1. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    I'm currently struggling around with libbte (Bluetooth) and libwiiuse (wireless pad) as I can't get the pad to work once the test app booted. I get a different ACK report from the WiiUse library (17 03 on NDEV) while it should be 17 00 (regular Wii).

So I thought this might be related to the IOS I had booting on the NDEV: IOS56 but on the Wii I use IOS58. I then loaded the APPLOADER.IMG from a game that comes with IOS58 (had to extract the game from the disc to get the file) into the NDEV and installed the IOS58 WAD from the NUS. So I finally can use IOS58 now as the HBC usually uses this as well. But the main problem persists.

This needs more investigation... Sorry.

Btw: this means you can actually use ANY APPLOADER.IMG (ANY IOS) from ANY Wii game out there to boot the NDEV (...as long as you have the related IOS WAD installed to the device (which btw. is tricky to do)).

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    So, this currently is the end of the line.

The NDEV broke. No chance of getting it to work. It doesn't boot anymore. I don't get to see anything on the screen - even no debug output on the serial port.

The only idea would be trying to dump the nand. But what would I need for that?

Any help would be really appreciated now....

Oh and btw: it's a Hynix HY27UF084G2M

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. Gunstorm

Gunstorm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    is possible create an forward on wiiu to it to be able to use the gamepad as joystick like they did on nintendont, wiisxr and wii64?

4. DaturaInoxia

DaturaInoxia Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Great work!
    All games works fine for me, excepts Hexen - i do all the same with other 3 games (and they work fine) but with Hexen when i select hexen.wad and press start i get black screen only and wii u dont react to wiimote or power button on front of the console, so i need to unplug the ac cable.
    What can i do with it?

5. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Can confirm, did not worked for me (Hexen 1.0/1.1)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    Noooo! I'm really sad to hear about this. :(

7. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Will the project continue like it was before? A recompiling with libogc 1.8.15 or upwards would auto benefit every Wii U Pro Controller user out there.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  8. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Further things happening...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    XDel and Tarmfot like this.
  9. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    YOu get that dev kit repaired? How much does work like that run?

10. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really don't understand how anyone goes through all the trouble to port low-def games on a Wii without including low-def progressive scan output (240p, et al). Must be a millennial thing. The Wii is the one and only emulation console built for this purpose. The original Doom ran @ 320x200. Unsurprisingly, it also happens to look it's best at it's native resolution. And by golly, the Wii outputs Doom's 200p like a champ.

11. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    The Wii does nicely support 240p and it looks quite good from what I've seen, but most people writing this software are not using a display older than the Wii itself and are probably using a HDTV. It's far, far from desired or optimal but it's better than no port I suppose. At least WiiMC was modified to support 240p and a few existing emulators support it, and adding support for 240p is not particularly difficult.

LumInvader likes this.
  12. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whats the point if i cant have the cool features of Zandronum/(G)ZDoom like freelooking because of the Wiimote's incapabilities? I dont have a classic controller or a GC controller, let alone a Wii U to GC controller adapter as I am a proud Wii U Owner.:glare:

13. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Not really. I know WHY it broke. Shame on me...
    It could be get repaired. But for this the NAND would have to be reflashed with the binary i dumped before. I don't know anyone at my location who would be able to do this. I for myself won't do it. So i just got hold of a new device. *sigh*

14. XDel

United States
    Learning can be painful sometimes. Happy to hear that you couldn't just let it be.

15. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's all hypothetical at this point with the project on hold, but what we needed to do was send him to one of those 240p picture threads for brainwashing treatment me thinks. :wink:

16. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Regular

United States
    btw, what engine does this run on? I know it cant be Zandronum or ZDoom, but is it like Chocolate Doom or something?

17. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    *dito*

18. XDel

United States

On that note, and please pardon me if we discussed this in the past, but have you also looked into the Crispy DOOM code? It's essentially Chocolate DOOM but with a few added perks.

19. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Yeah I followed it on GitHub once when I was porting DOOM to the Wii.

20. nitr8

OP nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Quick News:

MetroTRK Debugger + NDEV running under GCC.
    I just made a test of a freshly compiled libOGC with some debugger additions and a simple main that causes a crash. Debugger sets in at the crash line, which is great. Stepping through the code then seems to work. Register addresses are accessible. Memory can be read. Setting breakpoints works. I also had to add some lines to the linker file to get it to work.

Next step: compiling WiiDOOM and test.
    Expect to hear something new very soon.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Tarmfot, rafaelsb, CaptainHIT and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], *PROPER*, HERETIC