Homebrew [Release] UWPStreamer - NTR Streaming with Input Redirection for Xbox One, Windows 10, Hololens

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as NTR screen streaming stuff is usually not supported with O3DS, I'm guessing this is only for N3DS?
Just wanna be sure. (and yes, I read the description, but I didn't notice a clear answer)

toolboc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, it does work on my Windows 10 PC but not on XBox One.

Says it is unable to connect to NTR Debugger

Check your settings and make sure the ip address on your 3DS is correct. The same exact code runs on both platforms so if it works on one, it should work on the other.

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Check your settings and make sure the ip address on your 3DS is correct. The same exact code runs on both platforms so if it works on one, it should work on the other.

I just tried again and now it is working.

Don´t know what was wrong there before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw. some small feature requests.

1) Would be cool so see fps in the app (maybe as an option to toggle it on/off)
2) On Xbox One I cannot remove the bottom bar (with the [...]). It´s even visible when I select fullscreen.
3) There is quiet a big black frame around the image (If I just display the upper 3DS image). This might be an overscan issue as my TV is set to display the complete image.

toolboc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried again and now it is working.

Don´t know what was wrong there before.

Btw. some small feature requests.

1) Would be cool so see fps in the app (maybe as an option to toggle it on/off)

Happy to incorporate if it comes through in a PR

2) On Xbox One I cannot remove the bottom bar (with the [...]). It´s even visible when I select fullscreen.

Per the instructions in the original post, press RT on the controller to disable the settings menu.

Consider that programmatically this is a chicken /egg problem. The controls need to be able to select the menu while also providing input to the game. To solve this, I allowed the user to control whether the menu is enabled with the RT trigger or mouse right-click. This also allows for a bit more screen real-estate.

Hiding of the menu with RT is also mentioned in the app's Help Menu, GitHub Readme, and in TCPixel's Review of UWPStreamer

I am not sure why this confuses so many people. That said, I am open to suggestions for improvement here, but it kind of is what it is given the explanation above.

3) There is quiet a big black frame around the image (If I just display the upper 3DS image). This might be an overscan issue as my TV is set to display the complete image.

This has to do with the resolution of the screen of the 3DS itself. If the image took over the whole screen then gameplay area would be cutoff. As-is, you get maximum size without affecting gameplay area.

Last edited by toolboc,

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to be annoying and repeat my question, but can anyone help me out with keyboard input redirection? I'm trying to write a little "bot" of sorts with AutoHotkey, and while I was able to get it working with kitkat, it seems to only accept inputs while it's the active window. I'm hoping UWPStreamer might properly respond to my script that's designed to work when the window is inactive. But right now I can't even figure out how to configure or use keyboard controls at all with UWPStreamer.

toolboc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be annoying and repeat my question, but can anyone help me out with keyboard input redirection? I'm trying to write a little "bot" of sorts with AutoHotkey, and while I was able to get it working with kitkat, it seems to only accept inputs while it's the active window. I'm hoping UWPStreamer might properly respond to my script that's designed to work when the window is inactive. But right now I can't even figure out how to configure or use keyboard controls at all with UWPStreamer.

Support would need to be added, currently UWPStreamer only supports controller input over XInput. The code is mostly there in NTRInputRedirectoin.cs
Would be happy to accept a PR for this.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Support would need to be added, currently UWPStreamer only supports controller input over XInput. The code is mostly there in NTRInputRedirectoin.cs
Would be happy to accept a PR for this.
Oh okay, I read this on the repo...
  • Input Redirection - Control N3DS with Xbox Gamepad, Keyboard, and other input devices

...so that was what caused my confusion, but I guess it was meant rather to mean that the potential is there rather than it already being functional. I can probably just figure out a workaround using a gamepad though, thanks for steering me in the right direction.

toolboc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh okay, I read this on the repo...

...so that was what caused my confusion, but I guess it was meant rather to mean that the potential is there rather than it already being functional. I can probably just figure out a workaround using a gamepad though, thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Apologies, I actually assumed that keyboard support was functional when I wrote the comment. Testing has of course proved otherwise.

i-dont-always-test-my-code-but-when-i-do-i-test-in-production-thumb.jpg

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No worries, thanks a lot for your work on this program, I've found it fantastic so far. I'll update if I manage to get my "bot" working with it.

The Gonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any special steps to use this with Pokémon Sun & Moon?

It works perfectly until I load the game then it stops streaming until I go back to the home screen. I figure it needs the NFC patch but I thought I'd ask first in case I missed something.

Spawn420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Per the instructions in the original post, press RT on the controller to disable the settings menu.

Consider that programmatically this is a chicken /egg problem. The controls need to be able to select the menu while also providing input to the game. To solve this, I allowed the user to control whether the menu is enabled with the RT trigger or mouse right-click. This also allows for a bit more screen real-estate.

Open to suggestions for improvement here.
Is there anyway you can switch this to the bumpers so you can use the triggers in game on the Xbox one? Using the bumpers in game makes holding the controller as awkward as holding the 3ds. And setting the input direct on/off and hiding the settings bar put on the bumpers make way more sense to me. If they were set to bumpers you would still have quick access to those settings but they would be on bumpers so they would be easier to avoid hitting bye accident. Btw. Tested on Xbox one. And it works flawlessly. All it needs is bumpers switched to triggers and this program would be pretty much perfected

toolboc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway you can switch this to the bumpers so you can use the triggers in game on the Xbox one? Using the bumpers in game makes holding the controller as awkward as holding the 3ds. And setting the input direct on/off and hiding the settings bar put on the bumpers make way more sense to me. If they were set to bumpers you would still have quick access to those settings but they would be on bumpers so they would be easier to avoid hitting bye accident. Btw. Tested on Xbox one. And it works flawlessly. All it needs is bumpers switched to triggers and this program would be pretty much perfected

Great suggestion, happy to switch to bumpers if we can reach a consensus around your suggestion from other users.

Are there any special steps to use this with Pokémon Sun & Moon?

It works perfectly until I load the game then it stops streaming until I go back to the home screen. I figure it needs the NFC patch but I thought I'd ask first in case I missed something.

This is because the game disables the wifi, blocking any sort of streaming / communication to / from the device.

However, I saw this on Reddit:

What I did is turn on bootNTR, connect my 3ds, open Pokemon Sun, then on the file select screen, press home and wait for the internet to connect on the top left, then press X+Y and turn debug on. Go back into Sun and it SHOULD work.

Also the the SuMo Hack NTR plugin should be able to turn on the wifi in-game to allow for streaming.

Last edited by toolboc,

Spawn420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems 100 % reasonable. Apreciate it. If anyone sees this please test it with Mario kart 7 and see if you have issues drifting regularly with bumper controls using the Xbox controller.

Spawn420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, I actually assumed that keyboard support was functional when I wrote the comment. Testing has of course proved otherwise.

i-dont-always-test-my-code-but-when-i-do-i-test-in-production-thumb.jpg
Lmao. Nice. Well it seems a lot of the users of this program are on pc :(. any way you could test this and see if it feels better to you personally using triggers instead? Have a hunch this isnt gonna branch to enough people(although it deserves it) for you to get good feedback on the idea. I'm telling everybody and there momma about this program. Hopefully that helps some. Lol. Sorry for my lack of patients. just really antsy to have the comfort of the holding the controller with the 3ds. And being on the Xbox one means no possibly of any editing on my side. Maybe a option to switch between the two controller schemes so people already used to the current controls can still have it as default and then option two for people that want the triggers. Don't expect you to do all that coding for one person but..... U know......Id love you for it. Lmao.

Last edited by Spawn420,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I play with wiimote + classic controller?
if you have a dolphin bar which is a wii remote sensor similar to the one for the actual wii but works with pc...

I have an Xbox One and a O3DS.
But this is exclusive for N3DS. :unsure: #sad
check tcpixels channel... theres a streaming tool in development that works with o3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended