[Release] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED (Artema Translations)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by madmazda86, Oct 12, 2019.

1. madmazda86
    OP

madmazda86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    It's not a misspelling, don't worry :) You'll notice that both Kaguya and Suzuka use Kosmos and Telos. It's how the naming conventions were in the original translation. It's quite clear when people are saying KOS-MOS or not! We've tried to stick with that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Good spot, thank you!

Great to hear you'll enjoy it! There is no date for any update to the patcher. We've not heard of any issues so far that make the game unplayable or affect enjoyment of the story. We haven't heard of any adverse effects related to the dump either.

So just give it a go. Most have played with no issues so far but if you have problems just post here.

Last edited by madmazda86, Oct 13, 2019
    scorcherboy and Warlordsander like this.
  2. Sweetd

Sweetd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    Canada
    The console that activates the conveyors in varna street after fighting Anne Sirena is all in japanese. When you check it when the console is red it gives you a prompt in japanese.

scorcherboy and madmazda86 like this.
  3. Red_Slash

Red_Slash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2009
    Brazil
    It's very refreshing to see a big RPG like this being translated, especially when by contrast many grind to a halt or don't even truly get off the ground, so congratulations to the team.
    I'd like to make not of a few things I caught. Mostly untranslated japanese in menus for location names when saving and loading.

Occurence 1 is in the crashed ship (happens more than once) and occurence 2 is when saving near the base of the sakura tree (sorry for the lack of names, they escape me right now)
    I will amend the post if more details are needed.

Attached Files:

4. RyuukenZenkou

RyuukenZenkou Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    Chile
    It's ok. I'm already testing and no problems so far. I'll report any issue if found.

5. rettowo

rettowo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Colombia
    i was going to say about cheats file
    but looks like someone said.

also thanks for translating the game!

6. estebanhq

estebanhq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Chile
    i have a problem i downloaded a rom of mugen no frontier exceed but when i export the rom it change to 4737 to 4736

7. Kalion

Kalion Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Australia
    @Umaru_chan Mind direct messaging me? I have a couple of questions. Thank you

8. ZexxCrine

ZexxCrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    United States
    I'm having this exact problem currently. if someone has a fix that would be fantastic. was looking forward to playing this on my 3ds. works fine on emulator though.

Edit: can confirm that it is because the AP patch is not being applied. if the english patcher could be made to recognize the apfixed version or if there was a way to brute force the AP-patch onto the english patched version then this would be a non-issue. however, i'm not sure how viable an option either of those things would be.

Last edited by ZexxCrine, Oct 14, 2019
  9. madmazda86
    OP

madmazda86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I'll pass this onto Hotaru but we have done all our testing etc on DeSmume so I can't guarantee if there will be a fix or how long it will take.

10. retrogamefan

retrogamefan ***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***

pip Developer
    Oct 8, 2009
    Antarctica
    Please refer to this post here for your fix

motaku96 and madmazda86 like this.
  11. madmazda86
    OP

madmazda86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for your time doing this! Have added to OP.

12. Raidou

Raidou Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    I think I found a typo, but I'm not sure. I believe they mean "commerce" and not "commerence". Either that, or Kyon is being an airhead and it's supposed to be that way.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Raidou, Oct 14, 2019
    madmazda86 likes this.
  13. madmazda86
    OP

madmazda86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Good spot, thank you!

Hirowetski likes this.
  14. bajol

bajol Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Portugal
    @madmazda86 any chance of replacing the logo with a translated one in a future patch? (like using the first game's logo with the "exceed" part below it)

15. Umaru_chan

Umaru_chan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    Australia
    Bit off topic but is there any chance of pre/post battle conversations being translated? Would be cool to know what they are saying lol

Last edited by Umaru_chan, Oct 14, 2019
  16. madmazda86
    OP

madmazda86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I will put it to the team :)

No, sorry, there are no plans to soft-sub for this game.

17. Hirowetski

Hirowetski Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2019
    Japan
    Ummmm... Can someone explaine how to use the patch for the cheat?

18. Warlordsander

Warlordsander Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    Nanbu Mark Coffee Description error

"Coffee with milk. Sweet.
    Fully restores the whole party's HP."

But it only Fully heals one characters HP.
    [​IMG]

madmazda86 likes this.
  19. Raidou

Raidou Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    I believe the word "it" should be between "take" and "you" for the sentence to be correct (first image).

KOS-MOS doesn't complete her sentence (second image). If you press A, Katze will follow up with his line after that (third image).

I believe the word "a" should be between "is" and "lucky" for the sentence to be correct (fourth image).

I don't think this is a mistake, but just to be sure: during your first meeting with Rig the guard, there are quite a few instances where the textbox simply shows a couple of question marks. In the Japanese version it showed a couple of dots. Just thought I should let you know (fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth image).

There's a savepoint after you defeat Rig the guard and descend using the elevator you just turned on (tenth image). When saving, the location is still in Japanese when viewing the savefile (eleventh image).

Attached Files:

madmazda86 likes this.
  20. motaku96

motaku96 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2019
    United States
    @retrogamefan

Thank you so much for this. Spent all of Saturday and Sunday wracking my head over why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by motaku96, Oct 14, 2019
  21. PhilippeAlaurent

PhilippeAlaurent Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2012
    [ArtemaTranslations]EndlessFrontierExceed__25956. Untranslated location spot for a save spot. It's the one located in Mirabilis Castle, in the big room with the cubes you push around. (Basically, right after you beat T-elos into submission and break the Hum-Dum statue in the following rooms.)

Additionally, disregard my earlier post elsewhere about the touch-screen battle menu not showing assist characters. It seems I had pushed the Select key by mistake and it showed me the support character list, which is a normal feature that I had no prior knowledge of. ^.-

madmazda86 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted