Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I installed the cia and my iTouch 2 and M3i Zero show up on my N3DS, but it gives an error message to turn off the system when it is launched.
Are both cards at the highest firmware? At least the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 should work.
Nintendo introduced a anti-flashcard patch with the firmware 4.2 or something like that which checks DS cards for their savegames. Cards that didn't work with this firmware won't work with this tool.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are both cards at the highest firmware? At least the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 should work.
Nintendo introduced a anti-flashcard patch with the firmware 4.2 or something like that which checks DS cards for their savegames. Cards that didn't work with this firmware won't work with this tool.
The M3i Zero GMP-Z003 doesn't work for some reason.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what firmware where they blocked in 5.x?....it might be that there was another TWL_FIRM based card block in 5.x

but then again the TWL_FIRM for the n3DS is different it might be that it breaks compatibility with some cards

if either of you have access to a 6.x-9.2 original 3DS you could see if they dont work with the original 3DS that would pretty much confirm its a TWL_FIRM based block

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what firmware where they blocked in 5.x?....it might be that there was another TWL_FIRM based card block in 5.x

but then again the TWL_FIRM for the n3DS is different it might be that it breaks compatibility with some cards

if either of you have access to a 6.x-9.2 original 3DS you could see if they dont work with the original 3DS that would pretty much confirm its a TWL_FIRM based block
Seems like I have to use this CIA with my 3rd 3ds as well :D

Reactions: gamesquest1

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I will try when I get home later on.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried some of my DS mode flashcards and some will come later. There is an open chart that everyone can edit to display the compatibility. But it only makes sense to test cards that don't work with the latest 3DS firmware: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w5WyG686oCo7DlbRe1YPdUm8aY3xI9wvZGfBbqPpQGI/edit?usp=sharing.
I think that that the timewarp destroys the "Cards with no Savechip"-whitelist that some flashcards used to pass 4.4 and 4.5 for a short time. That would explain why the M3i Zero and the R4i Gold faulty C don't work with the timewarp.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol