[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

2awXyXE.png

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (英雄伝説VI 空の軌跡) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Nihon Falcom. It is commonly referred to as Trails in the Sky First Chapter (英雄伝説 空の軌跡FC) to distinguish itself from the rest of the games in the Trails in the Sky series. The game is the first game in trilogy of titles, which also includes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and Trails in the Sky the 3rd, and collectively, the titles create the sixth entry in the larger The Legend of Heroes series of video games.

A redesigned version of the game titled The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution was released in Japan for the PlayStation Vita on June 11, 2015. Evolution renovated the old designs and user interface and incorporated several new features such as voice acting and animation in scenes, additional illustrations, and enhanced battle tactics.

About
This patch provides a full English patch for Trails in the Sky FC Evolution (known as Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution in Japan). It applies the XSEED translation from the PC version of Trails in the Sky (with Evolution-exclusive content translated by our team). This patch would not exist without XSEED's translation; please buy the original game to support them: [Steam] [GOG] [Humble]. Compared to the original Trails in the Sky, the Evolution version includes the following changes:
  • Fully voiced story, with over 30,000 voiced lines
  • Redone artwork with more character portraits and event images
  • Arranged soundtrack
  • Text backlog
  • Hold X to speed up battles animations, cutscenes by 4x
  • Greatly improved text font
  • UI improvements
Sample video:

Team
the database—Project lead, programming, translating, graphics, testing
Snigs—Programming, testing lead
TheQuestion1080—testing
Dan_Tsukasa—patch concept
Zander1995—troubleshooting, ideas, graphics
Ribose—helped reverse engineer some formats like the monster guide
Gu4n—save files used for testing

Known Issues
  • Text will sometimes overflow slightly past the text box (but it should never go off screen and be unreadable).
  • DLC is now supported with rePatch, but some item names and descriptions may still be in Japanese.
If you find any other bugs, please email them to Snigs at snkfcevo (dot) eng (at) gmail (dot) com, and we will probably update the patch as we work on the other games.

System Requirements
To run this translation patch, you need:
  • A PlayStation Vita or PlayStation TV running firmware version 3.60 or lower. For Vitas, buying from eBay is a good way to ensure that the version is 3.60 or lower and capable of running Henkaku, although they can be more expensive. For PSTVs, buying new on US Amazon seems to guarantee a firmware version below 3.60 and they are quite cheap at the moment.
  • A Japanese copy of Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution; physical or digital will work. It must be the Japanese version of the game, and it must be updated to the latest patch, version 1.02.
Installation (with rePatch)
Two files need to be patched: eboot.bin and data.psarc. Please ensure that your Japanese copy of Trails in the Sky FC Evolution is patched to v1.02, the latest version. The translation patch only supports the latest version.
  1. Install and enable the latest version of rePatch (2.71 alpha or later) if you do not have it already (instructions here)​
  2. Download the translation patch from the link below.​
  3. If you have the physical version of the game, you may optionally use NoNpDrm to rip the game to your Vita so that the game card isn't needed to play the game (instructions here).​
  4. Use FAGDec (download here) and do the following steps to generate a decrypted eboot.bin:
    Now run FAG Dec, select the desided game using X button and then press X button again on DECRYPT ALL(DONE). Press O to get back to main menu and press START button and select START DECRYPT(SELF) to start decrypting.​
  5. In VitaShell, copy the following files to your computer:
    ux:0/FAGDec/patch/PCSG00488/eboot.bin (if you are missing this file, make sure you installed the latest game patch, v1.02, from PSN before running FAGDec)​
  6. You will need to obtain a decrypted copy of the data.psarc file. Browse to ux0:app/PCSG00488 (for digital) or gro0:app/PCSG00488 (for physical).​
  7. Press triangle, select Open decrypted. Press SELECT to open FTP server (switch it under START key if you have USB connection chosen). You must transfer over FTP, I've confirmed transferring over USB doesn't work and still gets the encrypted file.​
  8. Using FTP client on PC, connect to vita, then copy either ux0:/app/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc (for digital) or gro0:/app/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc (for physical) to your PC.​
  9. If you've followed every step correctly so far, you should now have a decrypted eboot.bin and data.psarc on your PC, ready to patch.​
  10. Use xdelta to patch eboot.bin. Use the following settings under Apply Patch:
    Patch: eboot-originalbgm.bin or eboot-evolutionbgm.bin from the downloaded patch, depending on which soundtrack you want the patched game to use. See the FAQ below for more information.
    Source File: eboot.bin copied from your Vita.
    Output File: anywhere, use eboot.bin for the filename.​
  11. Use xdelta to patch data.psarc. Use the following settings under Apply Patch:
    Patch: data.psarc.xdelta from the downloaded patch.
    Source File: data.psarc copied from your Vita.
    Output File: anywhere, use data.psarc for the filename.​
  12. Copy the newly patched data.psarc and eboot.bin to the following locations:
    ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc
    ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/eboot.bin
  13. Close VitaShell and run the game.​

Two files need to be patched: eboot.bin and data.psarc. Please ensure that your Japanese copy of Trails in the Sky FC Evolution is patched to v1.02, the latest version. The translation patch only supports the latest version.
  1. Download the patch from the link below.
  2. Connect the Vita to your PC via USB.
  3. You will need to use MaiDumpTool to dump and install the game in the following steps.
  4. In Mai, select Extract/Decrypt content - [PCSG00488][英雄伝説 空の軌跡FC Evolution] - Extract the game and decrypt eboot (incl. suprx). This may take around 15 minutes or so.
  5. In Mai, select Extract/Decrypt content - [PCSG00488][英雄伝説 空の軌跡FC Evolution] - Extract game patch and eboot (including suprx). This may take a couple of minutes.
  6. Return to the home menu and delete the game (back up save data first if necessary).
  7. In Mai, Install game from folder - PCSG0048.
  8. In Mai, Install patch from folder - PCSG00488_patch. Sometimes this process ends in a failure message, but it seems like it can be ignored safely.
  9. With the digital copy of the game installed, open VitaShell and copy the following files to your PC:
    ux0:app/PCSG00488/eboot.bin
    ux0:app/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc
  10. Use xdelta to patch eboot.bin. Use the following settings under Apply Patch:
    Patch: eboot-originalbgm.bin.xdelta or eboot-evolutionbgm.bin.xdelta from the downloaded patch, depending on which soundtrack you want the patched game to use. See the FAQ below for more information.
    Source File: eboot.bin copied from your Vita.
    Output File: anywhere, use eboot.bin for the filename.
  11. Use xdelta to patch data.psarc. Use the following settings under Apply Patch:
    Patch: data.psarc.xdelta from the downloaded patch.
    Source File: data.psarc copied from your Vita.
    Output File: anywhere, use data.psarc for the filename.
  12. Copy the newly patched data.psarc from your PC back to ux0:app/PCSG0488/gamedata/, overriding the existing data.psarc. Copy the newly patched eboot.bin from your PC back to ux0:app/PCSG00488/, overriding the existing eboot.bin.
  13. Close VitaShell and run the game.

FAQs
  • I get an error when trying to launch the game!
    Make sure that your original game is the Japanese version of Trails in the Sky Evolution, and that it's updated to version 1.02.
  • Will you work on Trails in the Sky SC Evolution or Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution?
    Yes, they are planned eventually, but keep in mind that FC took over six months to complete. It's possible SC and 3rd won't require as much time as FC, but there's no way to tell for sure.
    Update: SC is now released (http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-trails-in-the-sky-sc-evolution-english-patch.495971/#post-7819736)
  • Will you work on Trails to Zero (Zero no Kiseki) Evolution and Trails to Azure (Ao no Kiseki) Evolution?
    Only if XSEED releases them on PC first. Again, please buy the Trails games on PC to support them and make that more likely.
  • Should I use the Original soundtrack or the Evolution soundtrack?
    I believe that the original soundtrack is superior overall, based on what I've heard myself and from what I've read online. For newcomers to the series, I highly recommend selecting the original soundtrack. For those that have played the PSP or PC version before, the Evolution version is worth trying if you want a fresh take on the soundtrack; some people do prefer it, and there are some Evolution tracks that I prefer over the originals myself. You can switch eboot.bin at any time to switch the game soundtrack, so feel free to experiment.
  • My save files disappeared and I can't save the game.
    This is a known issue with dumped games on the Vita, where you can't save after leaving the Vita on sleep for a while and then resuming. Follow these steps in order to fix.
  • Can I swap the X and O buttons (X to confirm, O to cancel)?
    Try this homebrew: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-button-swap-plugin-for-taihen.453829/
Version History
The version of the translation patch you are currently running is shown when you first load the game (it looks like this). Please make sure you are running the latest version of the translation patch.

VersionDate ReleasedRelease Notes
1.1a (Latest version)July 26, 2018Updated to support rePatch and compatibility packs. No other changes;
the version will still display 1.1 when launching the game.
1.1July 8, 2017Fixes bugs with some broken shops and a few instances of untranslated dialogue
occurring later in the game. Compared to version 1.0, only data.psarc has been modified,
so users running version 1.0 only need to update data.psarc.
1.0May 31, 2017Initial release.

Download
https://mega.nz/#!Z80mCKIQ!zAu5TUoycYvwVaW1tvR_iFgvhARDkwkFvLmC-RB2msk

Again: This patch would not exist without XSEED's translation. Please buy the original game to support them: [Steam] [GOG] [Humble]. (Especially if you want Zero/Ao no Kiseki to come to the west like us!)

Last edited by the database,

jrpgdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping the thread again. Hey the database, everything I start the physical version of Fc evolution, the screen starts black then gives an error. All other plug-ins have been disabled besides repatch

Last edited by jrpgdude,

mistvenom

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
a little bit help with eboot patching for Sora no Kiseki FC, i got an error patching the eboot.bin, but successful patching the data.psarc.
the eboot file is eboot.bin.elf right?
Post automatically merged:

a little bit help with eboot patching for Sora no Kiseki FC, i got an error patching the eboot.bin, but successful patching the data.psarc.
the eboot file is eboot.bin.elf right?
welp, nevermind, i chose the elf instead of self

Last edited by mistvenom,

Anachronte666

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, a newie here, thanks for all the people who made this translation patch possible. I have an isssue, im at Grancel and some shops are broken, the trouble shooting part says that i must download latest patch and just update my games data.psarc for fix it, I downloaded the patch and i copy the data.psarc file from my Ps vita and try to patch it with xdelta but some prompt error says: Window checksum mismatch XD3, im at a lost, im rereading the installation instructions but i dont know were to continue from. If someone read this and can help me, that will be much apretiated

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, a newie here, thanks for all the people who made this translation patch possible. I have an isssue, im at Grancel and some shops are broken, the trouble shooting part says that i must download latest patch and just update my games data.psarc for fix it, I downloaded the patch and i copy the data.psarc file from my Ps vita and try to patch it with xdelta but some prompt error says: Window checksum mismatch XD3, im at a lost, im rereading the installation instructions but i dont know were to continue from. If someone read this and can help me, that will be much apretiated

Its been a hot minute since I did this myself but are you sure you are trying to patch the files decrypted from the vita or are you just simply copying them?

Levina

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I've got the same problem with Sorbet's Ice cream shop at Grancel...

As I've already decrypted the game with MaiDump when I installed it, I tried to patch it directly with xdelta, but I had the same prompt error ("Target Window checksum mismatch : XD3_INVALID_INPUT").

So I tried to "Open decrypted" the ux0:app/PCSG00488 in VitaShell, but the option is greyed out. I searched solutions in many threads/guides/video, but nothing works (I didn't try psvpfstools because I don't understand how it works).

I tried to re-dl the whole patch 1.1a to place it in rePatch folder, but I had a black screen with only sound when I launched the game. So I put everything back as it was first, it was ok but there was sentences which were not translated anymore (mainly in the menu).
And when I replaced the existing data.psarc with the patched data.psarc, it was the same result (black screen with only sound). And when I've put everything back as it was first once again, I've still got a black screen with only sound when I launched the game, but there was also the Falcom logo this time, and when I blindly launched my save data, I could open the menu and see it, but the stats were distorted, and I could't see the equipments or the crafts.

And lastly, I tried backing up my save data on my PC, and delete the game to reinstall it. At first, without the patch, the game worked perfectly. But when I add the english patch 1.1a in rePatch folder and my save data in the savedata folder, it says that the file is corrupted when I try to launch the game... (or still black screen when I delete my savedata)

Please, what can I do ?

Last edited by Levina,

abitofbaileys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I've got the same problem with Sorbet's Ice cream shop at Grancel...

As I've already decrypted the game with MaiDump when I installed it, I tried to patch it directly with xdelta, but I had the same prompt error ("Target Window checksum mismatch : XD3_INVALID_INPUT").

So I tried to "Open decrypted" the ux0:app/PCSG00488 in VitaShell, but the option is greyed out. I searched solutions in many threads/guides/video, but nothing works (I didn't try psvpfstools because I don't understand how it works).

I tried to re-dl the whole patch 1.1a to place it in rePatch folder, but I had a black screen with only sound when I launched the game. So I put everything back as it was first, it was ok but there was sentences which were not translated anymore (mainly in the menu).
And when I replaced the existing data.psarc with the patched data.psarc, it was the same result (black screen with only sound). And when I've put everything back as it was first once again, I've still got a black screen with only sound when I launched the game, but there was also the Falcom logo this time, and when I blindly launched my save data, I could open the menu and see it, but the stats were distorted, and I could't see the equipments or the crafts.

And lastly, I tried backing up my save data on my PC, and delete the game to reinstall it. At first, without the patch, the game worked perfectly. But when I add the english patch 1.1a in rePatch folder and my save data in the savedata folder, it says that the file is corrupted when I try to launch the game... (or still black screen when I delete my savedata)

Please, what can I do ?
I have the exact same issue with the Target Window checksum mismatch : XD3_INVALID_INPUT error message and after days of trying to find a solution I am completely clueless.
Post automatically merged:

Got it working now. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Use PKG j for Vita with the respective tav files containing the JP game
  2. Download + install game, hit bubble to open the game's info / splash screen, then hit the orange "update" button with the arrow on the top left of the screen, this updates the game to 1.02. You can verify the version afterwards by going back to the bubble, hold press it, click the dots on the game and select "Information".
    You now have a playable 1.02 version of the JP game.
  3. Install rePatch and create a rePatch folder in ux0. I used Autoplugin II to install the patch directly from my Vita.
  4. Download and install FAGDec. Run FAGDec, navigate to the game's title at the bottom of the menu called 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution. Hit X, then X again. A bunch of modules will show up on the right side of the screen. Go back to FAGDec's main menu by hitting O. Then hit START and navigate to START DECRYPT(SELF) and hit X. The tool will begin working until you get a confirmation message at the bottom that it's done. Close FAGDec.
  5. Either through VitaShell's USB or FTP connection, copy ux:0/FAGDec/patch/PCSG00488/eboot.bin from your Vita to your PC. Ideally choose a folder on a partition that's easily accessible and not your OS drive, like K:/Vita/PCSG00488/ for easier navigation. Within that folder, create a subfolder called /gamedata/
    You should end up with something like this:
    K:/Vita/PCSG00488/eboot.bin and
    K:/Vita/PCSG00488/gamedata/
  6. Open VitaShell, navigate and open the folder ux0:app/. Navigate to the folder /PCSG00488/ but don't open it, instead, hit Triangle and select "Open Decrypted" from the menu instead. VitaShell will then open the folder by itself.
  7. Press START to open the Main Settings of VitaShell. Go down to the setting called "SELECT button" and press X until it says "FTP". Press START again to exit the menu.
  8. Make sure you are still in the decrypted view of the folder ux0:app/. If you are unsure, navigate up one level then reopen the folder in decrypted view as described in point 6.
  9. Press SELECT. VitaShell will show a window showing the address you can use an FTP program to connect to via the Network which both your Vita and your PC need to be connected to in order to work (WiFi or Ethernet).
  10. Via FTP client on your PC, copy ux0:/app/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc to your prepared folder K:/Vita/PCSG00488/gamedata/. This will take a while, as FTP is not fast, it will take around 20 minutes. You MUST do this with an FTP connection, not a USB connection, otherwise the copied data.psarc file will not be decrypted and xdelta will fail.
    You should end up with something like this:
    K:/Vita/PCSG00488/eboot.bin and
    K:/Vita/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc
  11. From here on, follow the instructions in the section Installation (with rePatch) on the intro post.

Last edited by abitofbaileys,
Reactions: Stepperer

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you delete the original .psarc file after you've put on the patch? It would save space.

Also, the patch has patched the menu but all the dialogue is still in japanese. What the heck?
This is where I am and super confused. Anyone ever solve this?

EDIT: Solved by just updating RePatch to RePatch Reloaded, reloading config.txt and rebooting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on