Homebrew [Release] tickCRYPT: Easily transfer DSiWare from one console to another!

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tickCRYPT is a small little script that I've been working on that does what the title says: allows you to easily transfer DSiWare from one console to another!

tickCRYPT will decrypt all tickets from one console, and re-encrypt them for another! All done automatically!
This is also useful if you find a NAND backup online (and you know the ConsoleID and CID) with DSiWare titles that you'd like to "borrow" over to your own system.

Version 2.0: tickCRYPT 2.0 introduces automatic title and ticket copying! No more copying title folders and ticket (.tik files)!

How To Use It:
  1. Download the latest release of tickCRYPT below and extract the ZIP file
  2. Mount both DSi NAND's using OSFMount
  3. Add each ConsoleID to the sourceDSi_ConsoleID.txt and targetDSi_ConsoleID.txt files respectively, replacing the sample XXXX's.
  4. Run tickCRYPT.bat, follow the prompts, and wait.
  5. Re-encrypt the target DSi's NAND, and you're done! All titles should appear on your system menu.
  1. Download the latest release of tickCRYPT below and extract the ZIP file
  2. Mount both DSi NAND's using OSFMount
  3. Copy all .tik files from the source DSi's NAND:\ticket\00030004\ folder to the "input" folder
  4. Add each ConsoleID to the sourceDSi_ConsoleID.txt and targetDSi_ConsoleID.txt files respectively, replacing the sample 1234567812345678.
  5. Run tickCRYPT.bat and wait.
  6. Copy all .tik files from the "output" folder to the target DSi's NAND:\ticket\00030004\ folder.
  7. Copy all folders from the source DSi's NAND:\title\00030004\ folder to the target DSi's DSi's NAND:\title\00030004\ folder
  8. Re-encrypt the target DSi's NAND, and you're done! All titles should appear on your system menu.
Note: TWLtool, included in this archive, is made by @WulfyStylez, not me!

Attachments

• tickCRYPT_v1.0.zip
    43 KB · Views: 412
  • tickCRYPT_v2.0.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 698
Last edited by dpad_5678,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure new DSiWare-filled NAND backups will start to appear online since the leak of ugopwn and the upcoming release of the official FlipnoteHax and possible DSiBrowserHax.

Reactions: Bama

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KOOL !!! i have a nand like that somewhere around here..... lets transfer those dsiwares!!!

take-bow-13026234.jpg

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They still sell DSiWare on the eShop. If I recall correctly, there is a way to copy them from a Nintendo 3DS to a Nintendo DSi.
Only dsi->3ds with official tools; BTW, I remember that someone was creating a new dsiware archive format for use with rocket launcher...

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Great script.It seem enought simple to convert it to bash (linux,macosx) .
But the problem is if i have a 3ds where i wanna extract dsiware titles to a NAND backup? i dont know how found console ID on 3ds nor correct nand backup.
Fwtool does not work fine on 3ds,it create the bios but create a wrong nand backup,CID file...

I have tried several the other tutorial i saw here but i was unable to could play my dsiware titles on no$gba :/ (i must explain than i have to use twltool on linux because it doesnt work on my pc with windows and i dont know why :/)

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, another thinly veiled piracy tool. Moving on.
This thread was not created to discuss the ethics of piracy. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, don't even bother replying. I have yet to see you make useful scripts like the OP has. Good work OP!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu