Hacking [Release] Titlekey site backup and self-hosting tool

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got kind of bored today and decided to kill some time. I started thinking about how the titlekey site is always going down and what would happen if it went down for good. What if you could just backup the necessary components of the titlekey site and self-host it on your computer, then point NUS downloaders like FunKiiU and FunKii-UI to your local IP address instead? That's exactly what this tool does. It is a Python tool that will create a backup of the online titlekey site and self-host it. When it's all backed up it only uses about 4 Mb of disk space, including the tool itself. I've only tested this with FunKii-UI but I imagine it would work with USBHelper too if you modified your hosts file to redirect to your local IP address. I can't be sure though because I don't use USBHelper. I thought it might be useful for some people so I wanted to share it. Each time you run the file backup_keysite.py it will check for and download anything that is missing from your local backup. This does not create an actual 1:1 clone of the titlekey site but instead downloads the necessary components to function with these NUS downloaders.

You will need Python 2.7 or Python 3.x to use this tool.

Download here: https://github.com/dojafoja/Backup-Titlekey-Site

Usage is contained in the Readme

If you find this tool to be useful, great! If not, that's fine!

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you! backup_whatevertherestofthefilenameis.py is working great on ubuntu, however, i am having this issue with server.py:

user@nowhere:~/Backup-Titlekey-Site-master$ python server.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "server.py", line 40, in <module>
server, serv_info = create_server()
File "server.py", line 30, in create_server
server = HTTPServer((get_ip_address(), 8000), HandlerClass)
File "server.py", line 19, in get_ip_address
ip = commands.getoutput("hostname -I")
NameError: global name 'commands' is not defined

Last edited by Spadezilla,

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you! backup_whatevertherestofthefilenameis.py is working great on ubuntu, however, i am having this issue with server.py:

user@nowhere:~/Backup-Titlekey-Site-master$ python server.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "server.py", line 40, in <module>
server, serv_info = create_server()
File "server.py", line 30, in create_server
server = HTTPServer((get_ip_address(), 8000), HandlerClass)
File "server.py", line 19, in get_ip_address
ip = commands.getoutput("hostname -I")
NameError: global name 'commands' is not defined
Shit man you are right! I used a non-woking version of server.py, I can't believe I included that one lol. Try redownloading and trying again. Should be working now.

Reactions: Spadezilla

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended