ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarianoKaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a question, Is it possible for the injector to remap buttons since most of the GBA games require the SELECT button which is broken on my 3DS.

D

Deleted User

Thank you, now I don't have to deal with the screen duplication glitches always happening when changing games via TwilightMenu+++! :)

But, I have four installed CIA Files to GBA Games each having an individual issue...
1. Super Mario Advance = "Save Data is Corrupt"
2. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 = "Your Save Data is Corrupted"
3. Pokemon Sapphire = Screen Goes Blank after the Startup Scene of the GBA Intro
4. Pokemon LeafGreen = Same with Pokemon Sapphire

Any fix to these problems? Do they have to do with the Save Types when converting GBA ROM to CIA?

Pirwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
is button remapping an option in this app? it is "uncomfortable" to use the default setup fo the A and B buttons.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there. I have some official GBA VC cia files and would love to remove ghosting + dark filter. Since they are encrypted I decrypted them using GodMode9. Everything seemed to run smoothly but for some reason I still can't open/edit any of those cias.*

In Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS I receive the following error: "Invalid or corrupted CIA file!"

*Well, it's not entirely true. I checked 5 games and while 4 of them fail to open, WarioWare seems to do perfectly fine. :huh:

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi there. I have some official GBA VC cia files and would love to remove ghosting + dark filter. Since they are encrypted I decrypted them using GodMode9. Everything seemed to run smoothly but for some reason I still can't open/edit any of those cias.*

In Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS I receive the following error: "Invalid or corrupted CIA file!"

*Well, it's not entirely true. I checked 5 games and while 4 of them fail to open, WarioWare seems to do perfectly fine. :huh:

TBH its much easier and flexible just to remake those games using the forwarders, I don't see any benefit of using the official CIAs other than the digital manual you can read.

Reactions: bjaxx87

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH its much easier and flexible just to remake those games using the forwarders, I don't see any benefit of using the official CIAs other than the digital manual you can read.
Yeah, I guess you are right. Years ago I often edited CIA files (extracting offical banner art, icons, swapping ROMs for hacked ones, etc.) but I kind of un-learned it and ran into a lot of trouble this time. The easy road it is then.

Reactions: doha057

qiangkaisherk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with SNES VC, I always get exception occurred when booting the snes VC first time, after power off and reboot, it works well. I don't want to force power off my 2ds xl every time after adding new games, any ideas? thanks
1: new 2ds LL(JP) with last CFW
2:tried JP and US , same result
3: Tried other's VC, and import seed with fbi, didn't fix the issue

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue with SNES VC, I always get exception occurred when booting the snes VC first time, after power off and reboot, it works well. I don't want to force power off my 2ds xl every time after adding new games, any ideas? thanks
1: new 2ds LL(JP) with last CFW
2:tried JP and US , same result
3: Tried other's VC, and import seed with fbi, didn't fix the issue
Have you tried https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/ ? It may be better than what your doing atm.

GomesBR2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I've been using this tool for a while and noticed that Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 won't save even with a SRAM patch. I'd like to know if there is any fix regarding this.

Edit: Huh, welp, guess I should stop being lazy and just use the more up-to-date option.

Last edited by GomesBR2003,

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
How should I patch Hacked gba rom?
NSUI offers you to apply "IPS" patch on a fresh rom while generating CIA, which is why I actually prefer IPS patches. But if you try to make CIA from an already patched rom, you just have to manually select and generate content for it if necessary, NSUI will offer you a list to select from and almost all rom patches DON'T change essential stuffs like Save type. So for example, if you are trying to make Mother 3 CIA, drag and drop the patched rom and then when NSUI offers you the list of games, select Mother 3 and then apply banner image, icons etc. It should work just like a fresh rom. Sometimes you might get weird cropped image when the game boots up, I have no idea why it happens but if it does, I try to remake it and test it and most of the time it gets fixed. Anyway good luck.

Khasho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
NSUI offers you to apply "IPS" patch on a fresh rom while generating CIA, which is why I actually prefer IPS patches. But if you try to make CIA from an already patched rom, you just have to manually select and generate content for it if necessary, NSUI will offer you a list to select from and almost all rom patches DON'T change essential stuffs like Save type. So for example, if you are trying to make Mother 3 CIA, drag and drop the patched rom and then when NSUI offers you the list of games, select Mother 3 and then apply banner image, icons etc. It should work just like a fresh rom. Sometimes you might get weird cropped image when the game boots up, I have no idea why it happens but if it does, I try to remake it and test it and most of the time it gets fixed. Anyway good luck.

Thanks for your reply...I converted hacked Metal SLug Advance gba rom to CIA...when I am playing the game it doesn't saves. Gives error while i try to save

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Thanks for your reply...I converted hacked Metal SLug Advance gba rom to CIA...when I am playing the game it doesn't saves. Gives error while i try to save
What I said didn't change, you have to make the CIA again with proper settings, start from scratch and try again.

Reactions: Khasho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?