Hacking [Release] Toukiden 2 [JP] [BLJM61344] (English patch v1.0) [PS3]

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here’s an English translation port patch for Toukiden 2 [BLJM61344] JPN which is compatible with PS3 CFW/ODE/HAN/PS3HEN enabled consoles. This patch uses the PC, PS4, and PS Vita's English assets.

What's done in the
v1.0a patch:

※ Fix PKG's install for CFW PS3's
v1.0 patch:
※ All stuff

What's not translated:
※ Game Title on the PARAM.SFO (so the English title won't appear on your recently played games, maybe just to be safe if you decided to play online)
※ Trophies are not translated (Modified trophies may get you banned, so this one is left untouched)
※ FMV misc captions (Subtitles are translated, but misc captions are hard sub) (Optional fixed FMV is also available if you want those)

Bugs:
※ Some word warp and overshooting text problems on Mitama’s Bio and Inscription Texts
※ Maybe a few minor word warp and overshooting text problems on other parts that I’ve missed

Requirements:
※ CFW/ODE/HAN/PS3HEN enabled PS3
※ Windows PC
※ Toukiden 2 [BLJM61344] Game

Link:
English patch v1.0a Patcher (71MB)

How to patch game [PC/Windows]:
1. Backup your game and save
2. Extract/Copy the contents of this English patch inside your game folder and overwrite all files if asked.
3. Run Patch_Files.bat
4. Wait for it to finish patching and verifying patched files.
5. When verification is complete without any errors, you can now copy the game to your USB or HDD.
6. Mount the game via webman/multiman/ManaGunZ/etc
7. Install the official Game Update v1.06 (via a downloaded game update or online via PS3)
8. Mount the game via webman/multiman/ManaGunZ/etc
9. Select the "Extra's" disc and install "English patch for the Game Update" & "Unlock in-game DLC's"
10. Play the game

Notes:
※ Tested the game from start to finish, but haven't tested online yet. Try on your own risk and if you plan on doing it, play the game on HAN and convert the game.
※ This patch does not modify the eboot
※ Please include this readme if your gonna re-upload this patch somewhere or planning on making a pre-patch upload, so people will know how to properly patch the game or info whats translated, bugs, and stuffs included.
※ For bug reports, just message me by googling froid_san or happydance.

Last edited by froid_san,

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
just seeing your post omg tokiden 2 eng patch? what in the world am speechless right now finally i can play a monster hunter like in English in a console thank you so much i was flowing your dragon quest builder translation project played it twice we are so blessed to have you for the community now i'm gonna be a jerk and selfish but can you concider for a patch port for dragon quest heroes for ps3? 1 or 2 just a wish from me if you can or have time for it or can we have a list for your potential port patch for ps3 games that way you can have an idea about what the community want for next? thank you and god bless you ;)

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
just seeing your post omg tokiden 2 eng patch? what in the world am speechless right now finally i can play a monster hunter like in English in a console thank you so much i was flowing your dragon quest builder translation project played it twice we are so blessed to have you for the community now i'm gonna be a jerk and selfish but can you concider for a patch port for dragon quest heroes for ps3? 1 or 2 just a wish from me if you can or have time for it or can we have a list for your potential port patch for ps3 games that way you can have an idea about what the community want for next? thank you and god bless you ;)

Both games are on my to do list for PS3 and maybe switch if I got a hackable one ;)

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
glad to hear that just take your time no rush let us forget about it and just shadow drop it my god am so exciting right now thank you sir for your hard work :grog:

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
begin playing the game yesterday thank you sir for your wonderful work but i have some questions:
1-it is possible to fix the "word warp and overshooting text problems"? if yes i can help with the fix (but i will need the tutoriel for it)
2-it is ok to install the jap dlc and did they already translated within the game?
note: i find the the mitama of ragna (from guilty gear) didn't translated and still in jap

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
glad this exists but i m surprised not more attention and passion is given into translating ps3 games that have English releases on other consoles, like yakuza 0 and monster quest heroes 2, since its relatively easy and makes the games more accessible to thousands more people.
although its a shame that this game looks like PS2 game and the PS4 version looks like a ps3 game, almost like a deliberate sabotage to make people buy a ps4

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
glad this exists but i m surprised not more attention and passion is given into translating ps3 games that have English releases on other consoles, like yakuza 0 and monster quest heroes 2, since its relatively easy and makes the games more accessible to thousands more people.
although its a shame that this game looks like PS2 game and the PS4 version looks like a ps3 game, almost like a deliberate sabotage to make people buy a ps4

that's unfortunately right I don't know why they didn't interested to port games from other consoles to ps3? I found its easy than translate a game from scratch and about yakuza we have 2 projects so promising my friend : kinzan and ishin full translation maybe we will see kinzan this year or the beginning of next year.

Reactions: Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
so i played this for a while, looks better than the video implies, a couple of nitpicks:
- the game's SFO still has the game title in japanese, i easily fixed that with a hex editor.
- the last Mitama DLC text is not translated into english.
other than that great job, very much appreciated

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unrelated but as a very recent ps3 eng patch, i assume you touched some cpk files right? how the hell do i repack ps3 cpk files? tried a few programs a hundred ways to no avail. would greatly appricate help.

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i finished the game. and now i am continuing chapter 3 of dragon quest builders, also patched by you, thanks for all the great work keeping the ps3 alive, if you re interested can you try to english patch yakuza 0, i hope you ll try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16