Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have just migrated from CBHC to Tiramisu, thank you!
Just a question, are there any aditional modules besides Bloopair?

Skindredas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Because some homebrew of forwarders use their own exploits and this may conflict with tiramisu.
Try to remove 50_hbl_installer.rpx file from modules on SD card and post the results.
Well removing it helps , retroarch starts to work, but then i have another problem, that mii maker does not boot into hbl.... Is there a way to fix retroarch channel properly?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well removing it helps , retroarch starts to work, but then i have another problem, that mii maker does not boot into hbl.... Is there a way to fix retroarch channel properly?
The creator of the retroarch channels would need to update it to not contains any exploits

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello here !
So i finally set up Tiramisu, autobooted, etc. Everything seems to work, thank you @Maschell
Still, i have a few questions:
- my WiiU is still in 5.5.1. Everything used to work while using Haxchi so i'm not worry. Could it be interesting to update anyway, for the future ?
- Nintendo always ask me to enter my Nintendo ID password. Is it risky to do that ? Do i have to deactivate my internet connection ?
- i had a forwarder in my WiiU menu leading to USB Loader GX in vWii mode.
It seems to not work anymore, giving me a blue screen. I deleted that 50_hbl...rpx but still blue screen. The USB Loader channel still works while in vWii menu. Any hint ?
Thank you for all your work !

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it risky to do that ?
No. You can even play pirated games online xD

Do i have to deactivate my internet connection ?
Also no.

Could it be interesting to update anyway, for the future ?
You can update. But this is not really necessary.

Forwarders doesn't work properly with tiramisu iirc. So, you have to boot into the vwii to start the usb loader. Or inject the Wii games that they appear in your wii u home menu.

Reactions: jeannotte

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
i had a forwarder in my WiiU menu leading to USB Loader GX in vWii mode. It seems to not work anymore, giving me a blue screen. I deleted that 50_hbl...rpx but still blue screen. The USB Loader channel still works while in vWii menu. Any hint ?
Hi MockyLock

This WiiU Forwarder to the vWii forwarder for USBLGX worked for me:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

for the vWii Forwarder i used the UNEO Forwarder V 5.1 from here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/

i had to reinstall/do a redump of USBLGX on the SD-Card before it worked. More details of my odyssey till it was working you will find here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/post-9730164

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the usb loader gx forwarder from the wii u, which I think is hbl2hbc method, works for me as well. I think you need to update tiramisu in order for it to work though, because the first build didn't allow the hbl to launch without deleted the hbl rpx from the modules folder. it now works without having to do that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell , I finally got quick menu to boot games from the external hdd. what I had to do was wait a couple seconds after turning the system on. I'm not sure if that's the correct procedure rather than just immediately pressing the game icon before the dvd drive even initializes.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi MockyLock

This WiiU Forwarder to the vWii forwarder for USBLGX worked for me:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

for the vWii Forwarder i used the UNEO Forwarder V 5.1 from here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/

i had to reinstall/do a redump of USBLGX on the SD-Card before it worked. More details of my odyssey till it was working you will find here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/post-9730164
Thank you for your help. I'll look into it this afternoon.
IIRC, i'm pretty sure it was my setting already (UNEO Forwarder, etc..)
Maybe reinstalling USBLGX on the SD card will help.
I'll let you know !

Skindredas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
The creator of the retroarch channels would need to update it to not contains any exploits
Thanks for reply, i really like your and garys work, thank you so much. Tiramisu works like a charm, only problem is forwarders, but i understand that they are using outdated hacks..

@Maschell may I ask you if you plan to make more .rpx launchers on tiramisu?
I really like Wii U HBL, vWii,vWii HBL booting while holding (+) button, maybe its possible to add more .rpx to its list?

But for now, i have no problem launching retroarch via mii maker (hbl).

Also What I wanted to mention that Nusspili,wup installer gx forwarders work fine with tiramisu, and vWii launchers of Nintendont,Wii64 work fine as well with Tiramisu.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reply, i really like your and garys work, thank you so much. Tiramisu works like a charm, only problem is forwarders, but i understand that they are using outdated hacks..

@Maschell may I ask you if you plan to make more .rpx launchers on tiramisu?
I really like Wii U HBL, vWii,vWii HBL booting while holding (+) button, maybe its possible to add more .rpx to its list?

But for now, i have no problem launching retroarch via mii maker (hbl).

Also What I wanted to mention that Nusspili,wup installer gx forwarders work fine with tiramisu, and vWii launchers of Nintendont,Wii64 work fine as well with Tiramisu.
Forwarders working here. Delete 50_hbl_installer.rpx in - sd:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx. Then install wupgx2_install_channel_v1.3_rev21 and homebrew_launcher_channel.v2.1 forwarder.

You get to keep hombrew channel on wiiu menu + forwarders work now.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Forwarders working here. Delete 50_hbl_installer.rpx in - sd:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx. Then install wupgx2_install_channel_v1.3_rev21 and homebrew_launcher_channel.v2.1 forwarder.
Why do you think WUP Installer Channel is a forwarder? It isn't:
  • A channel is a homebrew packed just like a Wii U game. So a channel contains the homebrew and does not forward.
  • A forwarder loads another homebrew (from the SD card).

Simplified speaking the issue with forwarders is that in the past one exploited IOSU to load other homebrews. With Tiramisu you should no longer do that / there are better ways to do the same and exploiting IOSU will crash as 50_hbl_installer.rpx already did the same, so you're not exploiting IOSU but Tiramisu.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think WUP Installer Channel is a forwarder? It isn't:
  • A channel is a homebrew packed just like a Wii U game. So a channel contains the homebrew and does not forward.
  • A forwarder loads another homebrew (from the SD card).

Simplified speaking the issue with forwarders is that in the past one exploited IOSU to load other homebrews. With Tiramisu you should no longer do that / there are better ways to do the same and exploiting IOSU will crash as 50_hbl_installer.rpx already did the same, so you're not exploiting IOSU but Tiramisu.
I never said it was a forwarder but forwarders are working install like I described and all good. I did say HBL forwarder though. Thanks for the technicality.

so :
install app: wupgx2_install_channel_v1.3_rev21
install forwarder: homebrew_launcher_channel.v2.1 (make sure to have HBL files on sd in right location)

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About my USB Loader GX issue :
So i read again the whole thread, and i ust admit i'm getting lost now.

What i am pretty sure is that i will reinstall the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file.

Then, i think that the USB Loader GX forwarder channel linked a few post above is the one i installed when using Haxchi.

The vWii forwarder (UNEO) is already working once in vWii channel.

How can I check if the version (of both WiiU and vWii forwarders) installed on my WiiU are the good ones ?

EDIT : it may sound a bit "rude" ta ask this way, but could anyone, with the correct development set up, try to build for me the USB Loader GX UNEO wubh from this link https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii ?
Thanks in advance for anyone willing ot !

Last edited by MockyLock,

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
About my USB Loader GX issue :
So i read again the whole thread, and i ust admit i'm getting lost now.

What i am pretty sure is that i will reinstall the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file.

Then, i think that the USB Loader GX forwarder channel linked a few post above is the one i installed when using Haxchi.

The vWii forwarder (UNEO) is already working once in vWii channel.

How can I check if the version (of both WiiU and vWii forwarders) installed on my WiiU are the good ones ?
Sorry i don't know that. The WiiU hdd on which the WiiU forwarder should be installed wont be recognized by any PC. So there's no easy way do look for files/data on it... Just uninstall and reinstalling the forwarder will be easier and faster i guess... I mean it takes less than 5 min, even if you do it with both forwarders.

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some difficulty getting it to autoboot to Tiramisu. When I go to Boot Options, it gives me this error message:

"Sorry, your system.xml file has not yet been tested with this tool. Boot options cannot be modified."

But checking the system is required to even get to the Boot options selection, so I can't figure out what is wrong here. This is a fresh install with files I downloaded from the official site just an hour ago.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some difficulty getting it to autoboot to Tiramisu. When I go to Boot Options, it gives me this error message:

"Sorry, your system.xml file has not yet been tested with this tool. Boot options cannot be modified."

But checking the system is required to even get to the Boot options selection, so I can't figure out what is wrong here. This is a fresh install with files I downloaded from the official site just an hour ago.
are you using cbhc?

Reactions: ArgoRV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛