ROM Hack [Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

MegaLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks again :)
So I can’t do anything with emulator settings? Since on some YouTube channels it seems to work.

What do u mean if Iki town works?

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again :)
So I can’t do anything with emulator settings? Since on some YouTube channels it seems to work.

What do u mean if Iki town works?
Well the emulator renders differently than the console, we can't really change how the console renders, or the model shaders, only the textures.

Iki town may crash when entering, but I'm not too sure.

MegaLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see.
Till know it was okay. I will report bugs to you :)

The hair color is always kind of green when I select a color at the hair stylist. Still wondering xD

Wolfemon101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the emulator renders differently than the console, we can't really change how the console renders, or the model shaders, only the textures.

Hey there Aqua thanks for contributing to this endeavor. =)

If possible though if you could list what you've been able to accomplish so far in abit more detail i'd really appreciate it. Having a hard time on exactly whats been done so far in total from both you and radiomami honestly. I'll be honest the guide that radomami gave to install the patch is abit tough to follow for a noob like me haha,(a video tutorial would have been perfect) but before i really sit down trying to figure out how to do it, i wanna make sure exactly of what included in the patch so far.

I know you said that there's alot of work to do when it comes to swapping the character models around right? Were you able to swap any around successfully? if so how many characters? or did you instead swap scene by scene? for example you swapped around the beginning scene with lilly running away form the guards into now lusamine running away and kept going from there? and if so how far into the story did you go before stopping with swapping character models?

Sorry to be so thorough but the character model swaps are the biggest reason im interested in the game (apart from the funny story and new personalities of all the characters especially lillie lol) and just wanna know where we are at before i try to get the game. I'd love to help with the process of swapping character models as well if its possible to teach the method step by step, i'd totally be down to contribute.

Again thx to all for all the progress done so far! =D

I truly wish that rusyaas was still around on the site to see all the peeps still working on his project out of our love for pokemon! and funny edits lol ^_^

Last edited by Wolfemon101,

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there Aqua thanks for contributing to this endeavor. =)

If possible though if you could list what you've been able to accomplish so far in abit more detail i'd really appreciate it. Having a hard time on exactly whats been done so far in total from both you and radiomami honestly. I'll be honest the guide that radomami gave to install the patch is abit tough to follow for a noob like me haha,(a video tutorial would have been perfect) but before i really sit down trying to figure out how to do it, i wanna make sure exactly of what included in the patch so far.

I know you said that there's alot of work to do when it comes to swapping the character models around right? Were you able to swap any around successfully? if so how many characters? or did you instead swap scene by scene? for example you swapped around the beginning scene with lilly running away form the guards into now lusamine running away and kept going from there? and if so how far into the story did you go before stopping with swapping character models?

Sorry to be so thorough but the character model swaps are the biggest reason im interested in the game (apart from the funny story and new personalities of all the characters especially lillie lol) and just wanna know where we are at before i try to get the game. I'd love to help with the process of swapping character models as well if its possible to teach the method step by step, i'd totally be down to contribute.

Again thx to all for all the progress done so far! =D

I truly wish that rusyaas was still around on the site to see all the peeps still working on his project out of our love for pokemon! and funny edits lol ^_^
Thank you for taking interest into this, it makes me happy knowing that people want this to be done and I'm not wasting my time. As for what I have done, afaik the patch that I uploaded has all of the map texture differences, such as the yellow roads and purple roads. As it's been a while since I kept track, I'm not too sure how many of the character models I have swapped. I'm pretty sure I have done post tutorial route 1, the players house, and the pokemon center to the right of the players house. As for the methodology to the swapping, I have tried to do swap the containers in the garc by the order they appear (which occurs chronologically). Btw, I didn't do the intro cutscene with lusamine because that is stored in a different garc than the one I am patching.

As I'm sure you're aware, each scene/area has its own set of character models and there are many areas that rusyaas has swapped character models (134 to be exact), this means I have to go through and fix each changed model individually as sometimes rusyaas swaps different characters at different times but matches the dialogue accordingly. For example, in many maps, Wicke replaces Kukuii, but in some maps, she replaces an npc. I have to repack Wicke for each one of these. I'd say we are <1% complete for the whole game in terms of character swaps. This is nowhere near enjoyable to warrant playing the game for these few swaps imo. I resonate with the feeling of wanting all the models swapped on console because that was one of the first thoughts that came into my head when playing the game on emulator.

Honestly it is a headache to swap the characters because I have to log the specific character swaps for each area and repack the garc then test it hoping it doesn't crash. At the time, I'm using a program which makes packing much easier, but the creator doesn't want to make it public, I might have been able to do it using tools available but I've forgotten since it's been a while. As of now, the easiest way to help is to log all of the changes between characters in a text file or something so I can quickly look, patch and compress. This can be done by opening a083 for Ultra Moon and Stars then uncompressing each container, isolating the ones labeled "AC" and noting all the character changes by opening each file in Spica or Ohana. Currently, I have two folders with every different file in each container, but I haven't checked which character is in each file. If you or anyone else wants to assist me please PM me and I will send the files and instructions for checking each character.

I hope this giant wall of text isn't too confusing, but if you need any clarification, do not hesitate to ask, but note that it might take me a while to respond because I'm usually busy... And I probably will be for the next few weeks except for maybe Saturdays (not including tomorrow). I thank you for taking interest and hope that I can complete this within the next few months.

Last edited by AquaSamurott,
Reactions: Wolfemon101

Wolfemon101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for taking interest into this, it makes me happy knowing that people want this to be done and I'm not wasting my time. As for what I have done, afaik the patch that I uploaded has all of the map texture differences, such as the yellow roads and purple roads. As it's been a while since I kept track, I'm not too sure how many of the character models I have swapped. I'm pretty sure I have done post tutorial route 1, the players house, and the pokemon center to the right of the players house. As for the methodology to the swapping, I have tried to do swap the containers in the garc by the order they appear (which occurs chronologically). Btw, I didn't do the intro cutscene with lusamine because that is stored in a different garc than the one I am patching.

As I'm sure you're aware, each scene/area has its own set of character models and there are many areas that rusyaas has swapped character models (134 to be exact), this means I have to go through and fix each changed model individually as sometimes rusyaas swaps different characters at different times but matches the dialogue accordingly. For example, in many maps, Wicke replaces Kukuii, but in some maps, she replaces an npc. I have to repack Wicke for each one of these. I'd say we are <1% complete for the whole game in terms of character swaps. This is nowhere near enjoyable to warrant playing the game for these few swaps imo. I resonate with the feeling of wanting all the models swapped on console because that was one of the first thoughts that came into my head when playing the game on emulator.

Honestly it is a headache to swap the characters because I have to log the specific character swaps for each area and repack the garc then test it hoping it doesn't crash. At the time, I'm using a program which makes packing much easier, but the creator doesn't want to make it public, I might have been able to do it using tools available but I've forgotten since it's been a while. As of now, the easiest way to help is to log all of the changes between characters in a text file or something so I can quickly look, patch and compress. This can be done by opening a083 for Ultra Moon and Stars then uncompressing each container, isolating the ones labeled "AC" and noting all the character changes by opening each file in Spica or Ohana. Currently, I have two folders with every different file in each container, but I haven't checked which character is in each file. If you or anyone else wants to assist me please PM me and I will send the files and instructions for checking each character.

I hope this giant wall of text isn't too confusing, but if you need any clarification, do not hesitate to ask, but note that it might take me a while to respond because I'm usually busy... And I probably will be for the next few weeks except for maybe Saturdays (not including tomorrow). I thank you for taking interest and hope that I can complete this within the next few months.

wow that sounds great so far, very promising! thanks again for the good work.
Oh for sure! please send me the files with the instructions when you get the chance and i'll do my best to assist. =)
If we should move this conversation to another site just let me know

Last edited by Wolfemon101,

RadoMiami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Played to Iki Town on 2DS XL, no crash but did notice the black lines. Would love to help more, but I'm not well versed in the world of 3DS hacking. :(

Last edited by RadoMiami,
Reactions: Wolfemon101

max15380

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, if you use the current version of Citra Canary, the Alola Photo Club does actually work

If anyone still plays this in 2021 lol

The story is actually really interesting looking past the memes tbh

vlvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
this is a great release, wanted to give my thanks to the team working on this! I enjoyed every moment of this game :)

Yce288

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
This mod is nice, but i noticed something regarding the replaced Pokemon.
Since the fakemon replace Pokemon they can learn the same TM's, but cannot learn TM's of their types.
for example: Decidueye-SP replaces Lillipup so it can learn the same TM's that Lillipup can learn, but it cannot learn dragon type TM's like Dragon Tail.
and one more thing: according to the movesets, Misdreavus is supposed learn Boomburst at level 48 and Shell Smash at level 51, but when i leveled up my Misdreavus to both levels, it didnt learn these moves.

Last edited by Yce288,

Yce288

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Currently, if you use the current version of Citra Canary, the Alola Photo Club does actually work

If anyone still plays this in 2021 lol

The story is actually really interesting looking past the memes tbh
In the most recent version the crash is back so could you please tell me what version of Citra Canary was it before the crash came back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)