[RELEASE] Streets of Rage Remake (BennuGD) port

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues with the music tracks not looping in levels? I believe I downloaded the v1.3 vpk that says it apparently fixed this issue in the headline. But, alas. I'm having that very issue.

Also seem to be having other minor sound bugs, with enemy hits on me sometimes having no sound effects, and sometimes the missing sound effect clipping and muting the music track.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Nevertheless, this game is amazing. Kind of shits of Streets of Rage 4, and I really liked Streets 4.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues with the music tracks not looping in levels? I believe I downloaded the v1.3 vpk that says it apparently fixed this issue in the headline. But, alas. I'm having that very issue.

Also seem to be having other minor sound bugs, with enemy hits on me sometimes having no sound effects, and sometimes the missing sound effect clipping and muting the music track.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Nevertheless, this game is amazing. Kind of shits of Streets of Rage 4, and I really liked Streets 4.
I've not had any music or sound bugs yett >?

Reactions: Thee_Stranger

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not had any music or sound bugs yett >?
Lucky.

Well, I've played it a little more now. Seems like I only had a problem with the music not looping on the very first level. Other than that, there is still a seemingly blank sound when certain enemies punch me. But it's really not enough to even bother me. One thing that is absolutely broken and annoyingly so is the Profile text input. You select one letter, and it quickly fills in all the characters with the same letter and refuses to let you delete it. Anyone else have that?

Nicer icons would be cool, though. And to see how the widescreen is. However, the link to it that's posted here is a dead link. Not gonna lose much sleep over it as I'm perfectly happy with the game as is. But if anyone knows where it's located, I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this. Install ReVita plugin first (I used AutoPluginII to install it). Then, install the zip that I attached above. Unzip and copy the data folder to ux0: and overwrite files when asked. Now widescreen mod works WITH the dpad. Also, I didn't install the included vpk.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this. Install ReVita plugin first (I used AutoPluginII to install it). Then, install the zip that I attached above. Unzip and copy the data folder to ux0: and overwrite files when asked. Now widescreen mod works WITH the dpad. Also, I didn't install the included vpk.
Really, I'm going to do these exact steps later too then the game is fun.. But I need the D pad to work otherwise it just felt off... Nice work..

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a God among men. Thank you.

However, I do have a few more questions:

- Are previous saves compatible after this?

- Is the CPU Friend not compatible with the Vita version? I unlocked it in the shop. However, the option isn't appearing in the main menu, nor anywhere else.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d like to think that, if you didn’t install the included vpk, then your existing save should work. I can not confirm this. It may work. I’d backup my save, just as a precaution.

I’m unfamiliar with CPU Friend, I’ve never used the shop and can’t answer that.

You might find this information is a subreddit.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the vpk and my savestate loaded fine. I’m sure your game save will continue to work too.
Well, I successfully installed AutopluginII, but it won't let me install ReVita.

System Message
Custom Warning doesn't work on 3.67/3.68

I hacked my Vita about 4 years ago, so my memory's hazy on specifics. I believe I'm on firmware 3.60 and simply spoofing 3.68 in order to be able to access PSN.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently I'm spoofing firmware 3.73, but am actually on 3.68. Does anyone know how I can possibly update the firmware? I'll keep looking into it.

EDIT, EDIT: Looks like I'll have to roll my firmware back to 3.60. I will undertake this project later.

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT: Well, something went horribly, terribly wrong with that. I downloaded modoru, the original 3.60 firmware, and followed the tutorial and onscreen prompts. Apparently, I'm rolled back to 3.60 now. But it deleted all of my PS1 & PSP games. It won't boot up any homebrew, and when I try to load up h-encore to install henkaku, my Vita just crashes. :sad:

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT, EDIT: Okay, we have a heartbeat. :nds: Crisis averted. The text tutorial I was following didn't inform me that I needed to use the web browser to install henkaku after the initial firmware rollback. All my PS1 & PSP games are still deleted for some reason, but I can recover those later. I ended up installing Ensō as well, so hopefully I never need to dink with this firmware business ever again going forward.

So, I installed ReVita via AutoPluginII and the attached SoRR data folder as directed, and it did work. However, it did not recover my previous save. Although now the CPU Friend option is actually displaying on the main menu -- as well as 2P option -- whereas both were completely omitted from the menu before. Weird. Not sure why that was, but this mod apparently had some bonus benefits for me besides just the widescreen (although I seem to be experiencing slightly more frame dipping in spots when the screen gets particularly cluttered, and I'm still experiencing the same minor glitches with the music not looping and enemy punches seemingly missing a sound effect). The CPU Friend option is currently locked as I lost my previous save where I unlocked it from the shop, but I should actually be able to utilize the feature now, after I go back through and beat the game again. So, thanks again! :yaypsp:

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On another note, what exactly is the function of the .vpk file (besides the icon and window art)? I only ask because I wonder if installing the alternate .vpk in the provided link would possibly have any effect on the mentioned sound glitches and whatnot.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m pretty certain that this other vpk includes better assets.

Yeah, it's seemingly the same vpk that was included with the widescreen mod you posted before. I actually tried it earlier.

I actually like the original vpk art assets better. I feel the retro, pixel art and actual in-game logos and assets are more fitting. Just wish the background of the bubble icon was black or blue or something instead of white, and that it used the full name instead of the abbreviation. But the new vpk didn't change anything as far as how stable the game is, or the minor glitches I'm experiencing. So, I just reinstalled the old one.

But thanks, anyway. Your input turned out to not only improve the game for me, but reinforce and improve my overall Vita jailbreak as well.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Streets of Rage Remake 1.2 by u/isage_dna + Widescreen support temp. fix + New assets​

Download: https://files.fm/u/qb6yjszn7

Changes:
* new bubble, background and title picture added because it's missing in the original release
* renamed the bubble from SORR to Streets of Rage Remake
* widescreen support temp. fix while isage will work on it
by

MasterNanoBaiter
Dead link 😔 anyone can share?

Also I’m looking for a complete save file if anyone can share, or at least with some progress, I need my SoR Axel skin and the cool “cheats” from the shop.

found on reddit ... much nicer in widescreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs