[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. vergil2012

vergil2012 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    Taken from the first post:

''If you find any other bugs, please email them to Snigs at snkfcevo (dot) eng (at) gmail (dot) com, and we will probably update the patch as we work on the other games.''

I guess contacting them directly is the better way.

2. xatzimi

xatzimi Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm glad this exists, I'll finally give this game a try (I had a friend who annoyed me to play it). I did get the patch all working, but I'm not sure what to do with the DLC? What does it mean that "the DLC is now supported with RePatch"? I'm using RePatch, and have installed the BGM option, but I don't see it in options. Is there something I need to do with RePatch?
    EDIT: I did some tweaking and I think it works fine.

Also, this is a really minor thing, but is the game launch splash art supposed to change to English?

Last edited by xatzimi, Mar 29, 2019
  3. sedef122

sedef122 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2016
    so just attempted to patch the game and while the main game text is in English menus are not...any idea on what I am doing wrong?

4. cgoetze

cgoetze Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2019
    Brazil
    Hello,
    I got the Update 1.02 and the game and stracted it with the pkg2zip.
    Is the eboot.bin (update) and data.psarc(game) inside the update and game the same that we get with FAGDec? Are they "decrypted"? If not is a way to get the decrypted files outside the vita? If not, then I do the procedure to "install" the app/ and the patch/ and after that use FAGDec, will this work?
    (NoNpDrm dumps)

Last edited by cgoetze, Mar 31, 2019
  5. Rith12

Rith12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    United States
    I am getting black screen with just music. No idea what to do now.

edit: ok fixed the black screen but clicking new game,load or option takes me to start screen. I'm so close to being done with game. Trying for days to get it to work

edit2: damn didnt realize that japanese controls were different, so I guess thats solved. Now the last problem. Everything is still in japanese!! Also the options menu said that the music is Evolution even though I patched using original bgm

Last edited by Rith12, Apr 10, 2019
  6. THE1andONLY

THE1andONLY Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2018
    United States
    I know this is only tangentially related but does anyone have a zero no kiseki evolution save file with max carry over points or at least enough points to get everything for ng+?

7. Rith12

Rith12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    United States
    Have you figured this out yet?

8. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Make sure you're running the latest version of rePatch, and also make sure that you enabled rePatch in tai/config.txt. Then double check that you copied the patched files to these locations and make sure none of the folder names have any typos:

ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc
    ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/eboot.bin

The Original BGM patch just replaces the music files, but the game doesn't see that. So the options menu will still say Evolution even with the Original BGM patch.

Last edited by the database, Apr 10, 2019
  9. Rith12

Rith12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    United States
    Yep have it just like that. I uploaded a pic of my config file and repatch folder to confirm I have repatch. Everything is still in japanese :/
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. the database
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Everything you posted looks good. Just to make sure, you did refresh taiHEN from HENkaku settings after installing rePatch? Or just restart your Vita.

11. Rith12

Rith12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    United States
    Yes did both. I even added the repatch to ur0:tai even though I use ux0 then reloaded config and rebooted device.

12. Rith12

Rith12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    United States
    any other advice?

Edit: it’s solved finally after 4 days of trying out so many various methods. I had two tai folders and I just renamed the ux0 ones to oldtai. There were three ux0 locations.

Last edited by Rith12, Apr 11, 2019
    the database likes this.
  13. Shayru

Shayru Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    France
    Hey guys so i'm coming back in the trails series and so i wanted to do these 'remasters' but i'd like to get the original music back problem is using a maidump game already patched i found on the internet i can't get the eboot file from the FAGDec as it doesn't detect the game and when i use the patched and unpatched eboot i get the same eroor : "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" so could anybody help me or maybe even pm the modified eboot file if that would still work

14. ISSO1407

ISSO1407 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I just cant get this to work, no matter how many times i start from zero and load the game/update it to 1.02/decrypt i cant press open decrypted in vitashell on data.psarc I followed the guide at least 5 times now and it always ends the same. Open is grayed out.
    EDIT: I finally got it to work, turns out im dumb and tried to press triangle on the data itself and not the folder it was inside of.

Last edited by ISSO1407, May 13, 2019
  15. MoMo11S

MoMo11S Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Netherlands
    Do I need to have a Japanese PSN account to update the game to the latest version? Or will my PAL account work just as fine?

16. VanillaSkyCrawler

VanillaSkyCrawler Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    I've been stuck on step 5 for hours. I just cannot figure out how to get the eboot.bin from VitaShell to my PC. I even skipped this step and I was able to get the data.psarc just fine.

Do I need to copy the eboot.bin from FAGDec literally on Vitashell (I've pressed triangle and tried move, copy, export media, etc., and can't find any way to actually copy to to my computer)? I also tried getting on the FTP on my laptop and looking but I can't seem to access the FAGDec folder from there. I am so frustrated :(

Edit: I ended up caving and found a prepatch and managed to get it applied to my game. Thanks so much for the translation to everyone who worked so hard on this. I own the game digitally on PSP and on Steam, and I imported it Physically for Vita, so I've given all the support I think that I can to do my part.

I imported SC and The 3rd for Vita also, but they haven't arrived yet. I'll definitely be using your patches for those as well though, and I'll finally sit down and play this trilogy that I've had backlogged for far too long!

Last edited by VanillaSkyCrawler, Jun 3, 2019
  17. SSJSonikku

SSJSonikku Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    I bought the game recently as I wanted to play another turn based rpg, and I heard that the Trails series is really good. So I was following the directions to apply the patch to play in English. I was able to apply the patch to eboot.bin and then was going to apply the same to data.psarc. When I tried to apply the patch to data.psarc I got the following message: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". What is the problem here that is preventing me from applying the patch?

18. jumpingspoon

jumpingspoon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2007
    United States
    It should update fine. My jap games update fine and I have a USA account.

If you already have the game then just find a site to download the patch itself. So hard copy of game, update it from psn, then install the patch that you found somewhere. Thats what I did with omega labyrinth and it worked fine.

19. SSJSonikku

SSJSonikku Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Forgot to mention that I bought the game physically.

Boy was I stupid for not reading step 6 carefully. I had to decrypt data.psarc in vitashell and then patch it. Ok, so I patched data.psarc with data.psarc.xdelta and was successful. I then put the 2 files in the correct rePatch folder location, but the game was not patched, still seeing Japanese main menu and in the game itself. Not sure what to do now. What else am I missing?

20. the database
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    You should check two things. First make sure the latest rePatch version is installed and enabled in tai/config.txt. Some people that had multiple tai/config.txt files had issues getting it enabled, see previous posts in this thread. Second, make sure your patched files are in the correct location:

ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/gamedata/data.psarc
    ux0:rePatch/PCSG00488/eboot.bin