Homebrew [Release] Sqrxz3 for 3DS - Retroguru Team

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sqrxz3.gif

Sqrxz and his girlfriend were on a romantic adventure journey in a jungle somewhere here on our planet. All of a sudden Yve gets kidnapped by an evil power and Sqrxz is forced to collect dozens of shiny little rings to free her. The old ruins he has to explore are anything else than safe. Traps are spread all over the place… and… Sqrxz is not alone!

---------------------​

The game is released in 3dsx and Cia formats. The code is closed source and copyright of Retroguru (www.retroguru.com)

Release link (final) : http://www.retroguru.com/sqrxz3/sqrxz3-v.latest-nintendo3ds.zip
Check the Sqrz3 page http://www.sqrxz.de/sqrxz-3 for other platforms ports of this game.

Sqrxz3 Trailer

Releases

First release - 3dsx and CIA (02 june 2017)

Screenshots

sqrxz3_1.png
sqrxz3_2.png

Installation

In the zip there are the Cia file and a folder with the 3dsx and the smdh files inside, to be used with a homebrew launcher. All the resources are included in the executable using romfs.

The game creates a sqrxz3 subfolder inside the 3ds folder if doesn't exist.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
firmware is 11.4. cfw is luma3ds 7.1-c73fec4
I checked the cia and it's ok.

You should be on boot9strap, and I can't test on it. You'll have to wait I install b9s this summer. Meanwhile you can try if you have the same problem with Hermes. It uses the same enfine code and the same libs.

Does anyone else experienced problems with the cia?

intocake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokedit.com
XP
Country
United States
I checked the cia and it's ok.

You should be on boot9strap, and I can't test on it. You'll have to wait I install b9s this summer. Meanwhile you can try if you have the same problem with Hermes. It uses the same enfine code and the same libs.

Does anyone else experienced problems with the cia?

Ya I'm on b9s. Not sure what's going on. I thought maybe it was a bad install so I removed it and then re-installed from a re-download. Same thing problem. When I open it it shows the 3DS logo screen for a few seconds and then the top screen get's white and black striped and then it crashes.

D

Deleted User

I'm just gonna say that you are by far one of the best devs in the scene. I haven't installed any of your games yet but I need to. You have done so much, and ported so many, is is amazing. Most homebrew we had before were all tools to help us pirate, but you and your team really proved that homebrew can be just as good as regular games. Keep it going dude.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for double post but I created a FBI QR Install for it. This is from my google drive so if you want one from a different source (like your website) let me know. It requires a direct download link for the CIA file
create-qr-code

Reactions: cearp

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ya I'm on b9s. Not sure what's going on. I thought maybe it was a bad install so I removed it and then re-installed from a re-download. Same thing problem. When I open it it shows the 3DS logo screen for a few seconds and then the top screen get's white and black striped and then it crashes.

Changing payloads can always create problems. That's why I'm waiting to update my system.

Probably I'll have to check if there are changes to ctrulib and citra to work with B9S, but this is the case, updating could break compatibility with older CFW.

At the moment SDL lib advanced features don't work with FW 9.x, and I don't know why, but since most people now are on 11.x it's not a big problem.

I really want to awoid to have to release multiple version of the games for differten FW/CFW.

As I said please check if it's the same with Hermes, just to confirm that there is a compatibility issue of SDl lib with your configuration.

D

Deleted User

Changing payloads can always create problems. That's why I'm waiting to update my system.

Probably I'll have to check if there are changes to ctrulib and citra to work with B9S, but this is the case, updating could break compatibility with older CFW.

At the moment SDL lib advanced features don't work with FW 9.x, and I don't know why, but since most people now are on 11.x it's not a big problem.

I really want to awoid to have to release multiple version of the games for differten FW/CFW.

As I said please check if it's the same with Hermes, just to confirm that there is a compatibility issue of SDl lib with your configuration.
I think that the problem is on his end. I have B9S and just installed the CIA and it works fine. Good job on the game btw. You guys did awesome.

@intocake try using an official release of Luma, not a nightly. That may help.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for double post but I created a FBI QR Install for it. This is from my google drive so if you want one from a different source (like your website) let me know. It requires a direct download link for the CIA file

I'm starting to upload the cia files on my github outsibe of the zip with the 3dsx build so to have a direct link for FBI. I don't have a dite yet, was going to make it on github but don't have time.

People are goiing to upload my games on titledb.com, that's fine for me, but often the releases are not uopdated to mu ltest releases. This causes some problem of people reporting bugs from older versions, already fixed in the latest.

So better avoi too may mirror download sites.

D

Deleted User

I'm starting to upload the cia files on my github outsibe of the zip with the 3dsx build so to have a direct link for FBI. I don't have a dite yet, was going to make it on github but don't have time.

People are goiing to upload my games on titledb.com, that's fine for me, but often the releases are not uopdated to mu ltest releases. This causes some problem of people reporting bugs from older versions, already fixed in the latest.

So better avoi too may mirror download sites.
Alright. That was just there in case you needed one for the time being!

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that the problem is on his end. I have B9S and just installed the CIA and it works fine.

Thanks for your feedback. Retroguru team makes only free games, but a lot of the member works in the game industry as coders, graphics or music composers, so in the team there are high standards for our releases, expecially in supporting users and fixing bugs.

I'm happy to know that there isn't a generalized problem with B9S and latest stable Luma, or @Kojote would have stessed me to find a solution tonight :lol:.

Alright. That was just there in case you needed one for the time being!

:grog:

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your efforts to bring all retroguru games to 3DS. But can I ask for a favour please? I'm one of those who grew up in the pixel era, that's why I (and people like me) love pixelperfect games. Not blurred, not stretched to fit (only 2x if really needed :rolleyes:) and all pixels clear and perfectly edgy on the screen. If it's possible I'd like to ask for an option where we can select the original aspect ratio. I surely dunno what size the original aspect ratio is of course, but if it runs on Amiga OCS/ECS hardware (which is 320x240 NTSC or 320x256 PAL) then this could be done on the 3DS too. ^_^

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your efforts to bring all retroguru games to 3DS. But can I ask for a favour please? I'm one of those who grew up in the pixel era, that's why I (and people like me) love pixelperfect games. Not blurred, not stretched to fit (only 2x if really needed :rolleyes:) and all pixels clear and perfectly edgy on the screen. If it's possible I'd like to ask for an option where we can select the original aspect ratio. I surely dunno what size the original aspect ratio is of course, but if it runs on Amiga OCS/ECS hardware (which is 320x240 NTSC or 320x256 PAL) then this could be done on the 3DS too. ^_^

I disabled it for a bug in the SDL lib that crashes the game changing the video mode.

If I find time to fix it I'll add the option to select from original 320x240 size and the 400x240 stretched mode.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all