Homebrew [Release] uae3DS (Amiga 500 Emulator for Nintendo 3DS)

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, all these feature requests (including hard drive emulation) are not possible with the version, this emulator is based on - it is too heavily optimized. I'm currently working on uae3DSng (next gen) - this will be based on uae4all2 (the version on which UAE for switch is based on as well). However, uae3DSng will definitely require a N3DS to run on ...

Awesome !! Thanks for this.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately, all these feature requests (including hard drive emulation) are not possible with the version, this emulator is based on - it is too heavily optimized. I'm currently working on uae3DSng (next gen) - this will be based on uae4all2 (the version on which UAE for switch is based on as well). However, uae3DSng will definitely require a N3DS to run on ...
Hi there, I am an Amiga enthusiast (like all the othe Amiga lovers here) since my childhood. I grew up with my fathers Amiga1000, he bought me an Amiga500, which I later sold and got me an Amiga1200, and much much later an Amiga 4000D. I know everything about it, so it's not a big problem for me to fiddle around with certain options. But for some people it's confusing how to use it, how to set it up etc. I had a suggestion for RetroArch PUAE core before, but nobody really got interested.
Isn't it possible to create three builds of an Amiga emulator for easy use?

Amiga500 emulator with everything already set, like to 1MB chipmem, capable to play OCS/ECS games, plain user interface to select (multiple) adf files and hit go for starting the game.
Amiga1200, the same as above with 2MB chipmem, capable to play AGA games.
And an Amiga emulator where the user has the control over everything, with extended menus etc.

ck16

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there, I am an Amiga enthusiast (like all the othe Amiga lovers here) since my childhood. I grew up with my fathers Amiga1000, he bought me an Amiga500, which I later sold and got me an Amiga1200, and much much later an Amiga 4000D. I know everything about it, so it's not a big problem for me to fiddle around with certain options. But for some people it's confusing how to use it, how to set it up etc. I had a suggestion for RetroArch PUAE core before, but nobody really got interested.
Isn't it possible to create three builds of an Amiga emulator for easy use?

Amiga500 emulator with everything already set, like to 1MB chipmem, capable to play OCS/ECS games, plain user interface to select (multiple) adf files and hit go for starting the game.
Amiga1200, the same as above with 2MB chipmem, capable to play AGA games.
And an Amiga emulator where the user has the control over everything, with extended menus etc.

You could accomplish the same thing by having configuration profiles similar to what WinUAE has.

An alternative is a startup screen that has preset configurations like you described above (A500, A1200 or custom). The options screen for the first two modes only allows changing disks, where the “custom” mode shows all configuration options.

No need to release multiple emulators.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could accomplish the same thing by having configuration profiles similar to what WinUAE has.

An alternative is a startup screen that has preset configurations like you described above (A500, A1200 or custom). The options screen for the first two modes only allows changing disks, where the “custom” mode shows all configuration options.

No need to release multiple emulators.
Just like I said, I don't need that myself. It's for the ones who can't understand what to do, how to do. A simple loader for Amiga games, like a NES emulator where someone has nothing to do more than just load the game and play.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is what UAE4ALL2 offers, so like ck16 said, there is no need to have multiple emulators (you have A500 and A1200 presets).

IMHO, an A1200 AGA 3.1WB with 8mb fastram & WHDLOAD is the way to go in 2021. I understand you want something easy to use for novice users but the Amiga is a computer, that said a bit of learning is required if you want to go further. But if you want to launch some .adf, UAE4ALL(2) is very simple, even without any knowledge.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is what UAE4ALL2 offers, so like ck16 said, there is no need to have multiple emulators (you have A500 and A1200 presets).

IMHO, an A1200 AGA 3.1WB with 8mb fastram & WHDLOAD is the way to go in 2021. I understand you want something easy to use for novice users but the Amiga is a computer, that said a bit of learning is required if you want to go further. But if you want to launch some .adf, UAE4ALL(2) is very simple, even without any knowledge.
Yeah, I agree totally. I'm using my Amiga1200 for all WHDLoad stuff (because it's a towerized beast with a PPC, Mediator PCI etc.), MODs sound much better on Amiga played with Delitracker. ;)

Reactions: Traace

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I agree totally. I'm using my Amiga1200 for all WHDLoad stuff (because it's a towerized beast with a PPC, Mediator PCI etc.), MODs sound much better on Amiga played with Delitracker. ;)

I have one too 060@60 and PPC @330, little beast. Unfortunately my A4K CSPPC died last year :( But to be honest, 060 + RTG is what I prefer. I would like to put my hand on a Warp1260 !

Reactions: Traace

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have one too 060@60 and PPC @330, little beast. Unfortunately my A4K CSPPC died last year :( But to be honest, 060 + RTG is what I prefer. I would like to put my hand on a Warp1260 !
I had some problems with my Phase5 BlizzardPPC @200Mhz, so I changed the oscillators and reduced it to 160Mhz. The 060 is 50Mhz. Got a Voodoo3000 but would love to have an ATI 9200 with 256MB, which is sadly impossible nowadays. :(

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had some problems with my Phase5 BlizzardPPC @200Mhz, so I changed the oscillators and reduced it to 160Mhz. The 060 is 50Mhz. Got a Voodoo3000 but would love to have an ATI 9200 with 256MB, which is sadly impossible nowadays. :(

For OS4 ? I will check if I have something but AFAIR all my radeon's are AGP, I used them in a PEGII.

Edit : nope, all AGP :(

Last edited by CrashMidnick,
Reactions: CaptainHIT

axiom23

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Is there any news on the uae3DSng? I just compiled it and gave it a try. The gui stuff seems to reflect the uae3all2 features but the emulator did not like my kicks so I am unsure about the state of the actual emulation. Is there a real chance of running that emu in a not too distant future?

Joelb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great but, I will still have a suggestion, it will be possible to be able to move the screen down because some games when have zoom moves up.
Thanks you.

Benne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have constant bad luck with Amiga emulators and kickstarts...
Have tried recommended versions of Kickstart roms but no luck,
Still stuck on the insert disk screen. No matter what I do.
Any advice?

bwcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have constant bad luck with Amiga emulators and kickstarts...
Have tried recommended versions of Kickstart roms but no luck,
Still stuck on the insert disk screen. No matter what I do.
Any advice?
If you have the white screen of the kickstart 1.3 with a blue floppy disk picture, it means that you have installed the firmware.

The amiga (500/2000 here) has no operating system in rom, so it asks you to insert a bootable floppy (file ".adf" (amiga disk file))

You can download it here :
http://amigamuseum.emu-france.info/Fichiers/ADF/

In the emulator, "Select" for the menu, "Load Disk Image".
DF0 and DF1 are the two emulated floppy drives, only DF0 is bootable.
Choose "DF0 Image" and select from your SD an "adf" downloaded before.

Finally, "Main Menu" and "Reset Amiga".

The amiga should this time start on your floppy disk (adf).

Have fun :)

Last edited by bwcds,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte