Homebrew [Release] uae3DS (Amiga 500 Emulator for Nintendo 3DS)

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
New version 1.0 is available - I decided to go from alpha staight to stable :P
Changes towards v0.3.1 are:
  • enhancement: Save state handling revamp: screenshots, config saved in save states, ...
  • enhancement: SHIFT, Amiga & ALT keys now differentiate left and right press
  • enhancement: option to move mouse with C-Pad, configurable in main menu
  • enhancement: added list of 10 last used disk images in "Load disk image"-menu
  • optimization: settings are autosaved on exit
  • optimization: removed sound settings from main menu
  • bugfix: fixed sound speed
  • lots of other small optimizations and bugfixes
Save state handling changed a bit, so if you're upgrading from a previous version, you need to migrate your save state files (*.asf):
1. Move all save state files to directory /3ds/uae3DS/save/ on your SD card
2. Rename the files to <ADF file name>-<NR>.asf where <ADF file name> is the name of the disk image in drive DF0 at the time of writing the state file and <NR> is the save state number (0 - 3), e.g. "Chaos Engine, The_Disk1.adf-0.asf"

https://github.com/badda71/uae3DS/releases

Have fun! :yay3ds:

Last edited by Badda,

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Badda
Thank you for this great update.
I have a small problem on version 1.0: on N2DS the sound and picture are sometimes desynchronises. For exemple on the start screen of « storm master » game the animation is much to fast.
Is there a sync picture/sound option ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Shisedo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Omg Badda you crazy animal you've done it again. The dream of the clamshell portable Amiga has come true. Dammit there goes all my free time.

Reactions: Badda

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
@Badda
Thank you for this great update.
I have a small problem on version 1.0: on N2DS the sound and picture are sometimes desynchronises. For exemple on the start screen of « storm master » game the animation is much to fast.
Is there a sync picture/sound option ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
I'll check into that - maybe there is an easy way to fix that ...

Joelb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Badda great update work, I will still have a suggestion, it will be possible to be able to move the screen down because some games when have zoom moves up

nitrofc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeaaaaahhh thx now rick dangerous and batman the movie in my pocket

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeaaaahhhh now i have rick batman and blues brothers in my pocket thx dude

Reactions: Badda

zewindsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is it possible to have more slots for the save states ? I use them with Vroom for each circuit, to avoid the loading times, but there is six circuits in this game :)

Scureuil

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
(new here, so limited forum functionality for the moment)

Hi, thanks for the port, it works really well for a lot of games and applications. It's a pleasure to play games with the N2DS c-pad/d-pad, and c-pad mouse control is even usable for drawing.

There is some annoying bugs and missing features:

- left of screen is truncated (Deluxe Paint III);

- in Hi-Res mod, leftmost part of the screen misses bitplanes (Personal Paint 2.1 in 640x* modes, AMOS code screen...);

- empty shapes in Fantavision - blitter-related?

- some games miss the bottom of the screen (it could be either the screen truncated to 200 px, or a second logical screen for lifes, scores, items, etc. missing) - ie. Twin World;

- Partial ECS and Full ECS Amiga can manage up to 2MiB of Chip+Bogo/Slow memory (typically, A501 trapdoor expansion would gives a total of 512KiB Chipmem + 512K "Fastmem" (really chipmem available only to MC68k). Compatibility varies: in some games wouldn't detect extra-ram in 1MiB+ chipmem configs, in others they wouldn't care with ram type and crash with A501 trying to use the additional 512KiB with custom chips - a GUI config option for "no expansion", "A501", and "1/2MiB chipmem" would be useful.

Playing a bit with the code, some observations:

- uae4all has a lot of variants nowadays, including uae4all-pi, uae4all2, uae4arm, uae4arm-pi, and the libretro branch - uae3DS is likely based on the original codebase;

- variants implement better memory configuration, full ECS, full AGA, multiple kickstarts compatiblity, MC68020, MC68030+, hdf files and file system access, and more;

- some of theses features can easily be backported, others not so much, either because of code dependencies (SDL2 instead of SDL1.2) or because of older Amiga limitations (harddrives weren't so easy to use with 1.0-1.3, and if I remember well WHDLoad needs at least ECS/68020/kickstart 2.x/2 MiB of RAM).

So far, I did experiment with backporting EHB/HAM from another branch to uae3DS (EHB works well, sprites don't show up in HAM - so ok for games title screens but so-so for applications because of lack of mouse cursor). Deluxe Paint III is happy, and that should fix some games with missing colors (because of lack of git-commits for these features, I had to diff/grep/copy-paste "ehb"/"ham" related code - so no proper github pull request for now, it would need some cleanup.)

XCOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmm I would like that in the next release there is an option (present in winuae) that can set the exact cycle of the machine because some games go much faster than normal and others are not emulated well because they are too fast (a problem common to many emulators), then I would like support for HDF. A small note regards the PSP which owns an rc1 of this emulator but its developer has never released a version beyond the first one, I wonder if it would be possible to update it. I understand that it is difficult to optimize an emulator, I know this world for years and emulating a computer is not quite like emulating a console.

Scureuil

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
mmm I would like that in the next release there is an option (present in winuae) that can set the exact cycle of the machine because some games go much faster than normal and others are not emulated well because they are too fast (a problem common to many emulators), then I would like support for HDF. A small note regards the PSP which owns an rc1 of this emulator but its developer has never released a version beyond the first one, I wonder if it would be possible to update it. I understand that it is difficult to optimize an emulator, I know this world for years and emulating a computer is not quite like emulating a console.

Mmm, uae3DS, like uae4all, isn't really capable of cycle perfect emulation. The aim was to be playable on low-end hardware, unlike WinUAE.

The emulated hardware is a PAL 50 Hz Amiga 500, 512 kiB chipram with optionally an 512kiB slowram expansion. For some NTSC compatibility, frameskipping can be set to 0 (max 60 MHz), "auto" being 50 MHz max.

To help with speed problems, Threshold is used to adjust speed from game to game. The uae4all game compatibility chart lists the most accurate Threshold value for each tested game.

XCOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmm, uae3DS, like uae4all, isn't really capable of cycle perfect emulation. The aim was to be playable on low-end hardware, unlike WinUAE.

The emulated hardware is a PAL 50 Hz Amiga 500, 512 kiB chipram with optionally an 512kiB slowram expansion. For some NTSC compatibility, frameskipping can be set to 0 (max 60 MHz), "auto" being 50 MHz max.

To help with speed problems, Threshold is used to adjust speed from game to game. The uae4all game compatibility chart lists the most accurate Threshold value for each tested game.

I think Badda can make implementations in the future, I hope at least one addition to the games in HDF format since some titles have many diskettes.

Scureuil

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No you can launch from any Amiga. You need at least 2.x kickstart emulation (V37 that manage scsi.device) and hdd emulation (hdf).

Yes. The Kickstart 2.04 works with uae3ds, and it's possible to increase the Chip RAM to 2MiB by just changing a value in the source (launching games with Whdload needs more RAM.)

What is the most difficult here is to implement hdf compatibility, as basic uae4all doesn't have it, and more advanced versions implement disk access differently.

Hellawaits

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
#36 the Game get stucked after first shoot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

#36 t'he game starts well but it get stucked aftert first shoot. Very sad cause ruff N Tumble is the best game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok now for real