Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
logo.png

Description

The Sharing of Isaac is a sharing savegame system for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which will allows you to use a single savegame in both PC and 3DS versions of the game! It can also be used as a cloud space where to save your savegames if you don't own a PC or a 3DS version of the game.

Can i setup a private server?

If you have a working development environment and an host with a MySQL database, setting up a private server it's quite easy since the project is COMPLETELY OPEN SOURCE.
Sourcecode is available on this GitHub repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/The-Sharing-Of-Isaac

Credits

@MasterFeizz for spending hours explaning me how to send a POST request with sockets.
@ihaveamac for compiling the client for Mac and Linux.

How to use

DISCLAIMER: The project is currently in BETA phase so first of all i HIGHLY SUGGEST you to take a backup of your savegame (PC version: persistentgamedata1.dat file, N3DS version: gamedata1.dat file).

Register to the service with this page ( http://rinnegatamante.it/TSOI/register.php ) and follow the instructions on screen.​

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
So... 3DS save game cloud backup service? That's great!

Not only, it allows you also to have a single save for PC and 3DS version.
Example: You start play PC version then you want to use the same save on 3DS version. Just launch the uploader on PC and then the LOCAL savegame updater on 3DS :D

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Is it only supporting rebirth saves, or is it possible to use an afterbirth save too?

At the moment it supports only Rebirth. I also have Afterbirth so probably i'll go experiment a bit on some retro-conversion. If i found a way to retro-convert the save, Afterbirth support could be added.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Including adf.ly links in the source. :rolleyes: Also, there's an SQLi vulnerability in the upload script. I'd recommend people not install this on their server.

Edit: There's not a vulnerability in the game as far as I know. Please don't message me asking for one. The vulnerability is in the PHP of this release, not the game itself.

Last edited by Joom,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Including adf.ly links in the source. :rolleyes: Also, there's an SQLi vulnerability in the upload script. I'd recommend people not install this on their server.

Edit: There's not a vulnerability in the game as far as I know. Please don't message me asking for one. The vulnerability is in the PHP of this release, not the game itself.

Don't see where is the problem for adf.ly link in the source.
Anyway, for the SQL Injection vuln, i'm pretty sure the uploader is safe (on my db there is also nothing important to steal/delete and users pass are obviously encrypted) anyway, if you want/have time, you can push a pull request on repository to fix the vuln (if you already tried an injection and it resulted in a vuln obviously).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
For anyone alrready registered. I forgot to mention an important step in setup instructions, i'll go to report it:

Be sure to have also Steam Cloud DISABLED. To disable it, just right-click on TBOI: Rebirth in your Steam Library, click on Properties, go to Updates tab and disable the Steam Cloud option.

Cent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm having trouble getting this to work. Got my save game uploaded on the PC side, but on my 3DS when I launch the app, I'm just seeing a black top screen and a red bottom screen. I've got the files in the correct places as indicated in the instructions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu