Hacking [Release] Vita-Launcher App to launch games and apps

nowhereman87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have "CUE" and also "BIN" files? Maybe just include "CUE" extension and remove "BIN". I believe it's add 2 entries for 1 game. Workaround in v2.6, you can use "multi select" and then hide games that you.

I think this is not my situation. These are my image files, all opens and plays just fine throught VL>>RA.
2021-03-04-041249.jpg
2021-03-04-055812.jpg

Maybe it could be matter of being on ur0 partition ?? ... Meanwhile I'll use the multi-select and "hide game" options for those duplicates on the PSX category.

Sorry, we can't freely create categories because how the app was designed. That is why I add folders feature so you can create some kind of grouping. Consider under the "Homebrews" category, to create a folder called "PC Ports" instead of using the "Ports" category.
Ah, fine. I will test the new folders feature while trying a new setup for my "PC ports" category as you propose.
I am considering removing the "Tabs" for game category. Instead, categories will display very similar like folders and you can even give the category an icon :)

What you are considering is an interesting alternative and it will surely look very neat, something like a Live Area with more capacity and more versatile, However, I believe that the tabs row and the "a full screen space for each category" is a feature that makes this launcher stand out from the others and that allows to quickly navigate between different systems, something that I cannot imagine possible with another interface, so I would consider keeping the tabs row, even as an additional option.

Thanks for considering looking for the others improvements / fixes ! :yaypsp:

Last edited by nowhereman87,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release v2.7
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v2.7

• Display Categories as folders instead of Tabs. This is now the default for Categories.
    • Added new settings called "Category Icon" under "Category Settings". This can be changed to a custom icon.
    • The "O" button is used to navigates back to a previous folder or category
    • Add option called "Show Categories as Tabs" under "Global Settings" to restore old functionally if you prefer.
  • - Fix some bugs related to the new "Folders" feature introduced previous release.
111927793-2d3e6980-8a6f-11eb-99cb-6b1809bcb5fa.jpg

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Release v2.7
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/tag/v2.7

• Display Categories as folders instead of Tabs. This is now the default for Categories.
    • Added new settings called "Category Icon" under "Category Settings". This can be changed to a custom icon.
    • The "O" button is used to navigates back to a previous folder or category
    • Add option called "Show Categories as Tabs" under "Global Settings" to restore old functionally if you prefer.
  • - Fix some bugs related to the new "Folders" feature introduced previous release.
111927793-2d3e6980-8a6f-11eb-99cb-6b1809bcb5fa.jpg

first of amazing work as always.

but i found a bug were if you enter a category which you dont have any of those games. it crashes

Last edited by Flame,

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
thanks for all the hard work & the amazing app however i don't like the new update much so will revert back to 2.6 plus it crashed & forced vita to shutdown when i tried to change scroll type !

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for all the hard work & the amazing app however i don't like the new update much so will revert back to 2.6 plus it crashed & forced vita to shutdown when i tried to change scroll type !
You don't like the categories as folders feature. There is option to switch back to Tabs. As for the crash, I'm not able to reproduce. But I'll keep trying.

Reactions: satel

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't like the categories as folders feature. There is option to switch back to Tabs. As for the crash, I'm not able to reproduce. But I'll keep trying.
@satel I was able to reproduce, but this bug already existed in v2.6. I have a fix and will be released soon.

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

i tried it & i thought the old style suits me best but it's great to have as a 2nd option for those who like it,it's just a personal taste.

also thanks for looking into the crash issue & hope to see the fix release for it sooooon :)

Reactions: MKKhanzo and cy33hc

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PSX and PSP games aren't launching for me. I press X and it opens up a settings window (pretty neat btw), but after launching, it goes back to livearea as if I had pressed the home button.

It works fine for Vita games though. Do I need to have their bubbles installed?

Also, swapping X/O isn't working properly.

Thanks for developing this.

Last edited by horokeusama,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PSX and PSP games aren't launching for me. I press X and it opens up a settings window (pretty neat btw), but after launching, it goes back to livearea as if I had pressed the home button.

It works fine for Vita games though. Do I need to have their bubbles installed?

Also, swapping X/O isn't working properly.

Thanks for developing this.
You need to installed both these apps. For ABM, install the correct version that matches your Adrenaline version. Start ABM once to install the Adernaline Booter Plugin, after it is not needed.

https://github.com/ONElua/AdrenalineBubbleManager/releases
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/download/v2.8/AdrenalineLauncher.vpk

It seems I have broken the swap X/O feature in latest update. I'll fix that

Last edited by cy33hc,

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to installed both these apps. For ABM, install the correct version that matches your Adrenaline version. Start ABM once to install the Adernaline Booter Plugin, after it is not needed.

https://github.com/ONElua/AdrenalineBubbleManager/releases
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher/releases/download/v2.8/AdrenalineLauncher.vpk

It seems I have broken the swap X/O feature in latest update. I'll fix that

Oh sorry, I knew I was the one doing something wrong lol
Since the release says it removes the limit of bubbles on the livearea, I thought it was about not having to create them altogether. Gonna test it again later. Thanks for replying.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sorry, I knew I was the one doing something wrong lol
Since the release says it removes the limit of bubbles on the livearea, I thought it was about not having to create them altogether. Gonna test it again later. Thanks for replying.
That is correct. You don't need to create the PSP bubbles. You just need to install the Bubble Booter plugin from ABM.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is correct. You don't need to create the PSP bubbles. You just need to install the Bubble Booter plugin from ABM.

In all seriousness, I just don't know if I'm doing something wrong, so I'm kinda hesitant to bother you with this, but I've updated both Adrenaline and ABM and PS one games appear but when I try to launch them, I just go back to the livearea.

Nevermind. Had to update a lot of stuff and now it is working. Thanks!!

Reactions: cy33hc

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In all seriousness, I just don't know if I'm doing something wrong, so I'm kinda hesitant to bother you with this, but I've updated both Adrenaline and ABM and PS one games appear but when I try to launch them, I just go back to the livearea.

Nevermind. Had to update a lot of stuff and now it is working. Thanks!!
Glad you got it working. If you don't mind, can you explain what you missed so that others reading the thread can learn if they have similar problem.

oRAZY

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
first of all. Thank you so much for your great launcher application. Been using it for weeks already. Super satisfied with the launcher.
Sadly there seems to be an upper limit of moving applications to another tab.
To my understanding it seems that "moving" titles to another tab adds a new entry in the config after "title_prefix"
The problem seems to be the way of implementation. After I've added a number of applications, (doesn't matter if one at a time, or multiple at once)
The launcher crashes while trying to move the selected applications.
A look into the config reveals the successfully moved applications after the "title_prefix" but the last application is cut off.
Turning "title_prefix:SMLA00001,...,ABCD12345" into "title_prefix:SMLA00001,...,ABCDE123"
Also the whole entry is in one line. Maybe an upper limit is reached, explaining the cut off. Maybe listing the entries in multiple lines solves this... I tried splitting it up into multiple lines. But the launcher only looks in one line.
The second is ignored. Maybe I should have put another title_prefix in the second line. Didn't try that yet. I'm on the go, so can't test now.

My workaround so far is editing the entries to shorten the line.

Example:
title_prefix:...,ABCD12345,ABCD12346,ABCDE12347,...
Into
title_prefix:...,ABCD1234,...

Or

title_prefix:...,GTA300000,GTACTW000,GTAVC0000,...
Into
title_prefix:...,GTA,...

The result of this is that I'm able to move all the applications I want. Downside is that you could get applications mixed up with the same prefixes.

I hope I managed to get a good explanation of what I'm experiencing.

Thank you so much for your work :)

One more thing:

With the tabs view it hides empty tabs.

I really like the new view with all the tabs as folders/categories. Big fan of it :) ;)

Sadly it shows all, even empty folders/categories with no way to hide the empty ones.

tldr
Best launcher I have used so far. :)
Launcher crashes while moving applications to another tab.
folders/categories view doesn't hide empty categories. No option to hide.

Last edited by oRAZY,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)