Hacking [Release] Vita-Launcher App to launch games and apps

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have this issue with RetroArch. My PSP/PSX games launch just fine after installing the additional Adrenaline .vpk provided with the release. Roms just kick me back to the RetroArch menu (with the last used core loaded).
Are both of you are using the Retro daily builds where the core names ended with _vita.self or _piglet.self. The launcher expects the Stable build of RetroArch where the core names end with _libretro.self.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are both of you are using the Retro daily builds where the core names ended with _vita.self or _piglet.self. The launcher expects the Stable build of RetroArch where the core names end with _libretro.self.
Also, you might have older version of RetroArch that doesn't support booting games externally. Try update RetraArch latest version

Reactions: kid sampson

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, you might have older version of RetroArch that doesn't support booting games externally. Try update RetraArch latest version

Thank you! Updating to 1.9.0 seems to have fixed the issue. Had to do some searching since the Vita .vpks are not available on the official RetroArch site.

Prax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a difficult time building the PSX category. I've checked the folder for GAMEID prefixes and made sure that I have the same types listed in the config.ini but it stops at 35%. Is there any other reason for a freeze like this?

NelloTralice

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi this all looks great, congratulations! Unfortunately I am doing something wrong and I can not get the games I launch with retroarch to work, the vita, psp and psx games I have no problems launching them, I have been trying for two days, in practice, as shown in the video when I launch the title it does not launch me directly the game but only retroarch, where am I wrong? in some posts I read about adrenaline launcher, do you have to have it? unfortunately when I try to install it it gives me an error. Help me

Last edited by NelloTralice,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi this all looks great, congratulations! Unfortunately I am doing something wrong and I can not get the games I launch with retroarch to work, the vita, psp and psx games I have no problems launching them, I have been trying for two days, in practice, as shown in the video when I launch the title it does not launch me directly the game but only retroarch, where am I wrong? in some posts I read about adrenaline launcher, do you have to have it? unfortunately when I try to install it it gives me an error. Help me

You most probably have an older version of RetroArch. You need at least v1.91 since the feature to launch games externally was added from that version.

the_quails_are_gone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! This launcher is great. I am having issues with the PSX category. I have tons of duplicates of the same games. Is there a way to just clear this category and start from scratch? Thanks!

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! This launcher is great. I am having issues with the PSX category. I have tons of duplicates of the same games. Is there a way to just clear this category and start from scratch? Thanks!
I believe you have bubbles created for those PSX games with ABM. You can hide them by going to the "Global Settings" and add "PSPEMU" to the title ids to be hidden.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release v3.1
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v3.1

Add ability to play Retro Games from FTP Server (kind of). When you launch the game for the first time, the game is download to the ftp cache folder. At least it saves space by keeping the entire library of Retro games in the PC that is shared to the vita.
- New "Ftp" settings tab add to configure the IP/Port/username/password
- Can only scan for roms for Retro Games. Use the "ftp0:" prefix for roms_path in the Category settings. Don't try to config icon_path to ftp. It doesn't work.
Video tutorial for how to setup.

Reactions: nowhereman87

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release v3.3
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v3.3
  • Add support for PSP ISO/EBOOT with ftp server.
Instructions.
  1. On ftp server create a folder structure that is same as the pspemu folder on the vita. Put iso/cso into the ISO subfolder and all the eboot.pbp into the PSP/GAME subfolder.
    Example:
    C:\roms/pspemu/ISO <--- (put iso/cso into this folder)
    C:\roms/pspemu/PSP/GAME <--- (put eboots into this folder)
  2. Download the extract_eboot_iso_windows.exe
  3. Execute the following command to extract the param.sfo / icon0.png. The param.sfo and png is required for vita-launcher when scan for the roms.
    C:\extract_eboot_iso_windows.exe C:\roms\pspemu
  4. In the vita-launcher app, go to the "Global" settings tab and update the "Alternate Pspemu Path" with the ftp folder path prefixed with "ftp0:"
    Example: ftp0:roms/pspemu
  5. And then goto the "PSP/PSX" category and rescan for iso/eboot.
Here link to video tutorial

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release v3.3
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v3.3
  • Add support for PSP ISO/EBOOT with ftp server.
Instructions.
  1. On ftp server create a folder structure that is same as the pspemu folder on the vita. Put iso/cso into the ISO subfolder and all the eboot.pbp into the PSP/GAME subfolder.
    Example:
    C:\roms/pspemu/ISO <--- (put iso/cso into this folder)
    C:\roms/pspemu/PSP/GAME <--- (put eboots into this folder)
  2. Download the extract_eboot_iso_windows.exe
  3. Execute the following command to extract the param.sfo / icon0.png. The param.sfo and png is required for vita-launcher when scan for the roms.
    C:\extract_eboot_iso_windows.exe C:\roms\pspemu
  4. In the vita-launcher app, go to the "Global" settings tab and update the "Alternate Pspemu Path" with the ftp folder path prefixed with "ftp0:"
    Example: ftp0:roms/pspemu
  5. And then goto the "PSP/PSX" category and rescan for iso/eboot.
Here link to video tutorial

Thank you so much for all this and the help you give us incredible. Will you add more options on how to display games? I know hex-flow is a thing but it doesn’t offer the same support this does, I would love to see the 3D cover effect in the future if possible. Thanks!

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got an idea what would cause some of my psp games to not wanna launch with this?? Everything else works fine, just my psp games wont launch! (I Am making my games bubbles via adrenaline bubble manager, so they show up in launcher!) They used to work, VITA and all supported emulators are good, likely something I am doing wrong, thx for any assistance!

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone got an idea what would cause some of my psp games to not wanna launch with this?? Everything else works fine, just my psp games wont launch! (I Am making my games bubbles via adrenaline bubble manager, so they show up in launcher!) They used to work, VITA and all supported emulators are good, likely something I am doing wrong, thx for any assistance!
Do you have games in sub folders under ux0: pspemu/ISO? I think bubble booter doesn't work with games in sub folders.

Last edited by cy33hc,

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have games in sub folders under ux0: pspemu/ISO? I think bubble booter doesn't work with games in sub folders.
It worked for awhile and then stopped, I have no issues with hexflow, So just figured id ask lol I do use a psp category plugin, so maybe? (ie games in folders like CAT_PSP Games,CAT_Playstation etc)

EDIT:Its only some games that do this, wild arms xf launches, as does lumines, but monster hunter portable 3rd wont lol

Last edited by Modular511,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It worked for awhile and then stopped, I have no issues with hexflow, So just figured id ask lol I do use a psp category plugin, so maybe? (ie games in folders like CAT_PSP Games,CAT_Playstation etc)

EDIT:Its only some games that do this, wild arms xf launches, as does lumines, but monster hunter portable 3rd wont lol
Can you try a different driver like np9660 or m33.

Reactions: Modular511

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Make sure you smack my booty daddy +1