ROM Hack [Release] Super Smash Bros 3DS Save Editor

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This save editor does have bugs, one being that it directly modifies the save files that it opens, so make a backup of the save file before opening it with this editor. Also this editor is written in a very old language, however should still work for what it is intended to do. I used another source program written in the said language as a template, and made this Editor. When someone else create an SSB3DS editor and release it, that editor will most likely supersede this one.
Keep in mind that the editor allows you to acquire all move sets, headgears, and outfits, in a very crude way. It simply writes "FF" to the location of the save file that enables these things. I do not know if Nintendo can ban based on what is written on the save file or not, so keep that in mind, that it is very noticeable when viewing it in a hex editor.
Forgot to mention that this editor has been tested on version 1.0.4.
Try to refrain from using insane amount of values, like for coins.
Refer to this thread: [Development] Smash 3DS Save Map for unlocking all characters and if your game reject that says something along the line of "Since not the latest data"
So without further ado, enjoy your ill gotten trophies, and moves, etc.
Update: Confirmed by keyra that the editor works on version 1.0.5 of the game.

Update 2: My SSB3DS Save Editor is updated to v2.5 and has some new unlocking features. This was tested on update version 1.0.8.
I have compiled version 2, but felt it was not good enough for release as the transparent feature was not working and the DLC characters were released before I could release it. So I bumped it up to version 2.5, because the DLC characters were added into the list.
Now you are able to edit your Power equipment in your custom character slots (a character must be saved to the said slot to be modified). It is best to customize your characters, and give it equipment before using the Power editor menu. The Power editor menu can and will make your characters obese, as it allows you to bypass the wight limit of the amount of powers you can equip in smash run. Using the unlock all specials feature is highly recommended to fully utilize the powers equipped for smash run, else all the ones you did not earn will be faded out.
The SSB3DS save editor has grown in size unfortunately, and the old programming language could not be supported. So now version 2.5 requires .Net framework version 4 to run.
Again all the bugs still remains as well as perhaps some new ones.
I also compiled both 32 bit and 64 bit of the editor, however keep in mind that the 32 bit version is fast, but unstable and the 64 bit version is slow but stable. When using the 32 bit version, make sure not to open no more then 2 or 3 characters in a single session, as you will encounter a memory exception error. To reset the characters opening count, just simply close all the way out the application and relaunch it. The 64 bit version does not have these limitation.
If you get an unhandled exception upon loading a save in the power editing menu, then something went wrong with the save. This is why it is very important to keep a backup of your save. Another option (don't know if it will work but should) is to delete the character in the offending slot and create a new one in its place, and retry.
Sadly repeat loading of the save file is needed. So load the save file at the main menu, then again at every character selection.
To activate the new menu, you need to click on Peach button.
I have not tested the "DLC Trophies" without the DLC characters, so it may or may not work properly without the DLC installed.
I will leave the old download alone so in case if people do not want an bloated SSB3DS .net framework version. However they will be missing out on new features.
This editor does not unlock DLC characters like Ryu.

Update 3: Added a feature to edit character fight records. To access the menu, you need to click on the "Mario" button, then in his menu, you can select any of the characters available for editing. Keep in mind this is made before Cloud Strife became a DLC character.
Again please refrain from using/loading insane amount of values, you will cause an exception if you do. So if the save already have an insane value for say KO count, this save editor will cause an exception to occur, and will not be able to use this save editor, at least not without manually editing the offending address, or resetting your save.
It also appears that I broke something in this save editor v3.0 because when you click cancel on the load save dialog, an exception occurs.
You will have to load the save on each and every character menu that you want to edit.
I have decided to enable the "Peach" button from the get go so that way you will not have to load the save just to be able to access the power menu.
The save editor has been tested on update version 1.1.2.

Update 4: It's been a while since I worked on this save editor. I had it compiled about couple of month ago, however never got around to upload it. I think this will be my last update for the save editor, because I just don't have the time to work on it and getting to the point of being tedious to updating it. Also NTR and Gateway allows cheating and that is more powerful in my opinion and maybe working on that. All the bugs are still in the save editor and has not been rectified and I added the last three DLC characters in the list and some new features. The new features is to be used at your own risk, as sometimes it will freeze your 3DS old and new alike and at that point the Save is useless. If you do use the one button click to unlock all challenges, you will not earn the prizes behind the challenges.
The save editor has been tested on update version 1.1.5.

So, here it is hosted on an external site: SSB3DSsaveeditorv2.5
Again, hosted on an external site: SSB3DSsaveeditorv3.0
Possibly the final build here at: SSB3DSsaveeditorv340
2vkwxex.jpg
2luqcno.jpg
1zp5sso.jpg
1178f0z.jpg

Value of 1 increments by one seconds, you will have to figure out the time for hours and minute. For example 60 seconds is 1 minutes and 1 hour is 3600 seconds. Percent is calculated on how often other characters remains unmodified/un-played.

Ticking anything in these will instantly write to your save, regardless if you click on "save" or not. So be careful and as always backup your saves.
2qxye75.jpg

Attachments

• SSB3DSsaveedit.zip
    101 KB · Views: 17,158
Last edited by RandomUser,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it against the rules to mirror elsewhere? I've tried and failed the download three times, but my connection's just fine otherwise.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it against the rules to mirror elsewhere? I've tried and failed the download three times, but my connection's just fine otherwise.
I don't mind mirrors at all. In case if you are still having trouble downloading it, an alternate link is here. This one is a 7-zip file though and is much smaller.
That is strange, I cannot replicate this problem on my end, I even tried on fresh install of the OS. It maybe a long shot, perhaps you can try to copy the ocx file into your SysWOW64 directory, it should work. If not then you may have to issue this command in cmd prompt:
Code:
regsvr32 %systemroot%\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX
To register the said file (may not be reversible). If that does not help, do you have access to another OS, like VMWare?
I also notice that you are using french (I think) version of the OS, perhaps that is the reason it's not recognizing the file since it is from an English version of OS?

Reactions: frogboy

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't mind mirrors at all. In case if you are still having trouble downloading it, an alternate link is here. This one is a 7-zip file though and is much smaller.

That is strange, I cannot replicate this problem on my end, I even tried on fresh install of the OS. It maybe a long shot, perhaps you can try to copy the ocx file into your SysWOW64 directory, it should work. If not then you may have to issue this command in cmd prompt:
Code:
To register the said file (may not be reversible). If that does not help, do you have access to another OS, like VMWare?
I also notice that you are using french (I think) version of the OS, perhaps that is the reason it's not recognizing the file since it is from an English version of OS?

Yeah, it's in french.
I have tried to put COMDLG32.OCX in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but i have the same problem, even with your line regsvr32

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Code:
Yeah, it's in french.
I have tried to put COMDLG32.OCX in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but i have the same problem, even with your line regsvr32

same error as Asia81 on my french win 8.1 but in fact it works if you use "launch as admin"

ZMtXT6Cm.jpg

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same error as Asia81 on my french win 8.1 but in fact it works if you use "launch as admin"

ZMtXT6Cm.jpg
I forgot about that "launch as admin" feature. My UAC is completely disabled by default, so I don't use that command. Thanks for helping out.
Yeah, it's in french.
You can try what keyra did and that should solve the problem. I have forgotten about launch as administrator command.
If you want a permanent solution, after you change UAC to never notify, then launch CMD as admin, then type regedit. After you launch regedit, you need to go to:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
Then look for "EnableLUA" and change the value from 1 to 0. Restart your computer, and you shouldn't ever have to use "launch as admin" command. Keep in mind that you won't be able to launch applications that needs UAC enabled like Microsoft Store.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the save have to be decrypted (For example, backing up the save using SaveDataFiler) or can you use a backed up save using gateway launcher and the smash cartridge?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the save have to be decrypted (For example, backing up the save using SaveDataFiler) or can you use a backed up save using gateway launcher and the smash cartridge?
Yes, Save must be decrypted by using SaveDataFiler. Any saves in sav, zav, or any other format will not work.

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a nooby mistake and didn't backup any of the saves for my digital games. This will help alot, Thanks! :lol:

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Save Editor is updated to version 2.5. See first post.

The Save Editor just takes System_Data.bin it says. How do I export this file from smash? (I have GW)
You need to use SaveDataFiler. It should be in a form of a cia file to install onto your emunand. The save in question should be labeled with edf at the end to export.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/