal.com and look at the false positives that show up on the scan lists

Remember that all of those false positives would mean deleted files.
False positives are almost as important as catching the real positives and along with system impact, those are what I deem the most important measurements of an AV.

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use BitDefender and when it comes to performance and impact on your system, it's top notch. There's no slowing down. If it detects a "virus" whether it's from something you're trying to download from your browser, a usb device you just plugged in, a compressed file you're trying to extract ...It will detect it very fast (and is going to delete it) BUT gives you the chance to actually "Recover the file" or "Delete it completely" or "Allow it and Monitor it"

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Hikari06 btw, thanks for implementing the features I've requested :D (notifications on new updates for games & separating 3ds and wiiu lists for new additions)

One thing I noticed though, it only tells me what system the update/new game is for if there are multiple (like one update/new game from each console). Was that intentional?

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BitDefender is another one of the top rated AVs. I would say that is probably a good choice but I haven't personally used it in many years.
Based on independent testing over the past few years, it looks like ESET, KasperSky, and BitDefender would all be good choices.

In those tests, Norton performs abysmally in terms of performance impact and false positives.
System performance is so effected that Norton is off the bottom of the scales.
ESET, BitDefender are on the other end of the scale with the least false positives and the least impact on system performance. Kaspersky tends to do well too. Avira also specs out like a champ but after being burned by them some years ago, I just won't even consider them, the same goes for Panda (avoid).

Hope that helps. Try submitting some executables that are from independent developers or smaller companies and you know are clean to virustotal.com and look at the false positives that show up on the scan lists

Remember that all of those false positives would mean deleted files.
False positives are almost as important as catching the real positives and along with system impact, those are what I deem the most important measurements of an AV.

Okay thanks. I can't Just Delete Nortons from my system @ the moment because That would Require money to buy a New Program I don't have money for right now after Just Re-Subscribing to Nortons 82 days ago. But when the Subscription is Up how would i go about Removing all the Hidden Files Nortons installs without Removing Important one's my System needs to Run. What files should I look for still in my PC once Nortons is Removed that stay in the System after Removal.

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. I can't Just Delete Nortons from my system @ the moment because That would Require money to buy a New Program I don't have money for right now after Just Re-Subscribing to Nortons 82 days ago. But when the Subscription is Up how would i go about Removing all the Hidden Files Nortons installs without Removing Important one's my System needs to Run. What files should I look for still in my PC once Nortons is Removed that stay in the System after Removal.

ESET makes an anti-virus remover that you can download for free from their website.
They make it for exactly that reason. When you're ready to remove it, just download the program and run it. It's pretty self explanatory from there.
Don't bother getting it until you're ready to remove Norton since program updates will likely change the methods required to remove it effectively but ESET will keep the remover up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: