Germany
Reactions: jeannotte

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, moved from cbhc to tiramisu and all is working great.

Now i have realised i am on 5.5.4 rather than the newest 5.5.5.
Could i upgrade and keep tiramisu autoboot?

thx pOpY
You would need to disable autoboot before you can update your system. After updating you can enable autobooting again
Yes but @Maschell blocked updates pretty good... Not 100% sure but IIRC how to do firmware updates is to turn off the Wii U, remove the SD card, turn the Wii U back on, do the update, then power off again and reinsert the SD card.
Updates are blocked when no SD card is inserted as long as you still coldboot

Updates are ONLY (safely) blocked when you autoboot into the PayloadLoader and only if you boot into an environment which contains the correct mocha version (Tiramisu and installer are fine). When no sd card is not inserted will also be blocked (but only when actually coldbooting).

Last edited by Maschell,
Reactions: popy

NipRing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What tool did you use for that? If not already used please try http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm with 32k allocation unit size. Also see https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/common-issues-fixes?id=haxchi-common-errors

Trust the developers.
This is the exact tool i used to reformat. I am taking no chances, i'm following the instructions to the letter. Attempting the install again, at the exploit I get the "please insert fat 32 formatted sd card" message.
The common error/fixes are listed for haxchi, which i uninstalled before tiramisu.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Failed to load sd:wiiu/payload.elf
Check first if your system can recognize the SD Card
Do you have Homebrew Launcher Channel installed ? >> Open it and check if you can see the homebrew apps
Can you open Mii Maker > Save Mii to your SD Card

If you can do the things above, then the problem is not the SD, but the payload files. Redownload the Tiramisu package and overwrite

NipRing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too lazy to read them and so wrongly assuming they are Haxchi only? Let me quote:

And I'm out now as you clearly want no help.
I'm not too lazy. I've been using emulators, jailbreaks, hacks, mod chips, etc for almost 20 years. I do want help and I'm not trying to be difficult. I appreciate yours or anyone else's help, i just don't know where the error is coming from. The top of the common issues page states haxchi errors and browser errors. I've read them all, however, none apply to my situation. I tried several different sd cards, formatted using the GUI format software program to the correct allocation, and I've downloaded the most up-to-date files, as recommended by the official guide. I've also tried several different adapters, in case any were corrupt. I cannot get into the environment loader because it says "failed to load sd:/wiiu/payload.elf" at boot up, while holding X. It says the same thing when I try to go into the environment loader through the health and safety app (where I would need to go to uninstall tiramisu before I can attempt a fresh install). And then, when trying a fresh install anyway, the wiiuexploit.xyz will not go through. While holding B, it tells me "FSGetMount Source Failed". And I have been using compressed canned electronics air to blowout the sd port and cards before I attempt and results are always the same. I am stuck in a loop of can't go forward or backward. Please send help.

Schmeerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too lazy. I've been using emulators, jailbreaks, hacks, mod chips, etc for almost 20 years. I do want help and I'm not trying to be difficult. I appreciate yours or anyone else's help, i just don't know where the error is coming from. The top of the common issues page states haxchi errors and browser errors. I've read them all, however, none apply to my situation. I tried several different sd cards, formatted using the GUI format software program to the correct allocation, and I've downloaded the most up-to-date files, as recommended by the official guide. I've also tried several different adapters, in case any were corrupt. I cannot get into the environment loader because it says "failed to load sd:/wiiu/payload.elf" at boot up, while holding X. It says the same thing when I try to go into the environment loader through the health and safety app (where I would need to go to uninstall tiramisu before I can attempt a fresh install). And then, when trying a fresh install anyway, the wiiuexploit.xyz will not go through. While holding B, it tells me "FSGetMount Source Failed". And I have been using compressed canned electronics air to blowout the sd port and cards before I attempt and results are always the same. I am stuck in a loop of can't go forward or backward. Please send help.
Try going to vWii mode and see if it recognizes the SD card. All those errors are what happens when there is no SD card. Maybe something is wrong with the slot?

Reactions: AQS and ArgoRV

NipRing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going to vWii mode and see if it recognizes the SD card. All those errors are what happens when there is no SD card. Maybe something is wrong with the slot?
I think you are right. I did what you said and the sd card did not show. Any suggestions on how to replace the sd card? I found the part but I cannot find many instructions on how to replace it correctly. I'm sure I can stumble through it but if someone has a direct link, that would be very helpful. TIA!

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think you are right. I did what you said and the sd card did not show. Any suggestions on how to replace the sd card? I found the part but I cannot find many instructions on how to replace it correctly. I'm sure I can stumble through it but if someone has a direct link, that would be very helpful. TIA!
before going that way try to reformat or try another SD card, can be lower capacity (just to try)

NipRing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before going that way try to reformat or try another SD card, can be lower capacity (just to try)
Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate all of the help. I've tried several different sd cards and adapters and I keep getting the same results. I'm pretty sure the slot is not working anymore.

Schmeerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In vWii again try holding the SD card pushed in and see if it shows up. Like at the bottom of the spring loaded mechanism. I had a weird issue with mine catching funny and would only work when pushed in. I could tell because the cover flap would catch on the card like it wasn’t all the way in. Wiggling made it release and now it goes all the way in when it clicks. I switched to MicroSD and adapter and will never take out the adapter just in case. But some people had to wedge something in to hold it on the original Wii.

Reactions: AQS

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I need to uninstall Hacxi/Mocha or any unlocking method I use on my Wii U from my Wii U to install Tiramisu?

Any risk for brick ?

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You would need to disable autoboot before you can update your system. After updating you can enable autobooting again

Updates are blocked when no SD card is inserted as long as you still coldboot

Updates are ONLY (safely) blocked when you autoboot into the PayloadLoader and only if you boot into an environment which contains the correct mocha version (Tiramisu and installer are fine). When no sd card is not inserted will also be blocked (but only when actually coldbooting).
thanks a lot.

Just to be sure.
To update with tiramisu do the following:

Can you please confirm?
Just dont want to brick anything.

PS.: if that's correct, would be nice if that information will go into OP/guide...

thx

Last edited by popy,
Reactions: ArgoRV

rootslol

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Je pense que tu as raison. J'ai fait ce que vous avez dit et la carte SD ne s'affiche pas. Des suggestions sur la façon de remplacer la carte SD? J'ai trouvé la pièce mais je ne trouve pas beaucoup d'instructions sur la façon de la remplacer correctement. Je suis sûr que je peux trébucher dessus, mais si quelqu'un a un lien direct, ce serait très utile. TIA

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i moved from IOSUHAX to Tiramisu, most things works fine, but i think i forgot to install the sigpatches cause they were in the wrong folder (got the " verify wup files are correct & complete. dlc/e-shop require sig patch" message")
. Is there a way to install the sigpatches afterwards? The file ist now in the rigt folder, but there is nothing different and i got the message again.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to install the sigpatches afterwards? The file ist now in the rigt folder, but there is nothing different and i got the message again.
Installing them afterwards is as simple as putting the file into the right folder. Note the first part of the error message through: "verify wup files are correct & complete". That means your dump could be corrupted, so try to redump.

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @Maschell is there any .rpx module for the swipswapme app? I would like it to also autostart in the same way that other apps already do (bloopair), if the answer is no, what would be the best way to do it.
I appreciate your answer

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around and set this up. Just wondering, was this updated since it’s release because I downloaded tiramisu when it was released. Also unless I missed something which I think I did right now, when I launch anything from my the homebrew launcher, it freezes, the app doesn’t finish loading the selected file. The homebrew launcher is on my home menu and I had it installed since before this was released. Trying to download games using NUSspli because I want my quick menu to show games that are on my hard drive, so I can see if my hard drive is compatible with this from the quick start menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello