zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blahdc said:
pcmantinker said:
Preloader .29 works with 4.2. Just get the latest hacks from wiibrew for your region.

Should I follow the 4.0 guide here on installing the preloader?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135174

I have not installed it yet.....

I believe you need to use the modified JODI preloader. I cannot comment on it too much as I do not use it.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darklocust said:
Nice job! Did you code all of this? Does this stub IOS60?

No, I didn't do it all
smile.gif
It was mainly already in place with tona's work, and the person that did add the extras got the idea/information from me and my original offline guide. I did all of the compiling and testing to make sure it was on target with what I had already done with the guide....and of course that it wasn't going to brick anyone
smile.gif
This does NOT stub IOS60.

exodia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aw man,

My wii was moded and I had HBC installed, without updating HBC first, I use the safe firmware updater and when it was finished it loaded back into HBC then i existed HBC the it went to the channels window and no HBC channel was there.

What do I do now????

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
exodia said:
Aw man,

My wii was moded and I had HBC installed, without updating HBC first, I use the safe firmware updater and when it was finished it loaded back into HBC then i existed HBC the it went to the channels window and no HBC channel was there.

What do I do now????
Reinstall HBC.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exodia said:
Aw man,

What do I do now????

I mentioned this earlier. Not a big deal at all....relax
smile.gif

V4.2 of Nintendo's system menu blocked out the old version of the HBC. You need to simply install the new one (v1.05) with the NEW bannerbomb (v2):

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

exodia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok THANKS

Just did it and everything is good now, installed back HBC and bootmii as IOS.

Just a quick question before I did the update I had preloader v0.29 installed and i use to get to it by holding down the rest button when powering in but also after the upgrade it was not there.

Does preloader work with the new v4.2u? I heard some people say preloader was not necessary but I kinda like the felling of having a extra backup.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to consult with the preloader JODI thread, or simply wait for somebody to update preloader now that the source is available. I keep getting preloader questions....but I am not at all a fan of it....even if it does provide *some* kind of protection
smile.gif
Don't like things that write to my system menu without an integrated uninstall function, and definitely don't like hacks initialization files being written to my nand
smile.gif

Maybe a preloader guy can answer your question on that one.

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exodia said:
Thanks again for your fast and helpful words. Now that I've read your post I agree with you, so I wont install the preloader.

Check the recent release of StartPatch v4.2U (providing you are on a USA console). It will add all of those good hacks (block disc updates..etc) and they are completely reversible (uninstallable) if you wish
smile.gif

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exodia said:
Ok THANKS

Just a quick question before I did the update I had preloader v0.29 installed and i use to get to it by holding down the rest button when powering in but also after the upgrade it was not there.

Does preloader work with the new v4.2u? I heard some people say preloader was not necessary but I kinda like the felling of having a extra backup.
well, this updater installs the actual system menu 4.2
so naturally that will uninstall preloader as it is the equivalent as installing the system menu wad via wad manager

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
bytor said:
Just wondering if this update kills the region thingummybob for Wiikey users..? I know the official one does and the Waninkoko one does. Am quite happily on 4.1 so far but like to be up to date in terms of firmware updates.
smile.gif

No update (from my experience) has ever "killed" my Wiikey but somewhat, limits it. GC games should work but I would get a "An error has occured, please eject blah blah..." message on some games. If you are on 4.2, trucha sign IOS70 and you should be right. Like wise, trucha sign IOS60 for 4.0/4.1.

QUOTE(Nugg2396 @ Oct 7 2009, 11:45 AM) Wait... I'm on 3.2, does that mean if I update to 4.2 nothing bad will happen? Because last time I updated to 4.1, Some of my backups couldnt play, even with backup loader..

It really depends what you use for your back up. Do you use a loader that runs under DVDx, IOS249/222/223?? Modchip?? Considering you have HBC 1.0.5 and all necessary cIOSes installed before this update, yes. You should be fine.
smile.gif

I'm only saying should cause I haven't used this.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
exodia said:
Ok THANKS

definitely preloader will not be present in your wii since you install a new system menu. it is the method of uninstalling preloader. check for other threads here which discuss preloader 0.3...i think...not really sure though since i am still at 4.1 and preloader 0.29...and if i am not mistaken there is already hacks.ini for 4.2...again i could not confirm this info though.
smile.gif

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
.and if i am not mistaken there is already hacks.ini for 4.2...again i could not confirm this info though.
smile.gif

There is, but unfortunately many of those hacks just do not work in v4.2. Luckily we had someone with a gecko to track down the correct v4.2 hacks for StartPatch
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol booty patrol Ken your being bent over for suspected turd burglary