OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I really love TwilightMenu++ but own a lot of 'classic' titles which can not be downloaded automatically. To solve this I made a small program which combines GameTDB and libretro + NoIntro DB to get the full spectrum of consoles supported by TwilightMenu++. :)
This is probably the most useful for DSi users as the SD card can be removed easily. :P

Update:
For 3DS users I have created an updated TwilightMenu-Updater with FULL boxart support, which can be downloaded here:
https://github.com/KirovAir/TWiLightMenu-Updater/releases
This has the exact same features as the desktop version! This will be a stand-alone application in the future as the updater has been deprecated.

Supported types for boxart downloads:
- Nintendo - Game Boy (sha1)
- Nintendo - Game Boy Color (sha1)
- Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (titleId + sha1)
- Nintendo - Nintendo DS (titleId + sha1)
- Nintendo - Nintendo DSi (titleId + sha1)
- Nintendo - Nintendo DSi (DSiWare) (titleId + sha1)
- Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System (sha1)
- Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (sha1)
- Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis (sha1)
- Sega - Master System - Mark III (sha1)
- Sega - Game Gear (sha1)

Screenshot
5d828ad5161ff-screenshot.png

Download here

By default the settings are customised for TwilightMenu++ but these can be changed in TwilightBoxart.ini.

Cheers and have a great night.

Last edited by KirovAir,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. for some reason, whenever I scan for gameboy roms, it can't find the boxart for some popular titles like super mario 3d land 1 and 2. and, when I scan over nds roms, it messes up the box art for sonic rush. sonic rush and sonic rush adventure come out as the same box art.

Reactions: Alexander1970

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your app has motivated me to add in correct box art sizes for games outside the NDS, GBA, and GB(C), in TWLMenu++.

Please use these sizes in the next app version.

FDS: 115x115
NES/MS/GG/GEN/MD/SFC: 84x115
SNES (.smc): 158x115

Also, can you add support for LZ77-compressed SNES/SFC and GEN/MD ROMs? They have ".lz77" before the file extension.
You should just decompress the ROM on-the-fly, and then check SHA hash.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nice. for some reason, whenever I scan for gameboy roms, it can't find the boxart for some popular titles like super mario 3d land 1 and 2. and, when I scan over nds roms, it messes up the box art for sonic rush. sonic rush and sonic rush adventure come out as the same box art.

I’ll look into it. For gameboy art the correct nointro hash needs to match. I am working on an update that the titleid of gameboy games will be sufficient. The current NDS algorithm is very aggressive in the sense that some art is better then no art so I’ll check it out and have this fixed in the next version!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your app has motivated me to add in correct box art sizes for games outside the NDS, GBA, and GB(C), in TWLMenu++.

Please use these sizes in the next app version.

FDS: 115x115
NES/GEN/MD/SFC: 84x115
SNES (.smc): 158x115

Also, can you add support for LZ77-compressed SNES/SFC and GEN/MD ROMs? They have ".lz77" before the file extension.
You should just decompress the ROM on-the-fly, and then check SHA hash.

Woah that is awesome to hear! I’ll add these as soon as I get home. :)

Last edited by KirovAir,

ImLEBrAn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thank you for your program. Thing is, I have a little problem with getting the boxart for Pokémon Platinum (German version). As you can see I have named all my roms like they are on GameTDB and it still doesn't pick up the boxart for Platinum (https://www.gametdb.com/DS/CPUD). The platinum rom has been dumped from a legit cartridge that I own. TwilightMenu is also not able to download the boxart for some reason.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 585

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Right now TWLight can't actually launch GBA roms, correct? Is this planned to change eventually?
Hello.:)

Thanks to @Gericom we HAVE the option to play GameBoy Advanced Roms.

These are TWO different Projects and I think it takes TOO MUCH Time and Work and Effort.
If it was that easy @Robz8 and he would have done it already.:)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Tarmfot

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry yes I know of GBARunner2, its awesome, and its been included with TWLight for a while. Most of TWLight's included emulators are written by others, but are set up so you can select the Rom in TWLight and it will launch the emulator with that rom. That's why it makes sense to start creating icons or box art that TWLight can use when you are browsing the roms. But AFAIK this doesn't work with GBARunner2 at the moment, you can only select roms within GBARunner2's own interface. Nonetheless effort is being put out to make TWLight display GBA box art even though there's currently not much reason to browse GBA roms within TWLight as you can't launch them. That's why I wondered if there were plans to eventually be able to select a GBA rom within TWLight and have it boot up GBARunner 2 with that rom.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting garbled images on everything except NDS games, also, GBA covers doesn't show up yet, I guess that happens because the GBA images need to be in another directory.

Last edited by DSoryu,

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting garbled images on everything except NDS games, also, GBA covers doesn't show up yet, I guess that happens because the GBA images need to be in another directory.

I think this is because Robz8 already updated TwilightMenu++ to use the new sizes and I still need to make a build with the latest changes. Give me until tonight, I was a bit busy due to some circumstances.

Malwarebytes does not like that file for windows...
Should be a false positive. You should be able to compile it yourself with visual studio community 2019 if you don't trust it.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Thank you for this great Tool,it saves a lot of work on the DS/DSi titles.:yay:

Would you be so kind and can you please give me an Advice ?
I have a little "issues" with Covers for the DSi Ware.

I have tried it with both of your Releases and get the following Error Messages one every DSi Ware Title (in German);

Ohne Titel-5.jpg

It says:
Something bad Happened: The request was canceled. Unable to create a secure SSL / TLS channel ..

Do I make a mistake ? Are the Titles named wrong ? :(
Thank you for any Help or Suggestions.:)

Reactions: chronoss

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have tried it with both of your Releases and get the following Error Messages one every DSi Ware Title (in German);

View attachment 180665

It says:
Something bad Happened: The request was canceled. Unable to create a secure SSL / TLS channel ..

The name of the titles should not matter as it uses the internals of the file. For most DSi titles there is no boxart unfortunately so it downloads this default image: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KirovAir/TwilightBoxart/master/img/dsiware.jpg. It seems on your computer it does not like the github ssl certificate. Are you using a proxy maybe or have a firewall in place?

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

View attachment 180665

It says:

I have the same issue but with all my roms (Gba, Gb, Sega...), i think its was renamed... so how to renamed it to proper name ?

"
18:35:08 - Searching art for World Masters Golf.smc..
18:35:08 - Something bad happened: No NoIntro name found for rom! Could not download from libretro github.
18:35:08 - Searching art for World League Soccer.smc..
18:35:08 - Something bad happened: La demande a été abandonnée : Impossible de créer un canal sécurisé SSL/TLS.
18:35:08 - Searching art for Power Instinct.smc..
18:35:08 - Something bad happened: No NoIntro name found for rom! Could not download from libretro github.
18:35:08 - Searching art for Contra3.smc..
18:35:09 - Something bad happened: No NoIntro name found for rom! Could not download from libretro github."

Last edited by chronoss,

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same issue but with all my roms (Gba, Gb, Sega...), i think its was renamed... so how to renamed it to proper name ?

"
18:35:08 - Searching art for World Masters Golf.smc..
18:35:08 - Searching art for World League Soccer.smc..
18:35:08 - Something bad happened: La demande a été abandonnée : Impossible de créer un canal sécurisé SSL/TLS.
18:35:08 - Searching art for Power Instinct.smc..
18:35:08 - Searching art for Contra3.smc..
18:35:09 - Something bad happened: No NoIntro name found for rom! Could not download from libretro github."

Hmm this is definitely something to do with the .net framework I think.. The names of the roms should not matter. Can you try this build? @alexander1970 maybe this works for you too.

Last edited by KirovAir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: