Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Not without breaking compatibilty with other homebrew. Aroma will have proper support for coldbooting into padcon though

Decisions... Padcon is pretty awesome even though autoboot means the Wii Us startup time is immense.

Great start though, interesting to see how it evolves. What would be involved in going from Tiramisu to Aroma when its released? Are they working on the same underlying processes?

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Paper Mario Color Splash doesn't boot for me (is stuck on that boot screen). Does anyone have this problem? I'm on the lastest version btw.

Reactions: geoGolem

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Paper Mario Color Splash doesn't boot for me (is stuck on that boot screen). Does anyone have this problem? I'm on the lastest version btw.

same thing happening for me here.. haven' tried any other games yet.. the splash screen for paper mario is just there.. the music keeps looping for the splash screen.

Reactions: dragon12

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

same thing happening for me here.. haven' tried any other games yet.. the splash screen for paper mario is just there.. the music keeps looping for the splash screen.

just tested the game. same thing happens to me.

finnblue8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting the same error 199-9999 when trying to launch a Wii VC injection after I thought I had Tiramisu setup for autoboot with sig patches. It turns out I missed the last section of the guide. I would be sure you follow the Autobooting Tiramisu section of the guide AND the Finalizing Setup section.

Just updated Tiramisu today and then reinstalled pretty much everything from scratch because I was having trouble accessing the installer payload (my fault -- I deleted stuff it needed on accident). I know I followed both those pages to the letter the first time around because everything it told me to do was already done. I've been booting into a PayloadLoader-injected Health and Safety on boot. I can confirm signature patches are present doing this because I can launch all my other forwarders, and when I remove the SD card and force a normal boot every homebrew app crashes the system with 199-9999 as expected. When I autoboot Tiramisu the only forwarder that ever crashes the console is the one for USB Loader GX.

I thought the permissions changes related to the kernel in the latest update might have fixed this, but unfortunately they have not. A full run-through of the entire guide from start to finish with fresh files from the latest update results in the same behavior as before -- signature patches indeed present because all other forwarders work without incident, but for whatever reason launching the ULGX forwarder guarantees a 199-9999 crash every time.

Last edited by finnblue8,

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

just tested the game. same thing happens to me.

I tried several games and the only one giving me an issue is Paper Mario Color Splash as you describe. I did a quick GOOGLE search and found this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/paper-mario-color-splash-hangs-when-using-hidtovpad.558991/

I'm not sure if it's related but thought I would share what I found anyway. (for me personall i am using gamepad and never did anything with hidtovpad - but maybe tarimasu does - though i dont think so) ... I'll try and get my disc out and launch from disc tomorrow (right now I am launching from HDD and disc a pain to get at)... i guess if worse comes to worse, i can just remove the SD card and always play that game from disc (i would imagine that would work since it is just using regular wii u menu but not sure)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried several games and the only one giving me an issue is Paper Mario Color Splash as you describe. I did a quick GOOGLE search and found this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/paper-mario-color-splash-hangs-when-using-hidtovpad.558991/

I'm not sure if it's related but thought I would share what I found anyway. (for me personall i am using gamepad and never did anything with hidtovpad - but maybe tarimasu does - though i dont think so) ... I'll try and get my disc out and launch from disc tomorrow (right now I am launching from HDD and disc a pain to get at)... i guess if worse comes to worse, i can just remove the SD card and always play that game from disc (i would imagine that would work since it is just using regular wii u menu but not sure)
I tried removing bloopair, thinking that was it based on that thread, but it still did the same thing.

Reactions: geoGolem

dm123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried removing bloopair, thinking that was it based on that thread, but it still did the same thing.
I think it's caused by the 050_hbl_installer.rpx, since after removing that hbl_installer, issue will gone.

BTW, iirc with the first installed version, I tried booting the console without sd card and the console will not be able to boot up,
but with the latest version, it just shows a message indicate payload not found and boots up with default wiiu menu.
If I understand correctly, feel like something in the wiiu sysnand got updated implicitly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's caused by the 050_hbl_installer.rpx, since after removing that hbl_installer, issue will gone.

BTW, iirc with the first installed version, I tried booting the console without sd card and the console will not be able to boot up,
but with the latest version, it just shows a message indicate payload not found and boots up with default wiiu menu.
If I understand correctly, feel like something in the wiiu sysnand got updated implicitly.
alright, that worked. :D already backed up my sd card to my pc, so I don't need that hbl module atm. I have the homebrew launcher installed anyway, so I only need the module if there's a problem with my system. ;)

Reactions: ZipMartin

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

alright, that worked. :D already backed up my sd card to my pc, so I don't need that hbl module atm. I have the homebrew launcher installed anyway, so I only need the module if there's a problem with my system. ;)

What is the purpose of that 50_hbl_installer.rpx? and can i just delete the file --> is it only there to install hbl the first time and unneeded afterwards?

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- MochaPayload: Patch CheckTitleLaunch to ignore gamepad check, this allows to launch titles that normally require a gamepad
- HBLInstallerWrapper: Patch ACPGetTitleMetaXmlByDevice of the HomeMenu proccess to allow coldbooting into the homebrew_launcher without a gamepad

Think it's for the hbl on mii maker and when booting up.

I am guessing this is the problem in the latest version...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/paper-mario-color-splash-hangs-when-using-hidtovpad.558991/

Last edited by geoGolem,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr