Hacking [Release] Vita-Launcher App to launch games and apps

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeee I DID NOT mess with this setting, I do have a ton of patched games, Is their a discord you hangout on or anything? may be quicker communication if you want me to help figure it out *shrug*

EDIT: SOOOO I tried all 3 options, no dice, its only some games too is the annoying part lol All games seem to work with my shortcuts when launched via Hexflow,

Last edited by Modular511,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeee I DID NOT mess with this setting, I do have a ton of patched games, Is their a discord you hangout on or anything? may be quicker communication if you want me to help figure it out *shrug*

EDIT: SOOOO I tried all 3 options, no dice, its only some games too is the annoying part lol All games seem to work with my shortcuts when launched via Hexflow,
@Modular511 Last question. Did you move the ISO s to a different folder? And did you rescan the games after moving. The Vita-Launcher cache will still have the old location of the ISO if you don't rescan.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Modular511 Last question. Did you move the ISO s to a different folder? And did you rescan the games after moving. The Vita-Launcher cache will still have the old location of the ISO if you don't rescan.

I have 3x vita launchers, that I setup all same way/at same time, due to everything not working well/a lack of artwork, I just don't use yours for psp/vita games. I am also stumped cuz you tried the same version of one of the games that dont work for me, my iso is even same name iso as cdromance one -_-

nowhereman87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think this is not my situation. These are my image files, all opens and plays just fine throught VL>>RA.
View attachment 249895
View attachment 249900

Maybe it could be matter of being on ur0 partition ?? ... Meanwhile I'll use the multi-select and "hide game" options for those duplicates on the PSX category.

Ah, fine. I will test the new folders feature while trying a new setup for my "PC ports" category as you propose.

What you are considering is an interesting alternative and it will surely look very neat, something like a Live Area with more capacity and more versatile, However, I believe that the tabs row and the "a full screen space for each category" is a feature that makes this launcher stand out from the others and that allows to quickly navigate between different systems, something that I cannot imagine possible with another interface, so I would consider keeping the tabs row, even as an additional option.

Thanks for considering looking for the others improvements / fixes ! :yaypsp:

Hi! This launcher is great. I am having issues with the PSX category. I have tons of duplicates of the same games. Is there a way to just clear this category and start from scratch? Thanks!

Hi @cy33hc , I still have the issue of PS1 games coming from ISOS that are duplicated when doing a new scan, (I can confirm that they do not have ABM bubbles)
I figured that if the ISO is located in uX0, VL does not generate a duplicate access on a rescan, but if the ISOS are in ur0 or uma0 partitions duplicates items are generated with each new scan for the category ...
Is there a way to completely clean only that category without having to hide the games one by one nor delete the entire roms cache of the Launcher ?. Thank you very much for all the new additions, greetings!

Last edited by nowhereman87,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @cy33hc , I still have the issue of PS1 games coming from ISOS that are duplicated when doing a new scan, (I can confirm that they do not have ABM bubbles)
I figured that if the ISO is located in uX0, VL does not generate a duplicate access on a rescan, but if the ISOS are in ur0 or uma0 partitions duplicates items are generated with each new scan for the category ...
Is there a way to completely clean only that category without having to hide the games one by one nor delete the entire roms cache of the Launcher ?. Thank you very much for all the new additions, greetings!
OK. I will try put games in ur0 or uma0 and check it out.

Reactions: nowhereman87

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason why the scanning is slow? If I add say one game to the psp folder, and do a scan, it's taking about 10 minutes to scan the folder again?
If you are just adding a single game, don't rescan. Use the action "Add new PSP ISO game" or "Add new EBOOT game". This allows you to browse the list of games and pick a single game to add.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are just adding a single game, don't rescan. Use the action "Add new PSP ISO game" or "Add new EBOOT game". This allows you to browse the list of games and pick a single game to add.
I wanted to do that but because I'm adding games from pkgj, the game titles are something like UCAS01335 etc, so it's difficult to know which is actually new and which isn't.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to do that but because I'm adding games from pkgj, the game titles are something like UCAS01335 etc, so it's difficult to know which is actually new and which isn't.
Rescan is longer because it kinds of rebuilds the database. Sorry, you'll have to choose 1 of the 2 evils :(

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release v3.5

https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v3.5

• Added option to delete cached FTP downloaded roms
  • Increase buffer size of config.ini values to 4k. The previous size of 256 only allowed about 25 games to be moved to the a particular category. Now you can move about 200 games.
  • Fixed issues where psx games are duplicated after rescan.

Pinballs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a fantastic app- thank you B-)

I added several hundred Vita games, but they aren't listed. How do I re-scan? I deleted the cache.db and re-opened the app but no change. The games are in folders with ID, so no problem there hopefully, so I think it's a re-scan issue? The option to re-scan is just missing from the settings...

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a fantastic app- thank you B-)

I added several hundred Vita games, but they aren't listed. How do I re-scan? I deleted the cache.db and re-opened the app but no change. The games are in folders with ID, so no problem there hopefully, so I think it's a re-scan issue? The option to re-scan is just missing from the settings...
You need to first use VitaShell to refresh livearea.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this launcher but any time I try to launch a PSP game or PS1 game, it crashes if I choose Adrenaline. I am on the latest version of both; any ideas?

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love this launcher but any time I try to launch a PSP game or PS1 game, it crashes if I choose Adrenaline. I am on the latest version of both; any ideas?
Did you install these additional VPKs.

https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/download/v3.5/AdrenalineLauncher.vpk
https://github.com/ONElua/AdrenalineBubbleManager/releases/download/6.16/AdrenalineBubbleManager.vpk (For this, after install you need to run it once to install a plugin)

Also here is my video to setup.

Reactions: Hammyface

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Merely installing that fixes this launcher?
What you are missing is the "Adernaline Bubble Booter" plugin. AdrenalineBubbleManager is the app that installs that plugin. So after installing ABM, you need to launch the app at least once, if plugin already exists it will skip the install. If it's not found ABM will install it and then reboot. After that you you can keep ABM installed, or uninstall it (uninstall of ABM will not remove the plugin).

Pinballs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you are missing is the "Adernaline Bubble Booter" plugin. AdrenalineBubbleManager is the app that installs that plugin. So after installing ABM, you need to launch the app at least once, if plugin already exists it will skip the install. If it's not found ABM will install it and then reboot. After that you you can keep ABM installed, or uninstall it (uninstall of ABM will not remove the plugin).
What he said B-)

Another tip which is hopefully useful. I converted >1,400 .bin files into PS1 format (i.e. folder and eboot.pdp) using PSX2PSP in batch mode. I learned that you have to select compression in settings (I used mode 3). If you don't and the conversion is uncompressed then PS1 games will NOT work. I wasted an overnight run in conversion time finding this out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: but that game barely runs at native 4k