1. StanMarsh

StanMarsh Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    https://www.doomworld.com/forum/top...ack-aka-maximum-doom-the-way-kid-did-updated/

I've spent the past few days testing the BIG Vanilla Wad Pack - AKA "Maximum Doom The Way Kid Did" - UPDATED! pack against Wii-DOOM and about 60% seem to work. This pack is an easier way of finding vanilla wads than attempting to scour lists yourself. There's a lot of gaming content in these wads!

i suspect most of those which don't work are because, in reality, they're not vanilla. Annoyingly, Batman Doom doesn't work. The sprites are all invisible. Memento Mori doesn't work either. It's the Doom 2 stuff which has the worst problems.

Doom Zero also works:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-zero/downloads

Last edited by StanMarsh, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:21 PM
  2. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    Interesting, i didn't knew about the existence of these.

Does it? It worked beautifully for me up to 1.2 Final, which i thought was going to be the last one. I am going to download that update to see what's up.

Last edited by niuus, Jul 1, 2020 at 1:56 AM
  3. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    Using 1.4 now. If you're talking about the wall right at the start, you're supposed to shoot the switch to open it. :D

I got stuck later on on the same level, a hidden switch is supposed to let a platform go down, and open another wall, but nothing happens.

EDIT: found this comment:

Last edited by niuus, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:10 AM
    StanMarsh likes this.
  4. StanMarsh

StanMarsh Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Use d64d2.deh

Freedoom in Doom also works.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/freedoom-in-doom/downloads/freedoom-in-doom-v0113-full-version

Last edited by StanMarsh, Jul 1, 2020 at 11:37 AM
  5. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    StanMarsh likes this.
  6. JoKoKilla

JoKoKilla Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is anyone using a channel forwarder for their Wii DooM? There seems to be one forwarder out there (which zooms too far into the DooM logo), and I'm wondering if anyone had seen other cleaner forwarders. Otherwise I'm thinking of learning how to edit forwarders...

7. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    In my experience, you would be better learning the tools of the trade. Most forwarders are from way too many years ago, many links died in megaupload and rapidshare, and a large bunch is outdated (for USB paths, for example. Many only do SD).

8. JoKoKilla

JoKoKilla Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's good to know. What ARE the tools of the trade? Are there any known guides which can aid me? I would love to learn and make new channel forwarders for DooM, Heretic, and Hexen.

9. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    I've arrived late to this party, only recently started doing channels for the Wii U, but not forwarders yet. You'd have to Google your way out, what i know is that there were many guides over the years, so you would have to consolidate and 'modernize' that info. Many of those search results end up pointing to GBATemp, so maybe one of those threads still has semi-active people.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], *PROPER*, HERETIC