[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sabil

Sabil Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Fixed:

Attached Files:

Ariri likes this.

2. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    What is the purpose of data0.psarc in FC(and SC)? It makes up for half of the game size, but it seems like a backup or installation file to me, it would be good to save some space if possible.

I guess (?) the database is playing Sen III right now, so I'll wait for updates.

Last edited by Burai-ha, Oct 5, 2017
  3. Plutie

Plutie Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2017
    United States
    This save is for second chapter. Do you have a clear save for the first chapter?

4. Sabil

Sabil Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Here:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

data0.psarc is BGM and Movies

Attached Files:

Ariri, Plutie and Burai-ha like this.
  5. moonblood666

moonblood666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Wow it's such a bleesing to be able to play this game with VA... Thanks for you hard work...

BUT: There is something that is bothering me with the Evo version more than i thought it would. The character portraits are so much less expressive and emotive than the original PSP/PC ones.

Is there anybody who mad some kind of "old character portrait" mod for the Evo port? There has to be some way to get the old Estelle and Shera... everybody back how we got to love and know them!?

6. Stormwolf64

Stormwolf64 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2014
    Norway
    Thanks for your great work! I just completed FC, SC and third just a few months ago, but i just might start up again when the evo versions are out. Just one question, and this is an important one. Evo looks amazing, well, except for it's soundtrack. It's pretty bad compared to the original. Will it be possible to switch to the old soundtrack?

7. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Yes, actually read the OP for more information.

8. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    The OP is about the first chapter. As the soundtrack is only available as a DLC in SC, it's not sure how it's going to be handled by the patch.

9. the database
    OP

the database Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Yes, we'll provide optional patches to use the original BGM for all 3 games. For FC, you can choose the original BGM by selecting the proper eboot as described in the first post.

SC and 3rd will be handled differently since the original BGM files aren't already provided in the game. We'll provide a separate download for those that want the original BGM in the form of an xdelta patch for the data0.psarc file. We've already got this tested and working for SC.

wakabayashy, Stepperer and Burai-ha like this.
  10. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    That's very good to hear.
    We are all very thankful, as always!

11. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    sorry if this has been asked before, but are you guys also going to work on a translation for 3rd (vita)?
    because if yes, i will hold out and not play the PC version.

i prefer my vita over pc.

12. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    They will, yes.

wakabayashy and leonmagnus99 like this.
  13. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    wow that's amazing, i will totally hold out then.
    thanks for the headsup

14. moonblood666

moonblood666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I've played the Sora FC Evo patch for 10 hours on my PSTV now and holy damn is this game with voices EVEN BETTER than the PSP and PC versions. Words cannot describe how thankfull i am. I loved the original game, but i have a feeling that after i've beaten the Evo version this may be in my top 3 of best games i've ever played.

If it's not too much asked: Is there any estimation when the SC Evo patch will be released?

Last edited by moonblood666, Oct 15, 2017
    wakabayashy likes this.
  15. nkn1983

nkn1983 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2005
    Is there any way to patch the NoNpDrm version at all?

16. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    No, because the patch modifies the eboot.

17. Snigs

Snigs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    It's going to be a whiiiiiiile before we get 3rd out since we're going to want to take a break after finishing SC and 3rd is a bit more different from the first 2 games. I'd still suggest playing 3rd on PC make sure you show falcom and XSEED support for the series.

SC's taking a bit longer than expected due to the amount of crap we've found in testing... and CS III coming out. Hopefully by the end of the year, but, as I've said before, no promises since both the database and I are doing this in our spare time.

18. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    SC already by the end of the year ?
    if so then wow!

anyways no rush, thanks for the hard work!

19. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France

glad to hear this, at least you do 3rd, we'll wait :D thanks to all of you ^^