Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I have also noticed is that, for me, the download speed is very sporadic. I should be getting a constant 3.5MB/s plus however it fluctuates between a couple of hundred KB/s one second to 3MB/s the next. In the old version I was downloading several titles at the same time and I ended up with wget using all of my available bandwidth across all of the downloads at the same time so that I wasn't suffering slowdowns at any point.

Would it be possible to implement a feature whereby a user can specify how many titles to download at the same time so that slowdowns on a particular title are not reflected through the whole process taking maybe twice as long or worse?
This I'm pretty sure was caused by excessive polling of the folder size, I changed this in the code and now I max out my internet most of the time (I'm not sure if the other bit is Nintendo or my app...)

So hopefully that's fixed... I actually use wget in the background but hide the window... You can set my app to not hide it if you modify the %LocalAppData%\uTikDownloadHelper\settings.ini file to include the line hideWget=0

Reactions: Roddo

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This I'm pretty sure was caused by excessive polling of the folder size, I changed this in the code and now I max out my internet most of the time (I'm not sure if the other bit is Nintendo or my app...)

So hopefully that's fixed... I actually use wget in the background but hide the window... You can set my app to not hide it if you modify the %LocalAppData%\uTikDownloadHelper\settings.ini file to include the line hideWget=0

Awesome. Do you know when the executable for 2.01 might be ready so that I can give it a try? I've started pulling quite a few down as of almost 4 hours ago in the latest version (2.0) but as yet I am only 1/4 of the way through the second when in theory I should be much further along by now. Many thanks for your excellent work.

EDIT: Ignore me! It's now there (wasn't showing 2 minutes ago :rofl2:)

Again, many thanks!

Last edited by b3ats,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Do you know when the executable for 2.01 might be ready so that I can give it a try? I've started pulling quite a few down as of almost 4 hours ago in the latest version (2.0) but as yet I am only 1/4 of the way through the second when in theory I should be much further along by now. Many thanks for your excellent work.
Sorry, forgot to save the Github release info...

It's up now

Reactions: Michierusama

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, many thanks to DanTheMan827 for this precious program!!!

Just to report the
Latest release v2.0.1, that 90% of the games listed without the size information, cannot be downloaded, could it be a program issue or a nintendo server problem?

Thanks in advance.
If there's no size listed that means the app couldn't find it on the server.

I still show them if you for some reason wanted to download and possible game update though...

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If there's no size listed that means the app couldn't find it on the server.

I still show them if you for some reason wanted to download and possible game update though...

Many thanks for you super fast reply!!!

I have no problem on downloading , with stable download speed of 2.6 MB/s.

-I have a suggestion, could you put the program version, so people like me who is downloading every lastest version of your great program know which version is running.

Thanks

Last edited by panamex,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for you super fast reply!!!

I have no problem on downloading , with stable download speed of 2.6 MB/s.

-I have a suggestion, could you put the program version, so people like me who is downloading every lastest version of your great program know which version is running.

Thanks
If you open the properties of the EXE file it shows the version number under the Details tab

dozvgkka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, forgot to save the Github release info...

It's up now

OK man, I was just about to fire up VS... definitely there is no competition with you when it comes to speed.

Additional thing I've discovered while debugging which characters are problematic - it seems really long directory names also don't work with Wupinstaller.

Anyways, this is something that I'll ask @Yardape8000 for details; if he has extra info since he created Wupinstalled.
Once I figure it out I'll send you pull request not to bother you with this since it's non-critical fix and not directly related to uTikDownloadHelper.

Thanks for fast update and good luck; if there is ever some C# coding you need done - leave reply here... I'm on throwaway account but will monitor thread.

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll only need to re-download them if they fail to install...

Not every game was affected...

Whilst it hasn't affected me (and hopefully won't in the future), perhaps a nice to have feature would be at the start of a download to scan the specified destination folder for current files and if the file sizes match (not sure whether this would be an accurate test (although it is a user specified folder)) skip that file and move onto the next. That way the entire game wouldn't need to be downloaded all over again for the sake of a load of 20kb files and someone who perhaps lost connectivity part way through their download could continue and download only 2GB instead of 20GB. A repair option which only downloads the h3 files might be an idea too.

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whilst it hasn't affected me (and hopefully won't in the future), perhaps a nice to have feature would be at the start of a download to scan the specified destination folder for current files and if the file sizes match (not sure whether this would be an accurate test (although it is a user specified folder)) skip that file and move onto the next. That way the entire game wouldn't need to be downloaded all over again for the sake of a load of 20kb files and someone who perhaps lost connectivity part way through their download could continue and download only 2GB instead of 20GB. A repair option which only downloads the h3 files might be an idea too.

I am happy with all functions from the program. You are asking for functions like Jdownloader.....In my opinion is not a essential function. I think the focus should be in bug fixing and improving existing functions in my personal opinion.... Remember the author is really working on this free for the community.

Last edited by panamex,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually wouldn't be all that difficult to be honest... wget already has a resume function for incomplete downloads so all I would have to do is check if the title.tmd matches and run it on that folder to fix incomplete files

The thing is... my program will automatically deletes a incomplete download if it fails

hound7

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Do you have plans to make a macOs version of this app? I would like to have it. I tried using Wine to emulate a windows framework but keeps failing. Tested on a friend Windows and worked perfect, Great job!

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have plans to make a macOs version of this app? I would like to have it. I tried using Wine to emulate a windows framework but keeps failing. Tested on a friend Windows and worked perfect, Great job!
I might make a version for mac but I can't say for sure...

When running in wine did you also install the .NET framework 4.5 inside the wine container?

hound7

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I might make a version for mac but I can't say for sure...

When running in wine did you also install the .NET framework 4.5 inside the wine container?

I tried but I couln't do it. I guess it's impossible. Meanwhile I'm installing a virtual machine to emulate windows and installing framework there.

dozvgkka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @DanTheMan827 - I've always hated to be bringer of bad news but downloading of updates still doesn't work in v2.0.1.

To anyone who downloaded previous versions - remove it and place new exe in separate folder. If you have libNus.dll in same folder as .exe updates will not work.

[EDIT: I had link to version I've compiled here; things are working so I've removed link - go to official release page and get app from there.]

Let me know if you are open to pull requests @DanTheMan827 and if you are - I'll free up some time next weekend to polish stuff / add things people whine about and you don't have time / desire to implement ;).

Thanks again for this great utility!

Last edited by dozvgkka69,

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, many missing files in updates with V2.01, I deleted everything and will test dozvgkka69 compile... Is their any way to check game downloads to see if there's missing files? I dont remember what games I downloaded with V2.01... Would be nice to have a list with "number of files" and "total size" of all games when they are complete downloaded.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?