[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky SC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Feb 4, 2018.

1. pavachan

pavachan Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
    Iceland
    Is it possible to use the NoNpDRM version of First Chapter just to do the save import into Second Chapter?

What I mean is, will the English Patched Second Chapter read the NoNpDRM First Chapter save as Legit?

Last edited by pavachan, Feb 12, 2018
  2. Miracutor

Miracutor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    Malaysia
    This is SC save at the beginning of the game loaded with my clear save data. (I didn't remember if it perfect or not... I meant I did follow guide and done all quest incinclud the hidden ones at least.)

All of them and also a Zemurian Ore Shard.

3. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Wait, so my NG+ saves doesn't need another FC saves?

I remember getting Zemurian Ore Shard when I started NG+ last week. :hrth:

4. Borsalino

Borsalino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Didn't get the luck quartz so I might have missed something on my FC save

5. FFTfanatic

FFTfanatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi Sabil, thanks for all your hard work helping the community.
    I would love to be able to play SC Evo with all the bonuses from FC Evo, AO and Zero but I do not have these games. Would really appreciate if you could upload a SC EVO save from the beginning/earliest point in SC Evo with the bonuses from FC, AO and Zero already unlocked if that's possible?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

6. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    A question: As already posted before, i intend to do a music mod for the game using some Sora no Kiseki Zanmai and Super Arranged tracks, some Evolution tracks, depending on what fits well. I'm pretty confident it will turn out amazing, i have most of the tools to convert to AT9, but i have a technical question: PSArcTool decompiles/extracts the psarc file completely. Is it enough to simply then swap out/switch the AT9 files in extracted the bgm folder with my own ones and then drag the entre file/folder structure previously unpacked onto the PSArcTool again? The result seems to be a pak file. Would renaming it to psarc be enough?

Also: Is there another tool that lets me just open the psarc files like a rar/zip archive and just swap out the bgm folder?

7. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    wooow and i still havent even beaten FC.
    time to go back to playing my vita and finish FC so i can start this one !

thank you so much for all the hard work guys.

8. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I used psarc.exe, but it's a command line tool that might not be straightforward to use.

I know Total Commander with the PSARC plugin (https://totalcmd.net/plugring/PSARC.html) also works for unpacking and repacking.

9. hybrid897

hybrid897 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Just finished my play through ~65 hours.

I feel these are the definitive versions of the games, thank you for bringing them to english speaking audiences!

There was one error where a character said TO DO or TODO, but that is literally the only error I saw through the whole game... amazing work! Looking forward to playing the 3rd Evolution in the future.

10. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'll try the tool you mentioned, but if it doesn't work, just tell me the commands for psarc.exe and maybe a DL link... I think i'll manage then.

11. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    If that didn't work please use this instead: http://disq.us/p/1b02zxx

1) Rename data0.psarc to data0.pak then drag the data0.pak to the PSArcTool.EXE

2) Replace the at9 files

3) Select all the files that got extracted from the first step to PSArcTool.EXE

4) Rename data0.pak to data0.psarc

The only drawback is this tool uses full level compression if I remember correctly.

12. boroxs

boroxs Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Antarctica
    can u do the same but with NG+ on hard difficulty with carrying everything except your status level??

13. Miracutor

Miracutor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    Malaysia
    I am sorry. I am still not finished playing.

14. boroxs

boroxs Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Antarctica
    ah okay, i thought you already finished the game, my bad :)

15. Gogerad

Gogerad Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2018
    France
    Thanks so much for the hard work.
    I got the original game but i can't dump it with maidumptool. He keep give me error message.
    Does somebody have any clue about this please ?

To be more specific,
    First i install my physical copy in the pstv then apply 1.02 patch. Then, i went to maidumptool and click on extract/decrypt content and on this first step it keep give me an error message sayin the pstv will shut down

If anybody can help me that would be cool :)

Last edited by Gogerad, Feb 16, 2018
  16. boroxs

boroxs Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Antarctica
    yes it possible, i've done it myself recently, just back up your FC maidump clear save using save manager, delete it, install the NoNpDRM version then restore your save, after that just install the SC game and it should recognize your save file

pavachan likes this.
  17. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thanks. At this point though i'm at a dead end. The problem is to figure out how the loops can be reinserted into the AT9 files. There are some SC Super Arrange mods for the PC version that consist of ogg files with loops in them. If i could just convert those including the loops to AT9. Any suggestions?

I really liked the FC Evo OST, even consider it superior to the original. It's just so sad to hear how they dropped the ball with the SC Evo OST. I think i'll end up playing with the original BGM if i won't succeed. Which is a shame because i'd really like to listen to some of the SC Evo tracks with Mizuki Mizutani's violin in-game. Goddammit.

Last edited by moonblood666, Feb 17, 2018
  18. BurnedWater

BurnedWater Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    Vietnam
    Why i can't xdelta file eboot.bin??
    it always be xdelta3: source too short: XD3_INTERNAL
    Is there any solution for this stuck ?

19. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It seems that i'll eventually get it done, the OST mod i mean. I figured how to add loops in the at9 tool and i successfully added them to the file.

Evo version replacements with fitting loops so far:

1. Fate of the Fairies

replaced by

2. Fateful Encounter

replaced by

3. Sophisticated Fight

replaced by

4. Looking up the Sky

replaced by

(this one fits surprisingly well in regards to Estelle's feeling in search for Joshua)

5. Great Awe (maybe i'll still keep the Evo version because i actually like it more)

replaced by

6. The Feeling of Dancing with the Wind (the worst contender in Evo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNhA53q97GM

replaced by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjAt3yW3ZXg (i actually think the FC Evo version is the best)

20. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    A question about making those XDELTA patches: So i extracted my data0.psarc original file, replaced the songs with the super arrangements i wanted and packed it with the Total Commander tool again. So basically i need to just point to the original file and the changed one in the create patch section of XDELTA and it creates a patch based on the changes from the original file?