1. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    TinyDB is having issues and is in no way a fault of Universal Updater. We're making Universal DB though, so hold onto your hats. ;)

2. IanSkinner1982

IanSkinner1982 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    tinydb has been down.

Edit:
    Whoops. My computer didn't load Maorninja's message.

Last edited by IanSkinner1982, Jun 19, 2020
    SuperSaiyajinVoltZ and maorninja like this.
  3. SuperSaiyajinVoltZ

OP SuperSaiyajinVoltZ Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    As already said, it is not an issue from Universal-Updater. TinyDB is a static page now.. which does not include a UniStore anymore. Though, Universal DB is being made and will be available in the next update on Saturday. [v2.5.0]

TomTalker, raphamotta and maorninja like this.
  4. SuperSaiyajinVoltZ

OP SuperSaiyajinVoltZ Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Universal-Updater v2.5.0 is out now! Including: Universal DB, UniStore v2, Initial Script-Creator and more! You can get it here! Have fun!

5. TomTalker

TomTalker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    (I no longer need to go through the process of powering on my slow PC to go on TinyDB!)

Universal-DB is awesome! Keep up the great work, Universal-Team!

Edit: (Wish I could contribute to this project... It's AMAZING!)

Last edited by TomTalker, Jul 1, 2020
    peteruk and IanSkinner1982 like this.
  6. DaPeZ

DaPeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Nice job !!

TomTalker likes this.
  7. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    PSA: 2.5.1 just came out and it brings alongside it some changes.
    • In an attempt to fix a bug of returning to the home screen, your configuration file will get wiped on first launch of 2.5.1This doesn't mean the scripts/stores. It means things like colors, etc
    • A new Special Thanks page is made on the credits
    • Download Speed displaying is disabled by default due to crashes. Manually edit the JSON to change it
    • "Update Available" will no longer be shown for apps that haven't been installed yet (UniStore)
    • FTP is now removed from Universal Updater. It doesn't fit the UU naarative, the code was not in line with the UU code design (FTP code used C instead of C++) and there are other applications for FTP. We recommend FTPD
    Official Changelog + Download: https://github.com/Universal-Team/Universal-Updater/releases/tag/v2.5.1
    Website: https://universal-team.net/projects/universal-updater.html
    Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/KDJCfGF

8. RoundOxytocin

RoundOxytocin Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Nice work.
    Waiting for the next update to see the Hungarian translation.
    It was hard to make a DB for myself without updated wiki documentation, and didn't find info about the icon creation.
    Do you need help in the docs?

SuperSaiyajinVoltZ likes this.
  9. Windowlicker

Windowlicker INTJ Idiot

Greece
    I appreciate your work.

SuperSaiyajinVoltZ likes this.
  10. RoundOxytocin

RoundOxytocin Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Where can i find the logs?
    I still dont know, why cant I download unistores i made for tests on github:
    vargaviktor/3DSUnofficalStore/tree/master/unistore

11. Pk11

Pk11 A cat girl with a DSi

United States
    I just updated the wiki on GitHub so it should be up to date now, sorry it was so outdated... For the icons see the Sprite sheet page on the wiki.
    We should be good for the docs, just hadn't gotten around to updating it so thanks for the reminder, I would say feel free to PR changes if you have ideas but GitHub Wiki's permissions are pretty dumb and don't let you do that...

I'm not sure exactly how the GitHub downloading works, so do you know what the problem would be @SuperSaiyajinVoltZ?

Edit: Linked this to StackZ (SuperSaiyajinVoltZ) on Discord and he said you'll need:
    Owner & Repo: vargaviktor/3DSUnofficalStore
    Filename: 3DSUOS.unistore
    and also the UniStore is invalid JSON right now is why its failing, you can use https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to check the JSON, it seems to have an invalid trailing comma right now.

Last edited by Pk11, Sep 25, 2020
    RoundOxytocin and alexander1970 like this.
  12. RoundOxytocin

RoundOxytocin Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Thanks for everything. The docs are nice now, and I will check my repo on weekend, for JSON bugs.
    Also working to make a dev environment on my laptop, for the icons and contributions.

Pk11 likes this.
  13. Pk11

United States
    Universal-Updater v3.0.0 just released! We redesigned basically the whole thing to hopefully make it a much simpler and more intuitive experience, so hopefully y'all enjoy! More details and the downloads are on GitHub:

:download: Download on GitHub

EntryInfo.png

14. TomTalker

TomTalker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    That looks clean.

15. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you for the new Release; I used this application in the past but really didn't see the need because it seemed redundant for most of the Homebrew Applications I use and update through a Web Browser and then Wi-Fi transfer to the 3DS.

However, since the latest Release and revamped UI, I can actually find Applications in the Universal-DB that I never saw before nor knew I needed; I found Vapecord ACNL Plugin through this and, alongside LeafEdit, it's greatly increased the fun I have in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Now I can actually get my new Town ready for Toy Day, with all her inhabitants gifted properly.

16. Pk11

United States
  17. justjack

justjack GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Trying to get the latest open_agb_firm but I can't seem to find the file anywhere, despite it saying "Done!". Does it send it directly to the luma payloads folder or somewhere else?

18. Pk11

United States
    Oh sorry, missed this for a couple days, it should extract it directly to the luma payloads folder, however it seems to be bugged at the moment and not extracting... The version of libarchive devkitPro supplies is from 2013 and has trouble with some 7z files seemingly randomly and when we opened and issue asking if they could update they just banned us all from their GitHub for being connected to TWiLight Menu++ so we haven't been able to do much about it...

Edit: I gave it another try at getting the latest version of libarchive working and this time I was actually able to get it working! So we'll probably release a new bug fix version soon that fixes this

Last edited by Pk11, Dec 28, 2020
    fmkid and justjack like this.
  19. justjack

justjack GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Great news! I noticed that you already released the bugfix version so I updated and now it extracted the open_agb_firm file successfully. Thanks for the quick fix and great app!

fmkid and Pk11 like this.
  20. CPG

CPG dingus

Canada
    really nice looking!

Pk11 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installing, [Release], Universal