Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you

Update: so i put prboom on the root of all 3 app folders and im still getting this message, does it want me to put the psp files in the pwad folders?
Uh oh, I wrote in the wrong systems thread... I'm watching the 3DS and Wii threads of prboom3DS and WiiDoom, I mixed them up, sorry for that. Did you get the ready to use files from the first post or from the github repository? If you download the zip files from the mediafire servers you should be set up. Just copy over the WiiDoom folder from the apps dir in the zip to your SD cards apps folder. All necessary files are included in that zip.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vor6dkzblmp1jl2/WIIDOOM.zip/file

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's how you start up Doom:
Put your doom.wad into the IWAD folder on your SD:\apps\WiiDoom folder. Start up ChocolateDoom from the Homebrew Browser. On the black screen go into IWAD folder by selecting and pressing A on the controller. Select the doom.wad file and press A again. You'll get information about the file on the bottom about the file. Pressing + on the controller will start it. That's how I use it.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how you start up Doom:
Put your doom.wad into the IWAD folder on your SD:\apps\WiiDoom folder. Start up ChocolateDoom from the Homebrew Browser. On the black screen go into IWAD folder by selecting and pressing A on the controller. Select the doom.wad file and press A again. You'll get information about the file on the bottom about the file. Pressing + on the controller will start it. That's how I use it.
thx, i actually found out the problem, my channel forwarders need updating, but now i have a new problem, all but heretic wont respond to my inputs (im using a snes classic controller)

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thx, i actually found out the problem, my channel forwarders need updating, but now i have a new problem, all but heretic wont respond to my inputs (im using a snes classic controller)
I always used my Wii Classic Controller Pro to play this stuff. Just tried it out with the SNES Classic Controller. It works, but it needs the Home button for bringing up the menu and the analog sticks for movement. So the SNES Classic Controller is not really functional to play. I started the games with the Classic Controller Pro, after starting plugged out the Pro, switched to the SNES Classic Controller but you can't move due to lack of the analog sticks. D-Pad is used for map etc. So you have to use the Wii Classic Controller (or Pro) if you own one. Maybe nitr8 could add support for those because WiiDoom already can be played with the SNES Classic Controller (just tested and it can be started and played).

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully he can, my issue is that the main menu wont come up when pressing the select button

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I always used my Wii Classic Controller Pro to play this stuff. Just tried it out with the SNES Classic Controller. It works, but it needs the Home button for bringing up the menu and the analog sticks for movement. So the SNES Classic Controller is not really functional to play. I started the games with the Classic Controller Pro, after starting plugged out the Pro, switched to the SNES Classic Controller but you can't move due to lack of the analog sticks. D-Pad is used for map etc. So you have to use the Wii Classic Controller (or Pro) if you own one. Maybe nitr8 could add support for those because WiiDoom already can be played with the SNES Classic Controller (just tested and it can be started and played).
wait, they use the home button to bring up the menu now?!

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use mine (tho there are no anims, or sounds for heretic, strife, or hexen, tho u can add some through customizemii which is what i used to make em) lemme know if u want em

Last edited by DarthBellic,

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use mine (tho there are no anims, or sounds for heretic, strife, or hexen, tho u can add some through customizemii which is what i used to make em) lemme know if u want em

Yes I would love to see what you have! I currently have a DooM forwarder, but I'm not satisfied with it, as the DooM logo is cropped. I'm also interested in customizemii...which I'm about to go research in 3, 2, 1....

Yes I would love to see what you have! I currently have a DooM forwarder, but I'm not satisfied with it, as the DooM logo is cropped. I'm also interested in customizemii...which I'm about to go research in 3, 2, 1....

Oh man, I just read that disclaimer and got very discouraged. I love my modded Wii too much to see it bricked. All these months of modding (since February) would go bye bye.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh man, I just read that disclaimer and got very discouraged. I love my modded Wii too much to see it bricked. All these months of modding (since February) would go bye bye.
disclaimer?

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disclaimer?

Yes there's a disclaimer about editing WAD files (specifically the banner) on the CustomizeMii WiiBrew page.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/CustomizeMii

"Disclaimer
Editing WAD files can result in bricking of your Wii console.

Only use this application if you have a bricksafe Wii, meaning either Preloader or BootMii/boot2 is installed, and if you know what you're doing. Editing of the banner can easily cause a banner brick (causes the system menu to crash after the health screen) if you are not careful (although this program should fix any issues with that) which is only fixable but easily so if you have access to Homebrew Channel or BootMii from the launch of your Wii.

This application comes without any express or implied warranty. The author can't be held responsible for any damages arising from the use of it."

.....but if you've successfully edited a WAD file and used it, then it must be ok. Maybe they're trying to warn of the risk, but as long as you know what you're doing, it's fine. I personally just want to edit the DooM channel icon, and not the banner itself. Looks like CustomizeMii is a PC based program anyway, but I have a MAC. :glare:

Reactions: DarthBellic

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there's a disclaimer about editing WAD files (specifically the banner) on the CustomizeMii WiiBrew page.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/CustomizeMii

"Disclaimer
Editing WAD files can result in bricking of your Wii console.

Only use this application if you have a bricksafe Wii, meaning either Preloader or BootMii/boot2 is installed, and if you know what you're doing. Editing of the banner can easily cause a banner brick (causes the system menu to crash after the health screen) if you are not careful (although this program should fix any issues with that) which is only fixable but easily so if you have access to Homebrew Channel or BootMii from the launch of your Wii.

This application comes without any express or implied warranty. The author can't be held responsible for any damages arising from the use of it."

.....but if you've successfully edited a WAD file and used it, then it must be ok. Maybe they're trying to warn of the risk, but as long as you know what you're doing, it's fine. I personally just want to edit the DooM channel icon, and not the banner itself. Looks like CustomizeMii is a PC based program anyway, but I have a MAC. :glare:
yeah dw man, ive tested them, and they work for me, here ill post them (they are static, as anims are out of my skillset, and heretic, hexen, and strife have no audio, tho anyone is free to edit these and repost as they see fit)
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WNmMuLSbTx-7bICzbtSgtCtjEJAcUXGD?usp=sharing

Last edited by DarthBellic,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by CaptainHIT,

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you. I think these are the ones I'm currently using. If so, they're better than nothing, but I'm not satisfied with them because the icon in the system menu crops the DooM logo. It looks more like "3oo/\" instead of "DooM" I'll check it out tonight.

yeah dw man, ive tested them, and they work for me, here ill post them (they are static, as anims are out of my skillset, and heretic, hexen, and strife have no audio, tho anyone is free to edit these and repost as they see fit)
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WNmMuLSbTx-7bICzbtSgtCtjEJAcUXGD?usp=sharing

Awesome! I'll try these out tonight. Thank you!

Last edited by JoKoKilla,

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I think these are the ones I'm currently using. If so, they're better than nothing, but I'm not satisfied with them because the icon in the system menu crops the DooM logo. It looks more like "3oo/\" instead of "DooM" I'll check it out tonight.

Awesome! I'll try these out tonight. Thank you!
lemme know if they work for ya

JoKoKilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lemme know if they work for ya

OK so I tried those forwarders, and they work for the most part, but there was a malfunction. I discovered when I navigate the channels by way of the left/right banner arrows, I get the following message, after 3-4 channels pass...

image.png

Happens no matter what channel I begin with. As long as your channels are installed on the system, you'll get this prompt. When your channels are removed, the problem is solved. lol. Otherwise your forwarders work fine, they load their banner, the Wii-DooM app, and play the game. It's also nice they take up a lot less space than the original forwarders. They look pretty good too, and I definitely prefer their aesthetic over the originals. Thanks!

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I tried those forwarders, and they work for the most part, but there was a malfunction. I discovered when I navigate the channels by way of the left/right banner arrows, I get the following message, after 3-4 channels pass...

View attachment 229274

Happens no matter what channel I begin with. As long as your channels are installed on the system, you'll get this prompt. When your channels are removed, the problem is solved. lol. Otherwise your forwarders work fine, they load their banner, the Wii-DooM app, and play the game. It's also nice they take up a lot less space than the original forwarders. They look pretty good too, and I definitely prefer their aesthetic over the originals. Thanks!
do u have any other custom channels installed? when i do this on my heavily modded wii (even before i started making custom channels) i would get this error when doing that exact same thing

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, from what i can tell this seems to be a glitch that can happen if you have enough custom channels. Nothing i can do to fix it sadly, id just avoid scrolling through channels with the plus and minus buttons

Reactions: JoKoKilla

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thank you

Update: so i put prboom on the root of all 3 app folders and im still getting this message, does it want me to put the psp files in the pwad folders?

You need the specific PSPDOOM.WAD that came with this specific release.

! DON'T USE THE RESOURCE PWAD FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES !
! It's always BEST to replace ALL the files if there's an updated release !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality