Homebrew [Release] Tetris Clone made by a bad programmer - A Tetris clone

Sleepy Flower Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a clone of the game Tetris. a game where you control falling things and fill rows of them falling things. the falling stuff fall faster the more you fill the rows. Why because I'm the programmer aka god.

skip to 10 secs

This thing I made was only for me to get more experience with programming. I still feel like a new programmer with no experience, but I want some.

and I know some of you are going to complain that dropping the things is the up button, or just controls in general. This will be fixed in an later update.
a and b is for rotation
y is for hold
start is for closing the game

you can download it here: https://github.com/NoNamer64/Tetris-Clone-made-by-a-bad-programmer/releases
and source code here: https://github.com/NoNamer64/Tetris-Clone-made-by-a-bad-programmer

Last edited by Sleepy Flower Girl,

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice work. If I press up, there is a small delay before the "cube" is set in place, meaning I can control it before it is set in place. Looking forward to the later versions! :)

Sleepy Flower Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work. If I press up, there is a small delay before the "cube" is set in place, meaning I can control it before it is set in place. Looking forward to the later versions! :)
yes I know, I did that on purpose. so that you can move it before I lock it into place, other tetris games do this as well.

Entonghibang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its great, One more thing is it possible to make it online or atleast multiplayer ? sorry for my dumb question hehe , I think it would really be fun

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Nice. Always fun to see people that codes homebrew the 3ds :)

Tetris and pong clones have to be some of the most classic games to port/remake/clone. :)

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its great, One more thing is it possible to make it online or atleast multiplayer ? sorry for my dumb question hehe , I think it would really be fun

Dude
He says he is a 'bad' programmer (novice is probably a better word)
Net code is hard. He should get more experience before even considering it

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ehm my tetris for the 3ds is more bad. I even deleted it from the internet :P
(to be fair, i made it a healf year ago(i am now a lot better)). My tetris has 2700 lines of code XD and not even a nice style. It uses printf ONLY XDDDD

Reactions: cearp

Shadik09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be cool to have an option to allow the screen to rotate and use the 3DS sideways.
That way you take advantage of the whole screen and use the D-pad to control the movements. :)

Sleepy Flower Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never done networking or have any know how to do multiplayer. plus it's something that isn't needed

plus I don't know how I'm going to turn it into multiplayer besides making it into a leader bords thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think it would be cool to have an option to allow the screen to rotate and use the 3DS sideways.
That way you take advantage of the whole screen and use the D-pad to control the movements. :)

well add to the long to-do list I guess, or I can just make two different builds which I will not do. But it's a better idea to start working on that after I finish the opinions menu, because it doesn't sound too hard of a future to add.

Last edited by Sleepy Flower Girl,
Reactions: Entonghibang

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all