Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
A bit of a bizzare question but is it possible we could get a tiramisu updater at all I mean overtime I've noticed certain modules etc... Need to be updated due to fixes etc...
If this is possible it would be awesome and a big Win for Tiramisu. Also last thing is there a fix or anything for having a homebrew channel as I had it installed and it doesn't like certain apps like NUSspli which crashes out but if I launch Miimaker to enter Homebrew Channel the app seems fine.

Not sure if this has been reported or not

Lynx64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there a fix or anything for having a homebrew channel as I had it installed and it doesn't like certain apps like NUSspli which crashes out but if I launch Miimaker to enter Homebrew Channel the app seems fine
Have you tried deleting hbl_installer.rpx from the tiramisu setup directory on the SD card?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The webpage which provides the downloads seems to be partially malfunctioning.
The 'standard' tiramisu bundle is offered OK. However, when you want the full bundle and select all available components, a 500 internal server error is shown.

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The webpage which provides the downloads seems to be partially malfunctioning.
The 'standard' tiramisu bundle is offered OK. However, when you want the full bundle and select all available components, a 500 internal server error is shown.
That's because it hits the maximum file size limit, Download it without bloopair and then download bloopair in a separate zip (https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/api/download?packages=bloopair)

Reactions: ber71

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This seems interesting, but I have a few questions.

1. What's the benefits of this over Haxchi?
2. Will this require reinstalling all games anew (like those on external HDD)?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
What's the benefits of this over Haxchi?
Doesn't need a ds vc game (means, it is for free :P)

Will this require reinstalling all games anew (like those on external HDD)?
No. If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, saves, NNID, etc, will be preserved).

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doesn't need a ds vc game (means, it is for free :P)

No. If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, saves, NNID, etc, will be preserved).
Thank you.
So if I already have Haxchi installed, there's no actual benefit from switching to Tiramisu?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
So if I already have Haxchi installed, there's no actual benefit from switching to Tiramisu?
I guess it's coldboot, no risk, and the ability to start up with plugins, like bloopair. it's a precursor to aroma, which will be the ultimate in wii u hacks.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you.
In the end, you have to decide that for yourself. If you currently have Haxchi, and everything works as it should, then you can continue to use it. However, keep in mind that future homebrew apps will be adapted to the new environment (for the case they will be updated of course). That means you'll be stuck with the outdated tools.

You won't be able to use Bloopair anymore (just the outdated version). Plugins will not work with the coldboot. But if you have a "virgin" Wii U in front of you anyway, you might as well start with Tiramisu.

Reactions: jeannotte

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I'm making the jump now. Deleted the Haxchi app from data management and followed the guide.
However it just throws a message saying - Insert FAT32 formatted sdcard. It's a brand new card I formatted and copied the content over, from the other card.

Do I need to re-setup my card again? I've got so much on it, like cheats and configs and more...

Edit:
Deleting everything but the Tiramisu files works. Sadly this means I'll loose everything I had.

Last edited by Flaya,

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Flaya
Is the card bigger than 32gb? Then you can't format it via windows with fat32. You need external tools like guiformat for that.
It's a 32Gb card. I've used sdformattergui and is verified to work.

I can do nand dump, but every time I run the exploit to get into environment launcher, it throws that error.

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I finally managed to make it work.
My WiiU is on the latest FW.
I used u.wiidb.de to run the exploit and it worked great.

Now to make sure all my stuff runs as usual.

Question tho..
When I use autobot, it always pips the message about not connecting/disconnecting usb devices powered on.
I have an external drive hooked up all the time so it shouldn't pop up.
Why is this? Should i have concerns about it wrecking my drive?
Can a fix be implemented?

Last edited by Flaya,

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Seems i found a solution to the USB device message.

Didn't have quick start active, nor standby features or auto shutdown. Activated quick start and deactivated it again. Haven't seen the message since.

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After installing, I had a go at uninstalling just to see how it works and what steps were needed to do it.

On reinstalling tiramisu, I had to re-format the external drive as it didn't show up. Anyone else had this issue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally deleted the homebrew launcher channel, since it had issues with rpx if the one from setup was present. Now only using mii maker one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1