Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I finally jumped into tiramisu. Great, great work here. Two points, however.

I didn't use the online exploit but an existing indexiine installation. Everything worked as expected. I don't see any reason to recommended uninstalling indexiine to install tiramisu. Maybe later.

For an unrelated reason, I've set vWii as the boot target. The weird thing is that when I select the return to wiiu channel, it briefly shows the wiiu screen but immediately bounces back to the vWii, so yeah. Perhaps tiramisu could detect if we're coming from the vwii to avoid pressing the + button to temporarily select wiiu mode.

Reactions: ArgoRV

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thanks, I did see that but none of that either helped or applied to this situation.
I ran NUSspli and installed the SWKDB (software keyboard) and with that it fixed my whole issue, I also reinstalled some titles like Friend List that when checking players I've played with would crash the console in the same manner.

That's all I did. NUSspli is a very useful tool. Tiramisu and NUSspli saved my day.

Also if you can't install Tiramisu I'd suggest to open the bookmarks for google and search the haxx page that way you can access it and install Tiramisu and you'll be all set

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So just tell how you fixed it, then wait for @GaryOderNichts to help with the entry point (AFAIK it needs a patched PayloadLoaderInstaller.rpx).
What I did to install Tiramisu through bluubomb:
1. Setup bluubomb with the "loadrpx.bin"
2. Download all of the Tiramisu files and extract them to the SD Card
3. Copy the "root.rpx" (PayloadFromRPX) from the "wiiu" folder to the root of the SD Card and rename it to "launch.rpx"
5. Run bluubomb
6. Now launch any title and you should boot into the Environment Loader
7. Select the "install" environment to install the PayloadLoader

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I finally jumped into tiramisu. Great, great work here. Two points, however.

I didn't use the online exploit but an existing indexiine installation. Everything worked as expected. I don't see any reason to recommended uninstalling indexiine to install tiramisu. Maybe later.

For an unrelated reason, I've set vWii as the boot target. The weird thing is that when I select the return to wiiu channel, it briefly shows the wiiu screen but immediately bounces back to the vWii, so yeah. Perhaps tiramisu could detect if we're coming from the vwii to avoid pressing the + button to temporarily select wiiu mode.
Same thing here. I did set it to start into Homebrew Launcher at first start, but whenever i enter the system settings, vWii, or some other apps, it boot again into HBL because it loads again the Tiramisu boot options.

For my mental health, I ended up choosing WiiU Menu again

Reactions: ber71

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced mocha with tiramisu. I keep setting tiramisu and the Wii U Home Menu as autoboot but when I turn on the console it keeps going to the Environment Loader. Is there something I'm not getting correct?

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I replaced mocha with tiramisu. I keep setting tiramisu and the Wii U Home Menu as autoboot but when I turn on the console it keeps going to the Environment Loader. Is there something I'm not getting correct?
On environment loader, remember to highlight Tiramisu with Y Button to set it as default

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did to install Tiramisu through bluubomb:
1. Setup bluubomb with the "loadrpx.bin"
2. Download all of the Tiramisu files and extract them to the SD Card
3. Copy the "root.rpx" (PayloadFromRPX) in the "wiiu" folder to the root of the SD Card and rename it to "launch.rpx"
4. Copy the "PayloadLoaderInstaller.wuhb" from the attached zip to the "wiiu/apps" folder and overwrite the existing one (this one flushes the cache after the installation which is needed for bluubomb)
5. Run bluubomb
6. Now launch the web browser (the web browser has codegen access which is needed for the gx2sploit), and you should boot into the Environment Loader
7. Select the install environment to install the PayloadLoader
8. Since the console won't power off properly after the installation (due to bluubomb), hold down the power button on the console
It worked! now i'll try to do this with a Wii U that doesnt have a gamepad to see what happens...

Reactions: ArgoRV

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be possible, all app have full sd card permission
That's strange. I tried using a cheat file to be used with DuckTales Remastered, but it always gets stuck at the game's banner. This only happens when trying to load a code from SD. I got the code from here, and converted it to .gctu with JGeckoU.

Last edited by MushGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.