Status
Not open for further replies.

XGamer30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure many of you have already seen and used this tool from the Wii U USB Loading thread.

Well, now it's a little more than just a ticket patcher and title downloader...

This latest update includes a browser for the tickets on that website but there's one gotcha...

In order to activate the browser you need to know the address of that website... I did this to keep the mods both here and on the Wii U Hacks sub-reddit happy. (I even obfuscated it a little in the source code, so no peeking!)

Also included are a couple bug fixes and the ability for the program to remember the last path you saved a game to.

Download: https://github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases

Source Code: https://github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper

Thank's very nice app ;)

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you talk to the mods before posting? I feel like they may not have agreed to allow you to post this. It still is inherently a program that downloads tickets from "that website".

Last edited by x65943,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you talk to the mods before posting? I feel like they wouldn't have agreed to allow you to post this. It still is inherently a program that downloads tickets from "that website".
I didn't, but I don't enable the features unless you know the address of the site.

This program can also be used to download title data and patch tickets obtained legitimately by using the IOSU hack that was recently released.

Also, it's not that much different than Shameless

If the mods have a problem with it I'll gladly let them delete this thread.

What do you think @Cyan?

Last edited by DanTheMan827,
Reactions: x65943

WupPup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could it possibly read from that site when the tik files are linked to mega and in rar form for download.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't, but I don't enable the features unless you know the address of the site.

Also, it's not that much different than Shameless
What do you think Cyan?

Non-moderator opinon:
It's one thing to post a program that allows a person to download files from a site that they enter, but when you specify that only a single answer is correct, your tool associates itself with the site. That's what you want to avoid.

We understand that there's currently only one site that's going to work properly with your code, but your code shouldn't know that.

Why force the code to a specific site when it's feasible that someone could set up their own site with their own tickets if they wanted to? Just allow entry of the site to pull the tickets from, and give an example of the format you're looking for, e.g. www.mysitename.org

Reactions: Quantumcat

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make it like freeShop where you have to input the address to get stuff from. So it's not present in the source code at all.
I just re-issued the code / downloads, now there's no trace of the website address in there at all, just a one-way MD5 hash.

Non-moderator opinon:
It's one thing to post a program that allows a person to download files from a site that they enter, but when you specify that only a single answer is correct, your tool associates itself with the site. That's what you want to avoid.

We understand that there's currently only one site that's going to work properly with your code, but your code shouldn't know that.

Why force the code to a specific site when it's feasible that someone could set up their own site with their own tickets if they wanted to? Just allow entry of the site to pull the tickets from, and give an example of the format you're looking for, e.g. www.mysitename.org
also part of the code I re-issued is the ability to modify the settings.ini file saved at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\uTikDownloadHelper\ if you REALLY want to use another site (no other ones compatible at this time)

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
awesome work DanTheMan827 I was just messing around with a similar idea you saved me heaps of work :D

I downloaded "that" entire site and modified your src to work from the local directory just incase "that" site gets nuked, might be something you want to do for your own personal one :D

thanks again

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, but it's too great. It needs to be taken off the Temp.
Seriously. The program even implies how to find the url. GBAtemp does not link to OR hint to warez.

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, but it's too great. It needs to be taken off the Temp.
Seriously. The program even implies how to find the url. GBAtemp does not link to OR hint to warez.
Have you seen the 3DS section?

Specifically apps like CIAngel, FreeShop, TikDevil, Shameless, and others I can't remember off the top of my head...

Those don't even require any kind of user verification of the site and the apps are just a QR code away...

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

taxco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This program downloads the games + ticket and patches it, right??
So i dont have to do nothing except install on WiiU

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for this app. But i have a problem with all selected download, i can select the directorie but when i click ok a windows pop up with error downloading cannot download .......... I can see NUS 1/10 sec
Your program need something to run?
Win7 64

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this app. But i have a problem with all selected download, i can select the directorie but when i click ok a windows pop up with error downloading cannot download .......... I can see NUS 1/10 sec
Your program need something to run?
Win7 64
It could be a problem with that specific title.

Try one that you know is on the eShop

taxco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanksfor this great app.
Is the play speed ( Like zelda TP ) faster using USB than SD Card

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It could be a problem with that specific title.

Try one that you know is on the eShop

Thanks for your reply, it's make that for all.
When i can i try with another Pc.

Edit: it's ok on my second Pc, the problem on my first is with NUSgrabber (launch and close directly)
I have notice, when the folder selected for the downloaded files isn't empty there is a pop-up windows for asking if you want use this folder or not. If i say yes or not the download don't start.

Last edited by 0nther0ck,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass