ROM Hack [Release] ultraSuMoFramework - NTR Plugin for Ultra SuMo

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non-legendary Ultra Space Pokémon are shiny-locked, and the code doesn't remove shiny locks. It only changes the standard shiny calculations. They can be shiny, but they don't abide by the standard shiny calculations (much like the Tapus and box legendaries), so the code won't do anything for them.

They aren't locked, but the code doesn't function properly. I've gotten a shiny Abomasnow when holding ZR, but it was pure chance. I also got a Shiny Heliolisk by chance with .ips, but it has the same problem of wormhole shiny'mon, with the exception of everything (legend/non-legend) having the same (or close to; no data on wormhole rings and shiny rates increasing) 4096 odds, meaning, you can only use a Shiny Charm to further increase your odds.

Will they ever fix that in the long run?

If you really only care about having the data say "Location: Ultra Wormhole", you could capture+breed and make the hatch shiny. Legends are good enough.

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't locked, but the code doesn't function properly.
No, they are shiny locked, but not in the normal sense, and it's not faulty code. It was admittedly a poor use of the term on my part, considering its only use since gen 5 is a lock out, but there's no way to really describe it concisely.

Non-legendary Ultra Space mons can be shiny, but there's no chance associated with the direct encounter. Instead, it's determined when you go through the wormhole leading to them, and it has completely different mechanisms detached from all standard shiny calculations. As such, when you enter a wormhole, shininess is either locked out, or locked in. This means you can soft reset while in that Ultra Space for natures and IVs without losing shininess.

That Abomasnow and Heliolisk weren't shiny because you held ZR or because of the IPS patch. They were shiny in the first place.

Last edited by Heartcage,

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
lol it will not work if you create a ntr plugin with blankcheat or something you will get more kb idk why i used 2 codes

Well sir, you are absoluty right. I converted the codes, made the menu and added the cheats. Build the plg file via two ways, booted the game and ... nothing. The other plugin works but the cheats would not work, so I must be doing wrong or we really need a N3DS for cheats to work.
I will try later tonight, but if someones has more expierence and can make a working one, be my guest haha.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really need a N3DS for cheats to work.

Well, if the cheats will only work for N3DS users, then that's a problem for O3DS users; not everyone has the means to go out and buy a N3DS and hope that the version that comes with it is just right for SoundHax/Cubic Ninja/2xrsa. Even then, there's really no telling you'll get the version you were hoping for until you open it up.

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well, if the cheats will only work for N3DS users, then that's a problem for O3DS users; not everyone has the means to go out and buy a N3DS and hope that the version that comes with it is just right for SoundHax/Cubic Ninja/2xrsa. Even then, there's really no telling you'll get the version you were hoping for until you open it up.

I know. I was just thinking out loud. Even with the wrong or non-working cheats, the menu must still pop up right? Or is that connected? I will try some more things later.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I was just thinking out loud. Even with the wrong or non-working cheats, the menu must still pop up right? Or is that connected? I will try some more things later.

I wouldn't know the answer to that as I haven't gotten UM/US, yet.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Non-legendary Ultra Space Pokémon are shiny-locked, and the code doesn't remove shiny locks. It only changes the standard shiny calculations. They can be shiny, but they don't abide by the standard shiny calculations (much like the Tapus and box legendaries), so the code won't do anything for them.
You sir are wrong. I caught a shiny audino in ultra space. They are not shiny locked just the cheat don't work in ultra space.

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir are wrong. I caught a shiny audino in ultra space. They are not shiny locked just the cheat don't work in ultra space.

Maybe you should read the rest of the topic...

No, they are shiny locked, but not in the normal sense, and it's not faulty code. It was admittedly a poor use of the term on my part, considering its only use since gen 5 is a lock out, but there's no way to really describe it concisely.

Non-legendary Ultra Space mons can be shiny, but there's no chance associated with the direct encounter. Instead, it's determined when you go through the wormhole leading to them, and it has completely different mechanisms detached from all standard shiny calculations. As such, when you enter a wormhole, shininess is either locked out, or locked in. This means you can soft reset while in that Ultra Space for natures and IVs without losing shininess.

That Abomasnow and Heliolisk weren't shiny because you held ZR or because of the IPS patch. They were shiny in the first place.

djmocella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What if you hold ZR before entering the Warmhole? If the shiny is set as you enter rather than starting the battle

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Well sir, you are absoluty right. I converted the codes, made the menu and added the cheats. Build the plg file via two ways, booted the game and ... nothing. The other plugin works but the cheats would not work, so I must be doing wrong or we really need a N3DS for cheats to work.
I will try later tonight, but if someones has more expierence and can make a working one, be my guest haha.
plugin works fine on o3ds, but it needs to be way less than 500+KB

royr719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having an odd issue here with USun. The NTR plugin just doesn't seem to work. All of my other plugins for other games load just fine, but I get nothing with US.

The folder's header number matches the game and everything is in the root "plugin" folder. NTR launches fine but the plugin doesn't load in game. Any ideas?

This is also happening to me.
I get the green screen after loading the game and NTR 3.6 loads, but the cheat option at the end of the menu is not there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the the cheats are triggered using SELECT instead of X+Y.

Last edited by royr719,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U