Hacking [Release] the new Homebrew Store is now live!

pierre_l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Here is the link: Homebrew Discord Store

You will find over 400 homebrews, including games, apps and emulators - with more being currently added.

pRwAgzu.jpg

The Store launches as a Radio plugin - just download 'HDStore.prs' from the link above, place it under PSP/RADIOPLAYER, and launch it from the Network menu.

1.PNG

Alternative: Automatic setup from PSP Browser

Visit http://psp-dev.org/hb/ from your PSP broswer, and then click on the icon under 'Installable Channel for Sony PSP':

R3w846H.png

This will automatically install the Radio Channel plugin for you.

All credit goes to the developer, mrneo240.

Last edited by pierre_l,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's been so long that homebrew is getting hard to find, so i'm installing this in my PSP as soon as i get back home

pierre_l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Forgot to say something quite important - getting a PSP to connect to the internet is a pain these days, because it doesn't support the modern WPA2 security standard.

Two options - if you have an Android device, you can set up a hotspot with lower security settings. This is not possible on iOS devices.

If you're on a WiFi router, you may be able to lower security settings to something like WPA-AES (which the PSP does support). If you choose to do this, you might want to also filter the allowed devices by MAC address, to avoid unwanted guests in your WiFi network.

I can't provide additional information on how to set it up because every router is different, but the PSP Reddit has a short guide here.

yoofo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick software but sadly I don't think my router supports those. If it does I'll definitely report back

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came here to say this works on ps vita adrenaline.
Thank you for this,it's amazing!
psp homebrew was getting so hard to find nowadays

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! My question is very simple, can anyone modify the PSP's firmware so it supports new routers and stuff?
It's possible if we could do the decompiling and reverse engineering necessary(not sure if decompiling those files is even possible yet), and i know it wouldn't be easy, maybe in the future someone will do it though, for now best way I've found is to get a cheap wifi extender or old router, connect to your main router, set is to different ssid than main router, set no password, and turn off ssid broadcast so it will be hidden, then manually add ssid to the psp, and just turn it off whenever you're not using it.

Last edited by kaymynd,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Homebrew store under the radio player?
That's pretty fucking sweet.
Not to mention that in this day and era, the PSP gets homebrew released like this, super sweet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: