[RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by nitr8, Nov 19, 2014.

1. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I can't answer this question for sure at this moment. The fact is that i haven't been able to fix the bug in the past. The bluetooth module works that's for sure as the Wiimote i'm using definitely DOES connect to the NDEV as soon as it's synced but using libOGC then in the end, it tries to connect upon booting but error's out with code 17 03 where 17 00 should be. As long as this is not being resolved, there may never be any Bluetooth support.

The strange thing is that with this error, the Wiimote seems to be connected to the NDEV but ALL of the 4 LED's are offline and from what i can see by the debug logs, there seems to be a connection because as soon as you hit a button, there is a reply upon pressing / releasing. MAYBE this is a buffer related thing / structure packing related thing - i simply don't know. In theory it should have been working because the code is STOCK (original). But whatever release i use of libBTE / libwiiuse... i ALWAYS get the same result in the end.

...and not to forget: WinterMute regrets giving ANY kind of support. I almost tried at the devkitpro forums: NO RESPONSE. That's not the way how you should deal with people using your stuff.

EDIT:

As it turns out, OGG playback seems to be working without stuttering after enabling a long introduced feature that i had already implemented back in 2015 but didn't enable at the time because the original code was working for the Wii but that method didn't on the NDEV.

I just enabled the usage of SDL's memory Read/Write operations and this seems to be working.
    The original feature was once implemented into the NightDiveStudio's Strife: VE port.

It looks like setting the screen bits per pixel to 32 makes the OGG music stutter again. 8bpp and 16bpp do not stutter whereas 16bpp are normally used for this port.

Time to get some beer...

Last edited by nitr8, May 12, 2019
  2. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    BIG, GREAT, OUTSTANDING NEWS:
    ---------------------------------

WIIMOTE WORKING!!!

It turned out, structure packing / alignment was NOT working the way it should for the MetroWerks C-Compiler.

NOW IT DOES!!!

So it looks like if you compile using GCC and do "__attribute__((packed))" then alignment will fit. But it doesn't work this way for the MWCC. You MUST do

#pragma pack(push, *)
    ... (THE STRUCT BEING PACKED)
    #pragma pack(pop)

Corresponding code now has been added to the structs of libOGC, libBTE and libwiiuse.

Finally i can continue looking into the game itself, instead of just staring at library code like i did the last few weeks.

Last edited by nitr8, May 16, 2019
  3. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    That's absolutely amazing, congratulations!

nitr8 likes this.
  4. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Let's see if the last change that i made to WiiDOOM does compile...

There have been lots of changes & additions after R33 but i never released anything after that anymore.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention 1 thing: let's see if it's possible to run these ELF's through the HBC...
    This would require some kind of a HBC-MOD on my side for further investigation.
    Last step before anything else...

Last edited by nitr8, May 16, 2019
  5. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    Fingers crossed. :)

6. Sethtimus Prime

Sethtimus Prime Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2012
    United States
    This is awesome!

7. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
  8. CaptainHIT

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    What? Only intro works? ;)

9. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    It's a WIP.
    Currently NO SOUND, NO CONTROLS.

I'm trying to get controls to work first...

CaptainHIT likes this.
  10. CaptainHIT

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    Please no offense, It was just sarcasm. I see you got some great stuff going on in there. ;)
    Keep up the good work!