[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I don't remember in detail, but the craft specific buffs/debuffs are extremely important on hard. Kloe's Kaempfer is a MUST (STR -50%, DEF -50%). This makes his S-Craft survivable and you have a nice window where you do more damage thanks to the -50% def. Also try to send Kloe to the other side of the battlefield. Generally i can't stress out enough that you should prefer craft based buffs/debuffs over spell based buffs/debuffs here. The bossfight will be very tight, but after a few retries he should be very doable. Again: Kloe's Kaempfer was my best weapon against him and i also played on hard. Another note: I'm not sure what status ailments he causes, but you need accessoiries against them (i think it was confuse that caused the most trouble for me as i couldn't cover everyone with accesoiries against it).

Last edited by moonblood666, Feb 10, 2018
  2. Svv4T

Svv4T Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    @the database:
    Thank you very much. It's working great now for both games.
    And thanks riesyukira, but I like this plugin since that's basically the only time I need to swap the X and O button.

Now, I just need to finish FC and I'll be able to enjoy SC Evo :)
    Thanks again!

3. dfgged

dfgged GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere

So I have this exactly in my config file but it's still not working for me for some reason. I tested it in SC and it works fine, as well as inside of maidump, so Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

EDIT: I finally got it working for FC, but now it's broken for SC. Im not sure whats going on with it, but apparently I can only have 1 of them with the button swap active at a time.
    EDIT2: Ok, I got both of them working in the most annoying and unnecessary way. The ALT plugins are the older v.01 button swap releases available on GitHub. I also separated the games in the config with another game in my desperation to get stuff working
    Code:
    *PCSG00488
    ur0:tai/buttonswap.suprx
    ur0:tai/buttonswapALT.suprx
    *ANOTHER GAME
    *PCSG00489
    ur0:tai/buttonswapALT.suprx
    ur0:tai/buttonswap.suprx

Last edited by dfgged, Feb 20, 2018
  4. jimkage

jimkage Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Brazil
    I heard there's a secret boss in this game how do I find it ? I just need to do a 2nd playthrough ?

5. asakapa619

asakapa619 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2012
    Philippines
    Many many thanks for the time&effort, good work! :)

6. Robbie_Haruna

Robbie_Haruna Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Canada
    Does anyone have a complete perfect BP save for FC EVO? I need one for use in the sequel, my plan was to just borrow an SC Save, but I couldn't make that work.

7. jimkage

jimkage Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Brazil
    So I decided to go back and redo stuff I haven't done when I played this game one or two months ago and I found some untranslated/missing stuff and just to clarify I'm using v 1.1 patch. Untranslated stuff New Game+ transfer stuff pop-up and Missing stuff is the books in Zeiss Library. Was this fixed ? When I load my game it clearly shows v 1.1 in the right corner. Did I go wrong somewhere ?
    2018-04-18-204233.jpg 2018-03-12-174630.jpg 2018-03-12-184628.jpg

Last edited by jimkage, Apr 19, 2018
  8. warheit

warheit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Melbourne
    any possibility to have this working with the nonpdrm version?

9. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    Just put data.psarc in rePatch/PCSG00488/gamedata/ folder and start the game. The system UI will not be translated, but at least it works and is perfectly playable.

warheit and MyLegGuy like this.
  10. warheit

warheit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Melbourne
    Thanks but I like it in full english haha. Playing the MAI version right now.

11. the database
    OP

the database Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    According to this modding guide, repatch supports mai decrypted eboot files, but it will convert the whole game to mai, so I'm not sure if there would be any benefit. The eboot contains the Japanese system text, so it has to be decrypted in order to patch the text into English. The guide does say "Proper Eboot decryption hopefully coming in the future", so feel free to post here if there are any changes on this in the future.

Burai-ha likes this.
  12. warheit

warheit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Melbourne
    Thanks! I was combing through the thread and I actually found your initial comment about nonpdrm not able to mod the eboot.

13. Ifury

Ifury Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2016
    Awesome patch, loving it so far...Thx for the hard work guys.

Last edited by Ifury, Jul 14, 2018
  14. Vivalavita

Vivalavita Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    Hi. I have a 3.67 vita TV looking into getting into the homebrew scene but am a complete noob with this stuff. All i'm really interested in is playing these Legend of Heroes games in English. Is there anyway for me to do that with what i have now or in the near future or is looking for a 3.60 vita the only option?

15. jimkage

jimkage Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Wrong place, first you need to go look for how to get homebrew stuff in your vita, this is not the place for it.
    You can start looking for h-encore, learn what your vita can do first and then you can play stuff.

16. ZinnrotRitter

ZinnrotRitter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Indonesia
    It is stated at TheRadziu's modding guide (sorry newmember can't post url link, it is the same modding guide that database had stated before) that Eboot modding is doable now, so will this eboot mod for FC will be working on NoNpDrm now?

17. Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    United States
    When I use xdelta to output another eboot.bin file I get a pop up error xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL. I'm 100% sure I got the eboot.bin file from the correct game folder but I keep getting that error.

18. Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    United States
    Do I need to change the file name for eboot-evolutionbgm.bin.delta to eboot-evolutionbgm.bin? When I download the most up to date patch and extract it the file name is the former.

19. ZinnrotRitter

ZinnrotRitter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Indonesia
    When you got that error it should be because that the eboot is not the onet that can be edited, it should be because you used the modded eboot one or maybe because you haven't updated the game yet? dunno about the last one will trigger it or not tho

20. Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    United States
    I did update the game to version 1.02.
    One thing I noticed, during steps 4 and 5 when I have to extract and decrypt from Mai, I would go through those processes but after they are done the system would try to open Trails in the Sky FC automatically with an error code. Is that supposed to happen? I am using the V233.2zEx_eng.vpk from their site and I can't update it any further.

Edit:

I don't think the Mai version mattered but I was able to get the data.psarc patched successfully. Now I just need to get this eboot issue resolved. If the eboot that I got from the vita is not the one that can be edited what am I supposed do with it? Would it be possible for someone to upload the patched bin with the evolution file for me?

Last edited by Lylat_Cruiser, Jul 23, 2018