[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky SC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Burai-ha

Burai-ha GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    How is it old news?

2. Stepperer

Stepperer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Soon™ ;)

3. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Sorry but I don't have any new updates to share, so the info in my last post still stands.

I've been swamped with work for the past few months and more recently I've spent what little remaining free time I've had playing Sen 4. Work has finally been slowing down recently, and I beat Sen 4, so I should be able to resume work on this patch soon.

4. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    Glad to hear you are still working on it. Thanks for not dropping it.

5. asakapa619

asakapa619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2012
    Philippines
    Do not rush them, instead BE patient and wait! like the rest of us here.

Last edited by asakapa619, Oct 20, 2018
  6. khairi92

khairi92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Malaysia
    How SEN 4? Good closure for the saga?

7. Karn86

Karn86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    I followed the instructions but afterwards I only had the menus in English. Removing eboot.bin while leaving data.psarc reverts the menus but puts everything else into English. Any help would be appreciated.

8. darkskyVN

darkskyVN Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Ôh. I know it. Sorry for my question but I only want to know more information about project, not rush them.

9. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I've put in too much effort into these 3 projects to drop the last one now, so you don't have to worry about that. Still, a lot of projects like these do get dropped unfortunately, so I understand why you would mention it.

It's good. It has some issues like being too repetitive in the middle (like Sen 2) among other things, but I liked the ending, and found it satisfying. I think Sen 3 remains my favorite among the Sen games though.

That's strange. Are you using the latest version of rePatch, 2.71 alpha (https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/tag/2.71)?

In other news, I've made good progress fixing bugs on the 3rd. I knocked out 23 bugs over the past week, bring the total number of reported bugs back down to zero. Testing is still ongoing so there will undoubtedly be more bugs found, but things are looking great so far.

Last edited by the database, Oct 26, 2018
    swosho, MoriHazama, hybrid897 and 7 others like this.
  10. Karn86

Karn86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    Yes. I updated rePatch to 2.71 alpha. The only time I get the screen when starting the game up showing version 1.1 is when I delete eboot.bin. Doing this has everything but the menus in English. If I leave eboot.bin the screen showing 1.1 doesn't show up and everything but the menus is in Japanese.

11. darkskyVN

darkskyVN Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Glad to hear this from you

12. Snigs

Snigs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to dedicate all my free time to 3rd, but it's not super conducive to my new work schedule so I make progress in bursts. I definitely want to be done with testing by the end of the month. Our most recent builds work super great, most of the stuff I've been finding is polish related. End of 2018 is our goal still :).

swosho, hybrid897, darkskyVN and 7 others like this.
  13. Dinhcongtrang

Dinhcongtrang Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Vietnam
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    You guys doing a great job. I'm hope we can get Sky 3rd Eng patch but we don't rush, so don't worry about it.

14. asakapa619

asakapa619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2012
    Philippines
    @Snigs after the 3rd chapter, what will be your next project? is it AO evo or Zero evo? and BTW thank you so much for the 1st 2nd and 3rd evo of sora no kiseki!:)

15. Dinhcongtrang

Dinhcongtrang Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Vietnam
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    It would be great if they continue with Ao Evo. Zero Evo already have Eng patch, now just have Ao Evo left.

16. Burai-ha

Burai-ha GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    Give them a break. Working on these three projects back-to-back surely wasn't easy, they are not obligated to start a new one.

17. Stepperer

Stepperer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Neither Zero, nor Ao was localized by XSEED. So the team will not work on them. It is stated in FAQ on the first page

18. Dinhcongtrang

Dinhcongtrang Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Vietnam
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Zero Evo already have Eng patch, and Ao have Eng patch on PSP version. I played Ao PSP on my Vita through Adrenaline and it's playable, so I don't mind about Ao Evo. Working on Sky Triology is a great project after all.

19. crockett8513

crockett8513 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2007
    United States
    Hi all, first off, HUGE thanks to thedatabase for all the hard work put into this project! I had no idea what I was missing out on!

Secondly, I do have a question in regards to the psarc and and repatch. They are HUGE files, and I only have so much space on my Vita. The question is, is it possible to remove the file in app\PCSG00489\gamedata or replace the files after the patched files are in rePatch\PCSG00489\gamedata, or are they both required to be on the card at the same time? That's a difference of 3.25GB of space on my card versus over 6.5GB.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

20. Dinhcongtrang

Dinhcongtrang Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Vietnam
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    I install game first, and secondly I add this file later. I will replace the old file so don't worry.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can find the link on *modsnip* It's already have a game in JP , Eng patched file( ebbot.bin) and also old OST.
    All you have to do is connect the Vita with PC, install the JP game, connect again and merge this file eboot.bin . I don't use Repatch file and it costs more than 3,2Gb.

Last edited by DinohScene, Nov 15, 2018 - Reason: Snipping out warez.