Homebrew [Release] TinyFormat

javiMaD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TinyFormat is a small utility to format Sys/EmuNAND using FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem but without formating your SD card.

You can format SysNAND or EmuNAND without internet connection/format SD.
Very useful to unlink SysNAND or EmuNAND.

More info about FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_Settings (System Format)
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem

WARNING!
Use it at your own risk.
3DS initial setup will delete MSET exploit.

Download: https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases
Source: https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat

Last edited by javiMaD,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
good release, thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you have put the same link for the source :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Be careful doing this with when you have modded system titles, especially 2DS with 4x mset.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-2ds.390964/

Basically, because the 4x mset doesn't know that the 2ds exists (2ds's started on 6.0), it expects you to be able to adjust the 3d slider during the system setup (which follows a system restore). Obviously, the 2ds has no such switch, so you can't advance and you therefore have a soft brick.

The solution is simple, always system restore with GW, not mset.

There could also be restore issues on any system that's had system titles altered. My nand modded original 3ds, for instance, would just hang after system restore begun. This was because I upgraded and downgraded a few apps. Never use mset system restore if it can be avoided, use GW's with a trusted backup nand image.

Reactions: cearp

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I knew about this a couple of days ago. But using the method I tried... I just discovered a rather nice side effect. I deleted the Act module save and NNID settings so I could access the e-shop on my O3DS (NNID was already transferred to N3DS, but I flashed the firmware back from before the transfer to keep all of the games on it).

What I just found out was that the tickets obviously have no NNID info whatsoever. I hit A on an empty slot of Mii Plaza, and it said that it noticed I had already purchased, and took me to the eshop, where I downloaded it again. How weird is that? Again, I just redownloaded it from the eshop, on a system that no longer has my NNID...

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, neat. So this would effectively reset an existing EmuNAND partition, then? As for the issues with formatting sysNAND with modified titles, I wonder if/how that would apply to an AGB_FIRM modification I've done. I could probably just use 3DNUS to grab the original AGB_FIRM and stick it back on it, and I'm not really planning on formatting sysNAND anytime soon, but I'm still curious.

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welp, i need some help with this tool, if i want to format my sysnand with tinyformat, i need to install it in my sysnand, right? The problem is when i installed the tool, my sysnand don't show the app and i have a black square witouh information, what i need to do here?

anonymoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Welp, i need some help with this tool, if i want to format my sysnand with tinyformat, i need to install it in my sysnand, right? The problem is when i installed the tool, my sysnand don't show the app and i have a black square witouh information, what i need to do here?
make sure you are in the signature patched sysNAND

charapuchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
cant download tinyformat from above link...its keep failing..even though my connection is fine. does anyone have a mirror or solution for my problem.i realy do need tinyformat to do an nand unlink.Much appreciate for any help

EDIT: Nevermind...i found my problem and fixed it...:)

Last edited by charapuchi,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
One can succesfully unlink nands formating emunand now too? that's neat! MSET exploit is not so needed this days after all...

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wait, so can I use this to unlink NANDs by only formatting the emuNAND, effectively bypassing the need for erasing everything on my SD card or formatting sysNAND? (sorry if this is already known - I'm a total noobNAND here)

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do i have to install this on sysnand to format sysnand? or can i just install this on emunand and it can format sysnand as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol