Homebrew Homebrew app [Release] ThirdTube - A homebrew YouTube client for the new 3DS.

windows_server_2003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

SeedDOS

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I usually care (sometimes excessively) about the support of older devices/OSes, but this time I decided not to support Old 3DSes.
They have lower CPU frequency than new 3DSes and, most importantly, lack the hardware decoding capability, resulting in failure to stably achieve 30 FPS in playing 144p videos, which is the lowest resolution available on YouTube.
Video Threading might fix it maybe? Or that screen thing where you have a blank line after each line of color? (Pixel filtering? screenline filtering?) That is what I have to go through (set on) to play/emulate PS1 games on an O3DS stably.
Personally, this isnt that big of a problem to fix if you meddle with how the video is outputted on the screen AFTER video quality adjustments.

JoelSonamShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It seems that the first thing I have to do when I get back is to tweak it for old 3DSes.
The MP4 video player got a really good update which makes the audio run smooth and video smooth too. Even on the old 3ds with texture filter on. Implementation of thirdtube for old 3ds should be much better now :)

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://piunikaweb.com/2022/01/15/nvidia-shield-tv-plex-and-other-apps-not-working-after-android-...